Anyone have Bright Blue or Very Orange past 'BX' status?

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just trying to figure out how far along these colors are now ...

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All of our very orange and blue cars are in C status right now. I believe that is where all Dealer's codes should be for allocated cars at present.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

caj98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys - I will be touring CAAP tomorrow AM @ 10. I will let you know what colors I see. Stay tuned...

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Found out my car went to 'C' status a couple of weeks ago :D ... hadn't talked to the dealer in that long.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey CAJ, my SSG coupe with "H" spokes should be in the line somewhere. Currently in "G" status. Let me know if you see it. Thanks!

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm startin' to get that just before X-Mas feeling ...

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey CAJ, my SSG coupe with "H" spokes should be in the line somewhere. Currently in "G" status. Let me know if you see it. Thanks!

Brian,
I was told from a very high source that SSG was cancelled and all SSG orders will now be painted a lovely shade of hot pink with 20" spinners as H-spokes are on backorder!!:rolaugh:
Hang in there buddy it wont be too long now!!!!
MY SSG is coming in tommorrow at 9:30am:headbang::crazy2:Kevin

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told from a very high source that SSG was cancelled and all SSG orders will now be painted a lovely shade of hot pink with 20" spinners as H-spokes are on backorder!!:rolaugh: Hang in there buddy it wont be too long now!!!! MY SSG is coming in tommorrow at 9:30am:headbang::crazy2:Kevin

Oooooohhh...even better! You'll be jealous for sure. Some pretty teal stripes, and I'll be set! :2tu:

Looks like someone won't be sleeping tonight! How are you digging that snow tunnel anyway? :D

caj98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - the tour was absolutely incredible - I was like a kid in a candy store. First off, let me thank Janet and Ken for some great, first-class treatment. Also, thanks to the folks at the VCA HQ. They will get you set up for a tour if you give them a call and some advance notice. As you see everything that goes into our babies, you suddenly realize just how incredible of a car it is and how passionate the CAAP folks are.

So, what did I see - No more ssg being assymbled - several in final paint/quality check and several in the freight area waiting for the Reliable truck. Probably 15 - 20 ssg left at CAAP. Lots of Venom Red - saw several with stripes and probably the VR with black stripes was the coolest. Still several blue cars floating around. On the assymbly line it was nothing but black, venom red, and viper red. Viper reds were the fewest in number. They did just finish a complete viper red for Kurt Busch - he will be at the factory on Wednesday of this week to pick it up, it will be the 25,000 viper to roll off the line! It should be a huge media event so you will likely see some coverage. Bar far, the car that caught my eye the most (other than the SSGs with Black Stripes of course!!!) was a Black coupe with white stripes. It looked really incredible. Also saw several Blacks with red interior - not my taste but it did look cool.

Confirmed that 08 ordering is closed and it will be pushed into early 09. Total number of 08's that will be produced is approximately 1366 cars. With respect to the other 08 colors, no additional colored body panels are at CAAP yet (at least none in plain sight and none that anyone would fess up to) - I was really hoping to see the purple. They have built a couple of 09 pilot cars and I think one of them was painted in orange but it was not at the plant...at least not out in public view. Did see one new 09 "item/option" and out of respect to Ken and Janet I will not disclose, but I can say that they looked great and it will give everyone even a tougher decision when trying to spec out their vipers. Also, I found it really cool that most of the folks at the plant have been there for the entire Viper life - I got a chance to talk with two guys who actually were able to help walk me through a small repair that I need to do on my 98 GTS and even knew what the nut size was! These guys know every nut and bolt by heart.

Yes, I do have pictures but have not taken them off the camera yet. I will try to get to it tonight - would do it now but I have to head out the door to take my 4 and 6 year old girls to the Hannah Montana concert! I will check back later tonight and answer any questions that pop up.

OP
OP
Vipermann

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"but I can say that they looked great and it will give everyone even a tougher decision when trying to spec out their vipers"

... WHEELS ... ahh crap, I bet they replace the sidewinders (the oldest wheels currently offered) ... and I bet they are a cool light-weight performance option ... that's my guess

black08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, as someone already said, thanks for the update! I am assuming that you did not see any evidence of any ACRs being put together yet since you didn't mention them.

caj98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry guys - I have been non-stop since coming home from CAAP and have not downloaded pics yet. I am traveling today and will get home late tonight. Should have some time tomorrow AM. In order to speed up the posting process, who wants to post them for me? I am sure I could figure it out but I am going to be in a rush tomorrow and do not have the spare time to screw around with them!