Anyone done cooled seats in their Viper?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, let's get this out of the way, I can't believe I'm asking this myself, what a pansie. Oh my hiney gets so sweaty, I know, I know, it's a Viper for Pete's sake. But .......

I got a 2011 MKX (love it!) as my lux-bucket, and it has cooled seats. Now when I bought it in January, I was like, cooled seats, how stupid, whatever.

Now that I've used them, wow, I can honestly say I'd give up my radio in every car to exchange for cooled seats like these in every car. Ahhh, no sweaty back, so refreshing. And in a vert I can only imagine how nice they would be on hot days.

So forgive me my ******** bretheren, but I am asking if anyone has tried installing this option from like an upholstry place or something. I'm going to ask around locally.

Thanks (and forgive me for my softness)

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heathen !!!! Heretic !!!!!

We shall shun thee !!!

(Honestly, AC seems adequate to me; but, some say that it is a dry heat around these parts.)

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was mandatory to have the exhaust run right under and up the back side of the seat in the Vipers. We are all ******** right?

And the AC is only allowed to blow on your face and not at your feet. You get better racing action when your feet are on fire and your backside is all sweaty. You go faster because you want to get out sooner. :lmao:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DMan, I have cooled/heated seats in my 03 Navigator and it works OK , albeit takes a minute or two to feel it after the car was sitting in some parking lots during those hot summer days.I doubt these systems would work as good in our Vipers.There isn't much room under the seat for the fan and filter and you'd need to replace the seat cover with perforated one to work.Too much involved IMO.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them in my Yukon Denali and they work GREAT! I don't think I'd want them in the Viper though.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're going to do this...then might as well go all out. Install one of these in place of the seat.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God, give me strength. I need strength. Lately I have wondered how long I will be able to endure the onslaught of posers and girlymen acquiring Vipers and turning them into ***** cars.

Attackdaddy24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now ask yourself... is it girly for a man to want the baddest muscle car ever made to be more friendly and comfortable? I don't know about you guys but I was hoping to install a fold down video screen and third row seating for the kids when we go on long trips. I was also looking into a sidecar for my CBR so somebody can drive me around( it is more relaxing this way) in the summer. I will side with Black Moon on this one... Ball washer.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to seatcomfortkit.com and look up "seat coolers" in the navigation pane. I doubt you'll have enough room under a Viper seat for the vent and fan controls, but anything is possible with enough time and money.

I have no idea if the products in the website above are any good or total crap.

Cheers,
George

F

FrgMstr

I pulled the stock exhaust out of mine yesterday and got rid of all that extra tubing and crossover behind the seats, and it did wonders as far as cooling down the cockpit, especially the back of the seats.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seat heaters and coolers in my Navigator. I like the seat heaters, but I HATE the coolers. I always feel like I am peeing my pants. Maybe I am.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LoL, thanks, I was hoping for some funny ribbing. But, I mean it's not like I'm asking about how to put a bunch of amps in to drown out the v10, or honking custom rims to bling my whip, or CF film to stick all over my interior to make it faux pretty or something. LoL

What I've done for 12 yrs is wear a dark golf shirt and then carry a regular shirt and change at the office when i get in, my back get completely wet in our 90 degree/90% humidity weather. Kind of same deal when I ride one of the bikes, I keep black biz casual pants and shoes in the office and just change when I get there. Personally I don't care if my back is wet, I don't see it, but it's a problem for work, etc. I got a seat insert, it's about 3/4 thick and compresses a little, my seat is an inch down so it seems to be fine, it has a small fan at the bottom and really blows air up the back nicely, so this may work. it's black and fits in the valley in between the bolsters so it barely is noticeable.

So I think I've improved it pretty cheaply. Which is great, so I can save money to get that custom paint job of a Dolphin on my hood.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be one of those guys who likes to dive his Viper. If you just keep it in the Garage on hot days the seats and you will be fine.

But if you're one of those rare individuals who loves the Viper enough to drive with the top down on hot days, then you will either need to deal with clammy balls or figure out how to ventilate the seats.

I just buy a Slurpee or Big Gulp and keep it between my legs as I drive. My balls still get clammy, but at least they are cool :)

~Jay

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be one of those guys who likes to dive his Viper. If you just keep it in the Garage on hot days the seats and you will be fine.

But if you're one of those rare individuals who loves the Viper enough to drive with the top down on hot days, then you will either need to deal with clammy balls or figure out how to ventilate the seats.

I just buy a Slurpee or Big Gulp and keep it between my legs as I drive. My balls still get clammy, but at least they are cool :)

~Jay

You must be registered for see images