Are the gen2's too affordable now ?

SFJ83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...when I see a nice, clean well cared for older Camaro for example, I can really appreciate the time, effort and money required to keep it pristine.

An extreme example; I immediately thought of the same one!

My personal favorite indication of a cars fall from grace - the "starter-tool-set-cinder-block-jackstand-in-driveway tear down/ rebuild.

I dont know if Im exactly on par with the initial idea, but I remember going to look at a TT C5Z that had suffered this exact fate - to include completely bald rear tires, DD status(read: neglected), and headlights that didnt work. Ouch.

I think the lack of practicality protects the Viper to a degree - at least we have that going for us.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum, The wing and wheels look awesome! Your sure to get a bunch of crap for it like I did but don't let it get to you. Keep it on.

LOL your ability to detect sarcasm is really sad...along with other abilities I suspect.

Would you all consider this beautiful 2008 Stock ACR RICED OUT also?

:lmao: Kid, you need help. This is the THIRD THREAD that you have come into and made a remark about a wing. This ACR's wing/canards/splitter are FULLY FUNCTIONAL. Trying to say this car is "riced out" and is like your POS is an insult. Your car and it's dual stage wing and tacky awful rims are in no way the same as the ACR. Your car is not functional. That rear wing and spliter on the ACR retails for more than half of what your car is worth. Stop trying to compare your car to others that are way out of it's league.

FFS YOU SPRAY PAINTED THE BOLTS IN YOUR ENGINE BAY :lmao::lmao::lmao:

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dittos. You laugh, but you know you're being serious. I'm not afraid of using my Viper to get some. Fast cars = Fast girls. Won't take them home to mother but I'll still take them home. BTW, if they are the right size you CAN fit 2 in the passenger seat. :D

Hey Plum...what's wrong with buying a Vipe to impress others? I need all the help I can get to get laid. :lmao:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS: this is NOT an age thing at all. its a bad taste/stupidity thing

I agree but the way I see it we have one, maybe two things going for us. Every day, I'm thankful that the Viper hasn't been mass-produced to the levels of Honda Civics and Corvettes. I'd say that on a daily basis, I'm reminded of this fact when I see a 70 year-old-something driving a Corvette. Sometimes, it seems that AARP gives them out to their membership because there's a lot of them around. And I hope when I get to that age, I can still drive my Viper so no offense to the older, wiser Corvette crowd...but it's just such an apparent, abundant cliche.

On the flip-side, I've seen many, many more slammed, Honda Civics, with the 12" wheels, blacked out windows, fart-back exhaust sputtering around as if to say "Hey, look at me, I'm as stupid as it gets and this Civic is the skidmark on the underwear that is my personality! I look bangin' y'all! And yes, the sound you hear from my Civic is diarrhea!" And In case you can't hear my god-awful exhaust...you can see me via my bright purple ****** lights under my car." I've become oblivious to these...just too many around that seem to have blended into the landscape. Now, don't get me wrong...I do respect those Civic owners that can get ridiculous HP out of their mower engines but mods...just don't do it for me. Case in point: The Turbo Whistler folks. Remember these? Nothing like that Civic Whistling around your neighborhood at 2am, eh?

The Viper...well, fact is fact. There aren't many. We pale in comparison, production numbers, to many auto manufacturers. So when we do see a Viper...our adrenaline kicks in, we get excited, we gawk, goosebumps, heck...I get a ***** every time I fire up my Viper. I think my neighbors get one too but they won't admit it ;).

Fact is: Vipers are special, they always will be. Sure, we're going to have some that want to do stupid things to their Vipers, for stupid reasons but the number of these 'instances' will be far and few in between. Until I get to the point of talking about Viper owners the way I do about certain Civic owners, I think we're just fine for the foreseeable future. :2tu:

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but the way I see it we have one, maybe two things going for us. Every day, I'm thankful that the Viper hasn't been mass-produced to the levels of Honda Civics and Corvettes. I'd say that on a daily basis, I'm reminded of this fact when I see a 70 year-old-something driving a Corvette. Sometimes, it seems that AARP gives them out to their membership because there's a lot of them around. And I hope when I get to that age, I can still drive my Viper so no offense to the older, wiser Corvette crowd...but it's just such an apparent, abundant cliche.

On the flip-side, I've seen many, many more slammed, Honda Civics, with the 12" wheels, blacked out windows, fart-back exhaust sputtering around as if to say "Hey, look at me, I'm as stupid as it gets and this Civic is the skidmark on the underwear that is my personality! I look bangin' y'all! And yes, the sound you hear from my Civic is diarrhea!" And In case you can't hear my god-awful exhaust...you can see me via my bright purple ****** lights under my car." I've become oblivious to these...just too many around that seem to have blended into the landscape. Now, don't get me wrong...I do respect those Civic owners that can get ridiculous HP out of their mower engines but mods...just don't do it for me. Case in point: The Turbo Whistler folks. Remember these? Nothing like that Civic Whistling around your neighborhood at 2am, eh?

