Anyone have a Gen IV hood around?

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Particularly one they want to part with? I'm having a few parts painted and think this would be the time to get the hood.

Let me know. I'm a cheap bastard so I'm not sure yet.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new OEM Gen 3 I'll sell cheap. Can ship in original box. FYI

I think Steve's hoods are nicer than Dodge's.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just changed mine to Gen4 OEM. Used ones are pretty hard to find. When I was looking, x2 builders had a nice one complete with vent grills for about 1800. Not sure they still have it. Grills alone are about 400 and silencer pad is about 200. So if you can get the whole package it helps. Cost me 900 to have it painted. So, it depends on what you mean when you say you're a "cheap bastard". lol I would do it again though....definately worth it.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree. This is definitely not an upgrade for the "cheap bastard" as the cost to outfit and paint an OE Gen. IV hood is around $3000 (that's what I had to pay)). Not too many used ones lying around.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree. This is definitely not an upgrade for the "cheap bastard" as the cost to outfit and paint an OE Gen. IV hood is around $3000 (that's what I had to pay)). Not too many used ones lying around.
I would of rattle can sprayed before i paid 3g to paint it LOL

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there a big premium to paint a GenIV hood with stripes versus solid? (Gen III stripes)

OP
OP

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. My cheap comment was with regard to finding a deal. I'll spend money, that's not the issue. Paint is done in house, no cost issue there.

Just looking to see if someone had a hood around used to sell.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog