Anyone Lowered On Wheels Yet?

Evoking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm in the throws of shopping a Gen V to replace my 11' XKR. I hate fender gap and will probably lower it some. Was wondering if anyone has lowered and/or bought wheels yet?

Is the suspension adjustable at all or do we need to buy springs?

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see you giving the Viper a look. I know you were always looking to make your XKR more special and exciting... and the Gen V is definitely going to do that for me compared to my XKR. It does have major fender gap compared to some others, but that's actually consistent with its 60's inspired GT styling, which I like about both it and the XKR. The fender gap is also the one thing I could see changing on the Viper if I were to do anything, but likely wouldn't if it affected track performance...or my ability to get in and out of it comfortably. I've ordered one but still not sat in one. Ride height isn't adjustable AFAIK, but Mopar is testing shorter springs (on Ralph Gilles GTS if you find pics of it), and there's fully adjustable coilovers available for all models now (see recent MCS thread). There's about a 1/2" of settling with the stock springs apparently, so that will help, and Nine Ball has changed his wheels to a full 19" set all around, and the larger front wheel and tire really do reduce the gap.

But I find it hard to argue that the car doesn't sit and look pretty great straight from the factory...

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
E

Evoking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good looking car... but 4-wheeling. It will be incredibly good after lowering. Like my XK. Great design by Ian. But those fenders and the taught muscular nature of the car is brought home and becomes gobsmackingly gorgeous after a drop!

Viper will simply be nasty. I never got around to lowering my GTS. But this one I definitely will.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a shot of another, and it looks like it has the Mopar or other shorter springs on it. I definitely like the lowered look, but may be more difficult on the TA, or other models with the front aero spoilers fitted where ground clearance might be an issue.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, two local customers of mine have lowered their cars and bought Forgeline wheels from me. One is a GTS on Eibach lowering springs, the other is an SRT on MCS coil-overs.

Tony

habeb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, two local customers of mine have lowered their cars and bought Forgeline wheels from me. One is a GTS on Eibach lowering springs, the other is an SRT on MCS coil-overs.

Tony

Would you mind sharing the Eibach part number and spring rate from the LE?

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that is nice! C7 LOL....I hope that's DINGDONG with the TT set up or he's looking to get rolled.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great license plate LOL....I see many unwanted "modded" C7 races in his future haha.

OP
OP
E

Evoking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice plate yes, but slightly bottom feeding for hand-build Viper no? I mean, yes the C7 is no slouch by any means. And with the deep pockets of GM they have an incredible racing pedigree - heck I've owned a C5 Z06.

But for sheer kicks on a plate I would not make like my "exotic" Viper's arch rival is a Vette. That is what he should put on HIS plate (Viper LOL). But Viper owners should put Lambo LOL, Ferrari LOL, Porsche LOL etc.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing the Eibach part number and spring rate from the LE?

Gen 3-4 Viper springs are a direct fit on the factory GTS shocks.

Owner of the C7 LOL car also has a twin-turbo Underground Racing Gallardo, which currently holds the record for standing 1/2-mile at over 200 mph. The Viper is just his fun commuter car. ha

Reaction score
WOW those wheels fill out the car so well and the height is insane!
Awesome job on both.

Tony

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great license plate LOL....I see many unwanted "modded" C7 races in his future haha.

Yep, probably OK until the Z'***** the street - or he plans to boost the Gen V to stay ahead of the C7 Z's. Me hopes its the latter!

pdv25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 3-4 Viper springs are a direct fit on the factory GTS shocks.

Owner of the C7 LOL car also has a twin-turbo Underground Racing Gallardo, which currently holds the record for standing 1/2-mile at over 200 mph. The Viper is just his fun commuter car. ha

Are there any lowering springs that would fit an SRT?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be nice to have a mopar shorter spring for the two mode shock

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any lowering springs that would fit an SRT?

The same Eibach gen 3/4 springs should work on the SRT also. The Gen 5 can even accept any aftermarket coil-overs that fit the Gen 3/4.

What diameter are the wheels on the black SRT?

Both cars shown have Forgeline GA3-6 wheels, 19x11.0 w/ 295/30-19 front, 19x12.5 345/30-19 rear. Black car is on Michelin PS2 tires, Blue car is on Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

habeb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both cars shown have Forgeline GA3-6 wheels, 19x11.0 w/ 295/30-19 front, 19x12.5 345/30-19 rear. Black car is on Michelin PS2 tires, Blue car is on Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

The LE's ride height and offset looks awesome. Speaking of, what are the offset?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The LE's ride height and offset looks awesome. Speaking of, what are the offset?

Offsets are proprietary, since I actually purchased a Gen 5 Viper and took my own measurements. Customers receive this info when wheels are purchased.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GA3 is a awesome wheel. I just received mine, but they're for my 010 ACR. 19 rear and 18 front. I had the front wheel special made to clear 380mm 6 piston brakes that I'm installing on the ACR. These have the titanium fasteners. I will go Forgeline again for my Gen V fore sure..

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony

Any still images or other images of this one? Would love to see that.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was up close to a new GTS and noticed how bad the front wheels need pushed out (more offset) to the outer edge of the fender at least.
I had my forgelines on my gen 3 made with more offset and they look and fit perfect