Anyone recognize this hood and widebody?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found this pic online and would love to see more pics of this car or any info on it. Seems like a widebody and a custom hood that ive never seen before on any other viper.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG never mind the wide body. Just found this horrible pic. ***. The hood look kinda cool though.....

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front fenders, rockers and hood are all carbon fiber and I believe the rear quarter panels as well. I can't remeber off top of my head which website its listed on. I think it weighs in at little over 3000lbs. Was researching for weight reduction and happen to land on that website. Will post up more info when I get home.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is one huge friggin splitter. Just needs a set of hooks and it could pass for a fishing lure.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one huge friggin splitter. Just needs a set of hooks and it could pass for a fishing lure.
I was going to say surfboard. lol

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need to slam it, it is different and it seems someone spent a lot of time building it. From aerodynamics, the optimum width of the front splitter is about 4.5 inches to provide maximum lift reduction (commonly and mistakenly called downforce). The splitter looks very solid and no doubt very functional, as are the fender and quarter panel flares, reducing tire induced drag and lift. May not be a bad idea what takes place before slamming someone from aesthetical aspect, something that is completely subjective. I would love to see the rear of the car to see how the front lift reduction is matched to maintain neutral handling at higher speeds.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car was purpose built for the track, but was street legal. Would routinely spank all the local Gen IV ACRs that it ran against with a stock Gen III motor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHeEuv2QpdA
This is a very impressive car, looks like someone did their homework. Form should always follow the function and this is exactly what this is. If you know the person who built it, give them my regards, I am very impressed.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I do know the builder, who is also the driver. He has significant time racing cars, especially Vipers and does know what he's doing when it comes to aero and suspension. I do believe the splitter and wing are from a French LeMans LMP1 prototype car. Rebellion Racing IIRC.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I do know the builder, who is also the driver. He has significant time racing cars, especially Vipers and does know what he's doing when it comes to aero and suspension. I do believe the splitter and wing are from a French LeMans LMP1 prototype car. Rebellion Racing IIRC.
I am very impressed, I just saw the rear of the car, the diffuser looks like a track vette transplant but nevertheless very functional. Very cool seeing someone putting aerodynamics to constructive use, LOL. I find people like this guy very inspirational, knocking out my own stuff in the garage. No worries, there are people around who can dig this stuff a bit.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhh, I remember seeing the CF version of the that car last year. I didn't recognize it in the paint. I love that car!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny about the comments about styling of a car built with racing in mind. Yes, I have seen this guy drive VERY VERY fast on the track. Most cars on the street are customized to try to look like a race car, rather than the other way around. Only a tiny percentage of street cars have any need for a wing or a front or rear splitter or air dams, yet the guys who want them, want their cars to look like race cars; but not really REAL race cars !!!

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some more pics that I found..

You must be registered for see images attach

bigmack339

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't look any worse than the other wide body Viper kits. This one actually has a function; destroy the competition.

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The overall idea looks good, the execution.... could use a little tweaking here and there.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found this on Flickr. Looks a little better with the crosshairs.

--RS

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny about the comments about styling of a car built with racing in mind. Yes, I have seen this guy drive VERY VERY fast on the track. Most cars on the street are customized to try to look like a race car, rather than the other way around. Only a tiny percentage of street cars have any need for a wing or a front or rear splitter or air dams, yet the guys who want them, want their cars to look like race cars; but not really REAL race cars !!!
Exactly. Must come as a shock to owners of garage queens to find out what it takes to make the viper really effective as a racer.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on looks that car is a disaster. Based on functionality, its where it needs to be.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Armchair warriors complaining about a race car looking ugly is pretty funny.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang