Autoblog states that the Viper is better than C7 Corvette ... No Kidding !!

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autoblog did their first review of the C7 Corvette only to write in the review that .....

"Overall, I was really impressed by the all-new C7 – it is the best Corvette I have ever driven.
But the elephant in the room remains obvious comparisons to the SRT Viper and Porsche 911. Lacking the three cars to drive back-to-back but having driven all three separately, my take is that the Viper remains the most engaging, exciting and visceral of the three. Despite SRT's attempt to tame it, it is an exotic that has a raw edge purposely engineered to increase heart rates when its V10 roars to life."

No kidding !! this is why I read AutoBlog and not the Wall Street Journal for auto reviews.

Here is the link

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/16/2014-chevrolet-c7-corvette-stingray-review-first-drive-video/

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's interesting... ( I am replying to my own post since you deadheads read nothing other than what is on this Forum)

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool reading !! ( I am again replying to my own post since you Viperheads read nothing other than what is on this Forum)

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Having not driven the new C7 yet I can't say but owning a ZR1, ZO6 and a 427 Vert I am a Corvette guy.
I love my Vipers more than any of the Vetts! There is just something about the way you put a Viper on you don't just sit in it.
The Corvettes are more refined the power seats rember your position and each key fob knows what radio station it owner likes but it the Vipers life for me:)

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rest of you "posters" have no sense of humor,

wondering if Peerblockhead or ColoDIAPER saw the article....they should like it since it reaffirms their same conclusions regarding both cars. ( Corvette C7 and gen5 Viper)

This thread is for you ColoDIAPER and PeerBlockhead.

Last edited:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think that this comes as a surprise to anyone here. The vettes are really fantastic cars. Vipers are more of a visceral thrill and not everyone really wants or understands that, but most of us do and that is why we drive vipers and are here.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish the magazines would quit saying how great our Vipers are. If they keep this up, we'll continue to see an influx of magazine racers buying the car because the magazines like them. We have a couple guys like that here, already.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still haven't seen a new C7 in person. And still haven't driven a Gen5 although that could change as I will be paying a visit to Ringold Dodge as my rear diff is leaking!!!!!!
So what happened to everyone's favorite Peerboy? Or Perrbust or what ever he called himself.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeeaahhh...if they could just go ahead and..... stop comparing a hand made limited exotic supercar to a assembly line robot contructed mass produced GM.....that's be greeaatt.(office space guy not pictured)

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would hope so for 50 more grand, it better be
Autoblog did their first review of the C7 Corvette only to write in the review that .....

"Overall, I was really impressed by the all-new C7 – it is the best Corvette I have ever driven.
But the elephant in the room remains obvious comparisons to the SRT Viper and Porsche 911. Lacking the three cars to drive back-to-back but having driven all three separately, my take is that the Viper remains the most engaging, exciting and visceral of the three. Despite SRT's attempt to tame it, it is an exotic that has a raw edge purposely engineered to increase heart rates when its V10 roars to life."

No kidding !! this is why I read AutoBlog and not the Wall Street Journal for auto reviews.

Here is the link

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/16/2014-chevrolet-c7-corvette-stingray-review-first-drive-video/

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 2013 SRT Viper (not GTS) with track pack and a few other goodies is about $108K. The only comparison in the Vette world is a ZR-1. The outgoing ZR-1 is about $110K-115K. No idea what the new one will be but it won't be cheaper.

Compare apples to apples ...

$50K? ***.

OP
OP
K

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish the magazines would quit saying how great our Vipers are. If they keep this up, we'll continue to see an influx of magazine racers buying the car because the magazines like them. We have a couple guys like that here, already.

I disagree with you Mr. TwoBalls, I believe that the more Vipers sold = success for the brand and money to reinvest into a future gen6. Who cares if people buy them and then even torch them.... as long as there is demand.