Austin, VOI 9....come in side

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years and years ago, I asked Austin for some help coming up with some wheel combos for one of the first SRT's and then coupes. He has been a ton of help for most of us doing these things, so I figured he would enjoy this one. Hope all is well.:2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear, Lord, thats beautiful. Tucker, thanks for posting these. I also appreciate you letting me put my two cents worth in over the past couple of years. :D I enjoyed helping.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Austin. Great minds....:rolaugh: I finally got that white coupe;)

Wheels are 20's and 19's. I wanted something different, so Vincent at iFroged made these. This is the first set from iForged, and I think they are going to be called the DTM 16. Vincent has always been great to me, so I continue to run his wheels.

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tucker, what do you do to keep them from rubbing the splashguards? Mine is just about a half-inch higher than yours and rubs anytime I get aggressive or hit dips in the roads. I've got my Motons on the stiffest setting possible, but I will end up having to raise about an inch :(.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tucker, what do you do to keep them from rubbing the splashguards? Mine is just about a half-inch higher than yours and rubs anytime I get aggressive or hit dips in the roads. I've got my Motons on the stiffest setting possible, but I will end up having to raise about an inch :(.

You have those damn rim protecting Michelin's, my most hated tire to date. You can not hammer a car with those frigging tires. They work well on a GT though.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do look really amazing. You have a one of a kind set of wheels on a one of a kind viper. Good pick.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're good lookin' wheels. I like the color you went with on the centers. I think the 19/20 combo looks better than the 20/20 combo you had on your red coupe.

Thanks Austin. Great minds....:rolaugh: I finally got that white coupe;)

Wheels are 20's and 19's. I wanted something different, so Vincent at iFroged made these. This is the first set from iForged, and I think they are going to be called the DTM 16. Vincent has always been great to me, so I continue to run his wheels.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those rims look really good on that car

Thanks. I think I had the first set of Monacos and Astras, so I wanted to do something different. I had run the Sprints on my white mamba, and the Daytona's on my BB. I like some other wheels better probably, but I was just tired of seeing the same thing done over and over. Vincent said he had something that hadn't been done before, so I said why not. Picking the center color wasn't an easy choice. I used Rocman's GT as the basis for the color, and I couldn't be happier.

Austin, I do like the 19 in the front. I ran a bigger tire up front to compensate for the smaller rim, and it rides and tracks better. No rubbing issues at all, and it is set pretty low. I would go lower, but I couldn't make it up the driveway if I did.

Here is the red coupe for comparison purposes. This is a 20 in the front.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You have those damn rim protecting Michelin's, my most hated tire to date. You can not hammer a car with those frigging tires. They work well on a GT though.

What size and type of tire is on your coupe? If there were a way of getting a different tire to keep from raising the suspension, I would do it. My tires actually rub the inner quarter at the top and when fully compressed, it will hit the splash shield. I have actually rubbed a hole in the apex of the shield.

By the way, your car looks great. One of the best color combinations out there. Those wheels definitely compliment the car.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size and type of tire is on your coupe? If there were a way of getting a different tire to keep from raising the suspension, I would do it. My tires actually rub the inner quarter at the top and when fully compressed, it will hit the splash shield. I have actually rubbed a hole in the apex of the shield.

By the way, your car looks great. One of the best color combinations out there. Those wheels definitely compliment the car.

I am running Invos. They are a rounder tire. I am running 345s in the rear and 285/30's in front. You are running the same wheels I had on my red car, and with the Pirellis, they would barely touch when I had the car completely on the ground, and the Toyo's tuck better than the Pirelli's. You could switch tires and go quite a bit lower.

Thanks a ton for the compliments on the car.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tucker, what suspension are you using? I like the height you chose.

I am running KW's. I have always had Motons in the past, but Steve aka Vipair dba Backatyamofo made me a great deal on these. So far so good.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size and type of tire is on your coupe? If there were a way of getting a different tire to keep from raising the suspension, I would do it.

REMOVE THE SPLASH GUARDS. They serve no purpose other than to tear off when you hit something. Take those off and get some Invos and drop it more. I also noticed my Motons got softer over time. You may need a refill on the reservoir. At its stiffest setting, you should have zero issues.

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
REMOVE THE SPLASH GUARDS. They serve no purpose other than to tear off when you hit something. Take those off and get some Invos and drop it more. I also noticed my Motons got softer over time. You may need a refill on the reservoir. At its stiffest setting, you should have zero issues.

The splash guards I am referring to are the inner 2- part fender well/liners. I took the little splash guard things off within the first week of getting Motons. I filled the reservoirs last year so that might be an issue. I like the stance I am currently at and would hate to raise the height to overcome rubbing issues but if the Invo tires (Nitto?) will do the trick, I can see me burning through these in a couple of months.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks really good. The centers remind me of Bat's VOI9 with the gray Astras he had. Combo works great on that color car.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Tucker,

Don't be telling people that I actually shipped something and that you actually liked it!:lmao:

I know. I don't want to tarnish your image with good feedback. The helper springs were wrong if that helps you out any??? Outside of that though, I am happy, so you are out of luck.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not some of the major spring manufacturers i.e. Eibach and Hyperco use the term helper and tender inversely. One has no spring rate and is purely to keep your suspension in place and the other has a spring rate, both these bi guys in the industry call them the opposite:dunno:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The splash guards I am referring to are the inner 2- part fender well/liners. I took the little splash guard things off within the first week of getting Motons. I filled the reservoirs last year so that might be an issue. I like the stance I am currently at and would hate to raise the height to overcome rubbing issues but if the Invo tires (Nitto?) will do the trick, I can see me burning through these in a couple of months.

If you run the car at a lower ride hight , it will wear holes in the fender liners no matter what setting you put your coil overs to or what tire you run. I have tried higher pressure in the motons and running them at the hardest setting, pzeros to the ps2 and back to pzeros, it still bottoms out when I drive hard.

(ps2's hook way better than the pzeros/pzeros look better with the car dumped)

also that ssg car of yours is bad ass!!!

Last edited:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years and years ago, I asked Austin for some help coming up with some wheel combos for one of the first SRT's and then coupes. He has been a ton of help for most of us doing these things, so I figured he would enjoy this one. Hope all is well.:2tu:

Tucker the car looks great with those wheels, VOI9 coupes are one of my favorites and you're right Austin's photoshop jobs are awesome.

OP
OP
T

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tucker the car looks great with those wheels, VOI9 coupes are one of my favorites and you're right Austin's photoshop jobs are awesome.

Thanks man. How is your car these days? Does your buddy up there still have the Copperhead on Monacos?

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you run the car at a lower ride hight , it will wear holes in the fender liners no matter what setting you put your coil overs to or what tire you run. I have tried higher pressure in the motons and running them at the hardest setting, pzeros to the ps2 and back to pzeros, it still bottoms out when I drive hard.

(ps2's hook way better than the pzeros/pzeros look better with the car dumped)

also that ssg car of yours is bad ass!!!
Thanks, ILLSMOQ, for the compliment. I love the SSG/black combo and glad I went this route instead of the traditional stripes.

Not only is my tire rubbing the inner liners, it is also hitting the edge of the inside of the fender when I get aggressive with it. I think that is due to the 20 x 13 I am running in the rear. I guess it would have been better to go with a 12.5"? Would it be possible for the wheel manufacturer (iForged) to "lathe off" .5 of an inch for better tire fitment? I figure that even a half of an inch would give me enough outside clearance to keep from rubbing the outside of the tire.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang