Beat a 08 Z06

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Myself iam going on my 6th Viper(another Gen4) dating back to 1993 (Before that i owned Vetts )and i always thought( esp since i have been involved with a ton of professional tests involving both )it is important to give an HONEST accessment of a cars capabilitys

So let me get this! Since your giving us an honest assestement!
And in you research you have concluded by what I have read here in the past that you have posted the Vette wins verytime in your eyes but you keep on buying the loser. That's like me going crazy over blonds and always ending up with a brunette. There someting I'm missing here!

fe4snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of all us here are novice race drivers with a few that have some decent track time. But, as far as I see it "a win is a win" no excuses. That is why my car will never be stock, so noone can't ever compare with a stock one. Congrats on the win!!!!! :headbang:

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
geeez wasnt trying to start a war...thought this was a Viper site. I figured I would get beat.. You know a whole 45 Hp more out of the Vette.. I even told the guy, "guess you will film a Z06 beating a Viper today" I was wrong. Guess it was the driver. Just posted for fun.... I thought a win was a win.

You definitely were the better driver! :2tu:

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i run 11.60 @122 mph stock in my 1996 viper gts but i had d.o.t drag tires

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I second that! There are Vette people trolling this forum waiting to pounce on how much faster is a vette over a viper. I my friend would rather see them go to a vette forum and leave the guys that like the slow,ugly,uncomfortable,crappy braking,crappy handling,less gadgets,plain looking interior and over all inferior vehicle to the people that pay $150 a year in membership and not have to read this bull sh*t
Where were all you guys back in the mids 90s when my restaurant was a VCA NJ sponser(I know you paid an ENTIRE 150 dollars for your membership those PARTYS cost me SLIGHTLY more ).If you dont like if the TRUTH is reported thats too bad

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where were all you guys back in the mids 90s when my restaurant was a VCA NJ sponser(I know you paid an ENTIRE 150 dollars for your membership those PARTYS cost me SLIGHTLY more ).If you dont like if the TRUTH is reported thats too bad
Nobody ever complains if i happen to get a Viper involved in a test when the Viper wins back in 99 i set up the test of VCA Pres Joe Houss Gen 2 against a new Z06 and the Viper easily one that was reported in the exact same manner .WAIT alot of talking here did not know what a Viper was 11 years ago.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with the HP these cars are putting out it's really up to the drivers. Good kill.

I'm sure just running against a red GTS/ACR intimidated the hell out of him.:headbang:

It's funny how I've always found I'm invisible to corvettes when I'm in a Viper.:lmao::dunno::lmao:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Props to you but the man that started this thread did in fact HAVE a car/driver that WAS quicker that day. This day, this driver, this car WON this race !! It's not rocket science. Why don't for a few moments you get off Jamies nuts !! Gezzzzz :dunno:
What have YOU done :2tu:

p.s. I CAN'T wait until a new Zo6/zr1 (what ever they are) pulls up one day to waste my ol' Viper :D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got invited to a party/ corvette car show at my friends property which has access to a private air strip. I showed up in my 02 ACR. Definately a Chevy scene. There were several corvetts, chevelles etc. The Viper was a huge hit though!!

Its funny how the Chevy guys act like they are not interested but could not stay away or not look. Anyway the owner of the Z06along with several others started in about me running my car down the strip. I was reluctant due to my old hard tires..but finally gave in.
Did a couple of rolling 100'burn outs and then lined up with the Z06. We ran 3 times. Spanked him bad the first run. The 2nd run I had him till 2/3 rds track and missed 3rd. The 3rd run was perfect and I took him by a fender at the 1/4. Curious to run my car on lights to see what it turns, I would guess high 11's low 12's.. I was doing about 120 mph at the 1/4.
A ton of fun!! Private strip, old fasioned hand drop start. Didnt know what to expect running against a 505 Hp z06 but the Viper prevaled.

Sounds like a great time....good job !!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Props to you but the man that started this thread did in fact HAVE a car/driver that WAS quicker that day. This day, this driver, this car WON this race !! It's not rocket science. Why don't for a few moments you get off Jamies nuts !! Gezzzzz :dunno:

p.s. I CAN'T wait until a new Zo6/zr1 (what ever they are) pulls up one day to waste my ol' Viper :D
Nothing other than winning the Mopar Atl Nats Modded division 4 straight years in the 90s NOTHING.Ps your modded turn that baby back to stock and lets see how you run then

