Belanger on my 2008 SRT-C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, wow wow.....all I can say is I've been driving around with a perma-smile since my install last Friday.

After a month of driving my new 2008, the stock sound left a lot to be desired. Too quite at idle, too "controlled" for my taste. I ordered up a full system (headers, exhaust, the works) from JonB at PartsRack and had it shipped directly to DC Performance in LA.

Of course, the service from JonB was second to none, hence the fact that every single purchase I make for my Viper since owning these cars day 1 (back in 2002) has gone through him. The service, support, responsiveness and knowledge that Jon possesses is second to none and I would not trust buying parts from anyone but him. THANKS JON!!!!

DC's install was quick, clean and friendly. I hung around and watched the process from time to time and Dan and his people are top class. I am so glad I have a shop of DC's quality just a short drive away from me.

Now, for the power and sound. We didn't get on the Dyno that day, but I saw sheets that showed other owners adding 50-60rhp from the system and I can tell you from my SOTP Dyno that there is a lot more pop on top after this install.

The sound at idle is how Dodge should be building these cars; Deep, rumbly, growly and mean. There is very little cabin drone compared to other cars I've had (2 GTS's with other systems) and I can carry on a normal in person or on phone conversation without turning up the volume or screaming. When you step on it, the car comes to life and rips out a crazy note that only an 8.4L V10 can produce :)

Bottom line, I am SO happy with this entire process. The purchase, install and results are great.

If you own a 2008 and have a stock system, get yourself a Belanger system from Parts Rack NOW!!!!!!!!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your assessment is spot on. I have an 08 with the Belanger system and could not be happier. The other benefits such as a roughly 19 lb weight reduction and cooler operating temps make this mod a "must-have" in my book.

I also agree with the service and response from Jon at PartsRack.

Here's a video clip of the Belanger system to tide you over until you get your's posted:

YouTube - 2008 Viper with Belanger Headers and Exhaust (External)

/Rich

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm still on the fence considering buying this full setup. All the stories of burnt wiring and o2 sensors have kept me wondering. Also have to deal with Kommiefornia epa. Other than the viual inspection I'm curious if these will pass smog....

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you'll have smog issues, granted I did my smog before we did the install.

I have not had any codes thrown since the install happened, so in terms of passing, I think you'll be just fine....granted we do live in the state of disgustingly big government that takes all of your freedoms and robs us of fun....sorry, lets keep this on topic ;)

OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sound vid is PERFECT!!!! Not much need to post my own now as this is exactly the sound I get.

Nice work :)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1600 miles on my 06' Coupe with full Bellanger set-up. Nothing burning, no codes thrown, just perfect in every way.

Smogged it here in Colorado AFTER install and passed with flying colors. I am told the new Colorado emissions tolerances are very close to CA now which are the worst, thus I do not think you will have any problems. My car is stock motor other than the Bellanger system install with NO cross over.

Man did it take the heat out of the car's interior.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Belanger system #002 (rich has #1) from partsrack, installed by woodhouse

No heat shields and absolutely no problems after 3,000 miles

Sound and extra power are fabulous...Sound really kicks in at >3k rpm....For those of u that are making recordings u should try recording the sound going thru a tunnel or large bridge...the sound resonance is pretty awesome...i've posted these pics before but what the hey.....O and don't forget the tips on the system look like they have been chromed and they stick out the side of the car... after 3,000miles the tips look like new.. no tarnishing...one last thing is that after 1000miles the ecm adjusts and u get a cool increased popping which one can control...cool huh

V21.JPG

v2.JPG

Reaction score
Rick,

I got the PM and even though I would love to have your business and can do what you asked I would really advise you to take all your business to the the fine folks at DC Performance. They can get the system or I can send them one and I know as always Dan, Tony, Lyle and the crew will take the best of care of you and your snake....uh that's not what I meant huh huh you know what I mean.:D

$hit I think I'm really gonna have to order this for the 08 when I get back from Detroit.

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rick,

I got the PM and even though I would love to have your business and can do what you asked I would really advise you to take all your business to the the fine folks at DC Performance. They can get the system or I can send them one and I know as always Dan, Tony, Lyle and the crew will take the best of care of you and your snake....uh that's not what I meant huh huh you know what I mean.:D
sounds good Mark, thanks!

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel free to ask any questions you have. I'm working on the video with sound now.

Can you tell us more about the "seat of the pants" feel? Compared to stock, where exactly in the RPM powerband do you feel the extra hp? Anything noticable at lower RPM or is it mostly higher RPM?

