Anyone try skip shift bypass on 08 ??

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to buy the bypass for my 08 has anyone had any problem ?? I dont want any check engine lights.. Where is the best place to buy ?? :drive:

caseyse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm installing the bypass this weekend. It's the same plug set that is used on the Vette (for the T56), so you can buy anywhere.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just save yourself the trouble and leave the car in first until the skip shift light goes out?

Westxsrt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm installing the bypass this weekend. It's the same plug set that is used on the Vette (for the T56), so you can buy anywhere.

How did the install go?
I ordered the "skip shift" adapter for my 08, it should arrive in a few days. I'm hoping it comes with installation instructions!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That might not always be practical in traffic and parking lots.

I've never had a problem with leaving the car in first a little longer until the RPMs are high enough to turn off the skip shift. You don't have to be really revving the motor or nailing the go-pedal to get the skip shift off.

Note that I mean this as a serious comment, not a flame or sarcastic comment. I'm just thinking you could save a little money and trouble by just leaving it in first a bit longer.