anyone here had any problems with harland sharp rockers?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im looking for a set up rockers for my roe set up. Whats the best set do get?

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
best set=jesels.
they are probably overkill though for the hp output from a Roe. I would suggest saving several hundred and going with T&D's or mopar rockers. But again Jesels are the best you can buy.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think 1TONY1ran the arrow which are the same as the HS's....ask him. i know he ran them for a long time with no problem

R

RTED

Mike at Roe Racing recommend the Harland Sharp rockers indicating that unless I was planning on driving the autobaun at high speeds for long periods of time, the HS rockers where the best bang for the buck. He indicated they use them all the time. No problems after nearly 10k miles.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Jezels for 700hp plus and people that actually drive their rigs H-A-R-D.

Under 700hhp? Harland Sharps aren't just good, they are excellent. There are some good threads one can find on this topic including excellent remarks buy Greg Goodheads. Do H&S have limits? Yes. Are they excellent in the right application? Yes. I use them and they are just great. Sean wouldnt sell them, Tator wouldnt recommend them if they had any flaw in their right application.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set of Harland Sharps brand new and they were full of metal shavings. :confused:

Other than that, no problems.

Last edited:
D

DAMN YANKEE

Metal Shavings? You bought a brand new set and they had metal shavings in the original package? These come beautifully packaged, it would pretty hard to package them with shaving all over them without it being very purposeful. They are also retty simple items, when you say "full of", what do you mean? Where did you buy these rockers?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drag,circle,road,racers use JESEL.Engine is expensive.Jesel is cheap peace of mind.Roe has them and the pushrods you will need. GTS Bruce

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Metal Shavings? You bought a brand new set and they had metal shavings in the original package? These come beautifully packaged, it would pretty hard to package them with shaving all over them without it being very purposeful. They are also retty simple items, when you say "full of", what do you mean? Where did you buy these rockers?

That's correct. New in the sealed packaging and they had metal shavings in them. Guess I should have taken pics for the non-believers. I had to clean all of them before installation. And no, it didn't go boom. Like I said, they installed fine and I have had no problems with them. The car has gone 10.80's and 171mph on the road course. However, if I had to do it over, I'd get Jezels.

D

DAMN YANKEE

Viperless, you are a good man. If I had bought new H&S and they came with anything like that I would have been on the phone with them in about 3 seconds. By the end, they would have given me a set of rollers for free. You're a good man. Astonished.....never heard of anything like it before.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperless, you are a good man. If I had bought new H&S and they came with anything like that I would have been on the phone with them in about 3 seconds. By the end, they would have given me a set of rollers for free. You're a good man. Astonished.....never heard of anything like it before.

In hindsight, that's probably what I should have done.

PKH2552

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure if this is appropriate, but I've just listed a set of T&D's in the classifieds.....

PKH2552

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sorry, my bad. Just been informed that the set I have are Harland Sharp with T&D rods, not T&D complete.