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1600 miles on my 06' Coupe with full Bellanger set-up. Nothing burning, no codes thrown, just perfect in every way.

Smogged it here in Colorado AFTER install and passed with flying colors. I am told the new Colorado emissions tolerances are very close to CA now which are the worst, thus I do not think you will have any problems. My car is stock motor other than the Bellanger system install with NO cross over.

Man did it take the heat out of the car's interior.

If you don't mind me asking, who did your install in Denver?:D

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you tell us more about the "seat of the pants" feel? Compared to stock, where exactly in the RPM powerband do you feel the extra hp? Anything noticable at lower RPM or is it mostly higher RPM?

You can notice added punch from 2K rpm up... stronger midrange for sure. The sound is crazzzy. Grab yours soon just in case they run out. ;)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
MANY THANKS Zach, Rich, Wallbanger et al for the kind words........

While I hope some lucky VOI attendee, who also bought a raffle ticket, WINS the Belanger donation, and gets the DONATED INSTALL from MarkJ, Id be happy to help the er, um the rest of the LOSERS with a Post-VOI sale! I know I have at least 4 LOSING tickets

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

This is some more PartsRack customer feedback of an o8 system:

Jon....just drove the 08 with the Belangers installed. You were right, it sounds totally different... a little Italian, a little warmer, more melodic but with a banshee like high pitch at the top.. The power is very noticeable, and rather shocking with a whole bunch more mid range!

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will be dynoing my 08 with Belanger next Friday and will post the results here on the board in a separate thread comparing the baseline dyno figures with the post-install figures.

/Rich

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thread...Thanks everyone for the info. So am I correct in assuming that if I buy this system for my new 08, the engine/powertrain portion of my factory warranty will be voided?

Reaction score
Maybe if it is the cause of the failure although I would doubt that. Just remember there is a risk in everything you do. If you really want anything other than what someone gives you to begin with you will have some responsibility also.

In other words sometimes if you play sometimes you will pay, just the way life goes with anything really.

Good thread...Thanks everyone for the info. So am I correct in assuming that if I buy this system for my new 08, the engine/powertrain portion of my factory warranty will be voided?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Suprised to see headers installed on 08's without heat shields.

Seen too many 03 - 06s with this type of install and melted wiring.

Maybe the new hood vents help?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks to SEMA lobbying, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act would require the dealer to directly relate any failure to the header itself, before invalidating the warranty.

an FTC paper: A Businessperson's Guide to Federal Warranty Law

Ie "if Belanger's +50HP = your tranny fails" that would have to be proven, not just alleged. But you probably could not afford the attorney, and Chrysler has 50 of em. {unless you are in Canada, in which case Y.F. ) So SELECT YOUR DODGE SERVICE DEALER CAREFULLY. VERY, VERY CAREFULLY

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAS this video WITH or WITHOUT cats?
Sounds real nice....

Jason

I think your assessment is spot on. I have an 08 with the Belanger system and could not be happier. The other benefits such as a roughly 19 lb weight reduction and cooler operating temps make this mod a "must-have" in my book.

I also agree with the service and response from Jon at PartsRack.

Here's a video clip of the Belanger system to tide you over until you get your's posted:

YouTube - 2008 Viper with Belanger Headers and Exhaust (External)

/Rich

Reaction score
Sounds good doesn't it Jon, but in the real world a dealer and rep make the decisions and it is left up to you to fight. I have a stack of projects I have helped with to prove it is not that simple. I have been able to help a lot of folks out though one way or another with these issues. You just have to be ready for a fight if something does happen.

Unless you have a great dealer that understands what can cause a failure in the first place. :headbang:

Thanks to SEMA lobbying, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act would require the dealer to directly relate any failure to the header itself, before invalidating the warranty.

an FTC paper: A Businessperson's Guide to Federal Warranty Law

Ie "if Belanger's +50HP = your tranny fails" that would have to be proven, not just alleged. But you probably could not afford the attorney, and Chrysler has 50 of em. {unless you are in Canada, in which case Y.F. ) So SELECT YOUR DODGE SERVICE DEALER CAREFULLY. VERY, VERY CAREFULLY

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds good doesn't it Jon, but in the real world a dealer and rep make the decisions and it is left up to you to fight........... You just have to be ready for a fight if something does happen....Unless you have a great dealer that understands what can cause a failure in the first place.

EXACTLY why I have been advising owners for years (and also above) to select their servicing dealer VERY, VERY, CAREFULLY. Drive or ship an extra 200++ miles for a GREAT dealer on a big project....