Antifreeze leak?

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1996 GTS:

My antifreeze is leaking out onto my garage floor... It has for over a month now but the antifreeze looks fine in my tank. It doesn't seem to come close to running low.

I took it into the shop to get the oil changed and to look everything over and he didn't seem to think anything was wrong with any fluids. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
front. about halfway between front bumper and middle.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is around the front right area, there is a screw that sometimes wears into the coolant tank. This tank is in front of the passenger front tire.

You need to park it on jackstands or a lift and follow the trail ;)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Put the car on a lift and go over it CAREFULLY...and, if you are using "green" coolant, get a 50 watt UV light ( Snap-On makes one...appropriate goggles help) and look around...bet you find the source.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to have similar problem, what it looks like is waterpump leaking. The bolts are wet, dripping... Most everything is wet, so difficult to say where it started...
New pump next week.

V

Venomiss

1996 GTS:

My antifreeze is leaking out onto my garage floor... It has for over a month now but the antifreeze looks fine in my tank. It doesn't seem to come close to running low.

I took it into the shop to get the oil changed and to look everything over and he didn't seem to think anything was wrong with any fluids. Any suggestions?

Have you found the source yet? Let us know what it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper