Anyone done VEC2 to VEC3?

puma

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to install a VEC2 but i would really like to get the latest version which is VEC3. I was told from Roe that you could do the conversion and it would cost only 100$, anyone done it?

I heard you could use USB port on the VEC3, i suppose this can't be done if you upgrade the VEC2... What else would i miss if i i do the 100$ upgrade instead of completly buying a new VEC3?

anyone got any info on this?

thanks a lot, man i love this site.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to install a VEC2 but i would really like to get the latest version which is VEC3. I was told from Roe that you could do the conversion and it would cost only 100$, anyone done it?

I heard you could use USB port on the VEC3, i suppose this can't be done if you upgrade the VEC2... What else would i miss if i i do the 100$ upgrade instead of completly buying a new VEC3?

anyone got any info on this?

thanks a lot, man i love this site.

I did the conversion for 2 of them. Only serial ports for the upgraded VEC 2. The upgraded VEC 2 has the same features I think (I only have my old VEC 2 instructions), but there are tweaks you have to do in the sensor settings when you get it back. Also, the main box setting for the upgraded unit is different from the new VEC 3. You need to run the General Dataset ID108. I believe you will also need to do the 'alternate software install' which he will send you. The IAT adjustment function is really the only one I've been using. The HP/TQ features, while a relative thing for measuring tuning progress, appear to kind of all over the board for me. I do seem to be making progress with the IAT feature. It will pretty much eliminate the need for multiple temperature cards. If I get this dialed in right, it will have been money well spent IMO.

Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te