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guess you're still tapped out from those parties.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1BADGTS I think the problem here is I believe when someone post a victory someone shouldn't reply that your win means nothing because the other car is faster and the driver sucked. Let the man have his moment. well my friend I have had plenty of wins with a supposed slower car as long as both cars go down the track. There are plenty of reasons why one car if faster than another. Don't take it personal I just think the viper won this time and that's TRUTH! P.S. Back in the early 90's I was running NHRA Pro stock (Dodge Daytona)! Yes I was a wannabe, but I was there! Running against Aldermann, Geffreon(god rest his soul) Glidden, Warren Johnson! alot of DNQ. (did not qualify) but made the NHRA field a couple of times. Not bad for an amature. Then in the mid 90's I ran ProMod big bad supercharged 526 hemi avenger! 6:60's @ 212 MPH It was fun but expensive. Then I traded down to the viper:lmao:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1BADGTS
Myself iam going on my 6th Viper(another Gen4) dating back to 1993 (Before that i owned Vetts )and i am (too cheap to even join the VCA despite having 2000 posts in which I mention Jamie Furman and Evan Smith in every one) always thought( esp since i have been involved with a ton of professional tests involving both )it is important to give an HONEST accessment of a cars capabilitys

Fixed it for ya big timer.....
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS I think the problem here is I believe when someone post a victory someone shouldn't reply that your win means nothing because the other car is faster and the driver sucked. Let the man have his moment. well my friend I have had plenty of wins with a supposed slower car as long as both cars go down the track. There are plenty of reasons why one car if faster than another. Don't take it personal I just think the viper won this time and that's TRUTH! P.S. Back in the early 90's I was running NHRA Pro stock (Dodge Daytona)! Yes I was a wannabe, but I was there! Running against Aldermann, Geffreon(god rest his soul) Glidden, Warren Johnson! alot of DNQ. (did not qualify) but made the NHRA field a couple of times. Not bad for an amature. Then in the mid 90's I ran ProMod big bad supercharged 526 hemi avenger! 6:60's @ 212 MPH It was fun but expensive. Then I traded down to the viper:lmao:
You got me wrong as iam not trying to take ANYTHING away from the guy .Nobody loves Vipers more than i do (lol with the possible exception of a Canadian that comes on this forum )

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to ask but did you ever run with a guy named Kenny Miele (used to run MOPAR super stockers now with Mopar Perf Mag )

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, there are 1/4 mile tracks just over an hour from me. You driving the Vette ?
I think i could dig up somebody that may give a run(after all we want the BEST POSSIBLE example of Viper verses Vette ) inturn maybe a side wager .

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing other than winning the Mopar Atl Nats Modded division 4 straight years in the 90s NOTHING.Ps your modded turn that baby back to stock and lets see how you run then

See, that's cool. Congrats on a job well done !!

Exactly !!
Some very cool stuff there. LOTS of hard work and $$$ but experiences that last forever.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think i could dig up somebody that may give a run(after all we want the BEST POSSIBLE example of Viper verses Vette ) inturn maybe a side wager .

In that case doesn't it need to be a new z06 vs an 08 or 09 Viper ? And truth be told, the same driver with experience in both. Like you say and I agree with...

but

The problems in this thread have nothing to do with which car should normally be quicker....it is about you coming in here and crapping on the mans thread.

OP
OP
O

ontilt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was reluctant due to my old hard tires..but finally gave in. Ya I know.... but seriously for what I do 99.9 % of the time they work.. I have been in faster more powerfull cars on bias polyglass tires... older PS2's should be ok

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reluctant due to my old hard tires..but finally gave in. Ya I know.... but seriously for what I do 99.9 % of the time they work.. I have been in faster more powerfull cars on bias polyglass tires... older PS2's should be ok

I love my old PS's . They get better with age. If you can learn how to drive on hockey
pucks and when you go back to new soft grippy tiers its you will be a better driver.
:headbang:
:2tu:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"old hard tires" are really unsafe! it sounds like maybe theyre original tires from 2002? :omg: man invest in some new ps2s before you kill yourself!

Totally!

Had a guy at Putnam Park last wknd with original tires on, went off the track right in front of me, several times actually... tires gave out.

What's weird about them too is there's still LOTS of tread on them still, he changed them immediately:lmao:

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally!

Had a guy at Putnam Park last wknd with original tires on, went off the track right in front of me, several times actually... tires gave out.

What's weird about them too is there's still LOTS of tread on them still, he changed them immediately:lmao:

I think old tiers make you much more aware of the balance of the car, at lower
speed. I would all so suggest lots of runoff room, :lmao: :lmao:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree! Good post Tony. I drove a new 09 Z06 a while back and it felt like a slug.:dunno:. I can't wait for one to pick on me as well.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.