The Viper...well, fact is fact. There aren't many. We pale in comparison, production numbers, to many auto manufacturers. So when we do see a Viper...our adrenaline kicks in, we get excited, we gawk, goosebumps, heck...I get a ***** every time I fire up my Viper. I think my neighbors get one too but they won't admit it ;).

Fact is: Vipers are special, they always will be. Sure, we're going to have some that want to do stupid things to their Vipers, for stupid reasons but the number of these 'instances' will be far and few in between. Until I get to the point of talking about Viper owners the way I do about certain Civic owners, I think we're just fine for the foreseeable future. :2tu:

Well put, and I agree 100%.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i disagree.

it seems the percentage of viper owners with horrible taste is rising cause of the cost of these cars now. you're right, the amount of vipers is obviously small compared to the vettes, civics, mustangs etc but the amount of ridiculous looking vipers is GROWING.

the only reason some of these viper owners dont have that turbo whistler is cause the company never bothered to make one for it. not enough vipers built like you said. if they did manufacture one, there would be a growing number of whistling vipers on the road. after looking at that link you posted for it, im amazed its not on a few of them. they probably are but the viper owners installing them forgot to start a thread called " WOW, now my car sounds as good as it looks"

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dittos. You laugh, but you know you're being serious. I'm not afraid of using my Viper to get some. Fast cars = Fast girls. Won't take them home to mother but I'll still take them home. BTW, if they are the right size you CAN fit 2 in the passenger seat. :D

Actually, I WAS joking, since I'm already a damn dapper dude and am married. *cough*

But my Vipe would probably help sway some girls my way if that wasn't the case, based upon the female primal screams I hear when I cruise through Arizona State University. :drive:

AHudson777

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i disagree.

it seems the percentage of viper owners with horrible taste is rising cause of the cost of these cars now. you're right, the amount of vipers is obviously small compared to the vettes, civics, mustangs etc but the amount of ridiculous looking vipers is GROWING.

the only reason some of these viper owners dont have that turbo whistler is cause the company never bothered to make one for it. not enough vipers built like you said. if they did manufacture one, there would be a growing number of whistling vipers on the road. after looking at that link you posted for it, im amazed its not on a few of them. they probably are but the viper owners installing them forgot to start a thread called " WOW, now my car sounds as good as it looks"

Oh, there's some good stuff in this thread. This post certainly included.

In total, I guess money doesn't buy taste, never has. Elvis' closet as a clue.

I see big dollar, very expensive Lambos, Ferraris, Bentleys 'gaudied' up, blinged out, and sickening to the core. Income won't **** 'em out.

Though I'd concede that low-dollar and low-taste probably do relate, it's hard to say whether Vipers got cheap because 'cheap tastes' made them less desirable or the other way around.

Probably no answer to that. However...

I'll admit right here in public, that as accomplished a performance car as the Corvette is, the 'stigma' that comes with Corvette ownership keeps me away.

Sure, I cringe when I see some of the crap people do to cheapen 'our' Vipers (using my definition, since I have SUPERIOR taste!) but the enjoyment of the car prevails.

In time, the bad taste coalition will find a different car to heap their misguidance upon. I'm looking forward to it, long as I don't own one of those too.

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, I WAS joking, since I'm already a damn dapper dude and am married. *cough*

But my Vipe would probably help sway some girls my way if that wasn't the case, based upon the female primal screams I hear when I cruise through Arizona State University. :drive:

How could you be Joking? What excuse do you have to be cruising through ASU unless to be stroking your ego with the primal screams of young girls! Thats got to be addicting! But being a dapper dude and married that is what you USED to do..

ohno

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I do this from time to time on mill ave now considering I'm not old enough to know any better yet. But on a serious note as said before its not a age thing (22 years old here with a gen 2) and my car is completely stock with the exception of exhaust and tint. That not because I can't afford mods either; I just prefer the stock look over the modified look.

Last edited:

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** is wrong with a turbo whistler??? :headbang:

Anyone that buys a car to impress is a f-ing tool. Most chicks could care less and most people generally tend to think less of 'that guy with the exotic car'. Everyone thinks they're trying to compensate for something...

Of all the people that know me, with only a few exceptions, only a few know of, or have seen, most of my toys. I buy them to enjoy them, not be seen in them or use them hoping to impress others. In fact, I hardly ever take a nice car 'out'. If people dont like me for my TDI, tough ****. ;)

BTW, dont burn you car Phil, if you going to go to that extreme you might as well take it to the track for a lap or two you'll never forget! :drive:

rocco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of you guys need a drink. who cres life is to short enjoy it.

bigmack339

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this car thing is stupid. Get a life. Owners that rice out Vipers were nerds thru life.

johncbourg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that most will get weeded out once the repair bills roll in. The GTS like other exotics are all fun and games until u have to fix something. The fact that parts are becoming harder to get for Gen 2s should make people look at vettes or Gen 3s more. i can see an explosion of people u describe owning 03 Gen 3s

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brilliant!:2tu: