Autoform Rollbar Guys .. lil help

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a vert with an autoform rollbar can you do me a favor & take a measurement for me?

I'd like to know what the height of the bar is from a point on the car, like from straight down to the car to the outside top edge, I want to see how I'll do with one and a broomstick test. I'm hoping it's a bit higher than the faux plastic factory roll hoops. Thnx!

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bump! I'd love to know this too. I want to know if it's higher than the stock hoops before I decide whether to buy one or have one made.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it's a bit higher than the stock hoops. I'm 5'7'' and can sit in the stock seat w/o a lowering kit and pass the "broomstick" test. I'd say if you're 5'9'' to 5'10", the 1.0" seat lowering kit would be a good idea. Over 5'10", the 2.0" lowering kit. I have a 2 inch lowering kit in the box never been used if you need one.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, that's what I needed. I'm doing the auto form for sure with jonb, just need to know if I'll need a 1" or 2" lowering kit for the seat.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with Will at RSI. He had an Autoform roll bar for $1,250, slightly used I think. It was either him or Dan at DC. Either way a great deal for someone if it's still awailable.

I just saw that you already had a deal in the works, sorry Jon B.

For anyone else needing a rollbar check with Will and Dan. It's been a couple of months but there was one floating around.

Sorry about the typo. It's been a long day and the price that I heard was 1250. Sorry again. Need sleep.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'3" evenly proportioned. I did a 1" seat lowering kit on my GenIII and was comfortable enough for several hrs of drive time. But I never checked my clearance & not with a helmet, I only did a couple of dragway track rentals with that car and at those they never cared about it. I'm looking to do a few track days at Summit Point though with this one.

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd say at 6'3" you 100% want the 2.0" kit. I have one in an unopened box. Let me know if you're interested.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, let me do some measuring on the car - it's coming today. I did a 2" in my GenIII and had to take it out & put in a 1" as the 2" put me too far forward for my legs and not being adjustable it wasn't bearable for more than short drives, even with playing with spacers etc. I really hope I can clear with the 1" - if not I'll bite the bullet maybe, or have myself shortened...anything for the viper. LoL

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a hint when you are at a road course. Don't put the top down and you will avoid a lot or potential problems.

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As a hint when you are at a road course. Don't put the top down and you will avoid a lot or potential problems.

I have never been at a road course that gave me that option. They always make me run with the top down unless it's raining pretty hard. It's good advice if the track will let you do it though.

Alteredego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it SOP at tracks to run verts top down? I'd think that the turbulance with the top down would upset the car so much that it just wouldnt be fun.
I know when I run the twisted sisters I have to put the top up or the car is really unsettled.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea that definitely makes sense, but I've been to the track for bike days & watched cars on my rest breaks and it seems - like Barrels says - all the verts have their tops down. I don't know if it's choice or they must, but it became a thing I was watching for, and I never saw a vert with a top up. I may call and ask about that, it may even be track specific.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the AP Engineering hardtop and it seem to obviate the broomstick test as well

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the AP Engineering hardtop and it seem to obviate the broomstick test as well

Yea, I would do a hardtop for the track, but I was hoping to hit 2 birds with 1 device, more safety on the street and the track, otherwise, I'd do a top and be done with it for sure, don't want to spend the Ka-ching on both for sure, for sure, for sure. lol

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a brand new Auto Form roll bar and sitting in the garage if you need any other measurements LMK
Almost forgot , Its for sale too! $1250

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a brand new Auto Form roll bar and sitting in the garage if you need any other measurements LMK

My friend wants it but you won't ship. Let me know if you change your mind

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I PM'd him after I saw his post also. I guess depending on his location, if we won't ship, that may knock me out too.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have the new bulkhead that comes with it? If not the bulkhead is another expense. An Autoform doesn't fit the stock bulkhead as far as i can tell.

Proshop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Deposit received.... Sorry and thanks guys.

.....now back to the OP discussion.

Last edited:

justingeer82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want a rollbar made out of stainless steel. i wonder if autoform could do that.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 5'10" and had the autoform bar in my 03 vert; I did not have a lowered seat. I could pass the broomstick test but only by moving the seat forward and leaning it back. Even then I barely passed. I didn't want to install the lowering kit because otherwise the height of the seat was fine for me. Some tracks, particularly VIR, are pretty strict about the design of the bar. I remember that VIR, where I'm a member, did not like the fact that the autoform bar was dual hoops instead of one single hoop. They thought, I think, that this made the bar more likely to dig into the dirt in a rollover. I do believe that one Viper owner did eventually get them to approve his bar though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte