Best comment you overheard someone say about your car...

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We were at a BBQ with about 100 people this weekend and I brought the Viper. I took my friend for a ride and after we got back he yelled to the group, "I just went from 45 yrs. old to 18 in 3.5 seconds!"

I feel that way everytime I hit the Start Button!!!!!!!!

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, bringing back this thread that's turned into "any interesting comments or conversations you've heard or had about the Viper"...

I was cruising with about 12 Lotus cars in western Wisconsin. We stopped for lunch and attracted some locals. One of which was paying more attention to my Viper which is gray, so it tends to not get as much attention in a field of bright Lotii. Anyways:
Him: What year is this?
Me: Its a 2006...
Him: Ok I thought they didn't make these until 2008
Me: Well the next generation came out in 2008, and there were no 2007 model years, so youre not far off since 06 was the first year for the new coupe.
Him: Okay. Yeah thats crazy they arent' even a dodge anymore.
Me: Yeah, well they're SRT now, which I think is a good thing. The 2013 looks great!
Him: No. Its not SRT, its like some european company.
Me: Well... The Viper was for sale and being shopped around, but its SRT now.
Him: No, I don't think so.
Me: Yeah, so Fiat kind of owns it all now, maybe thats what you're thinking. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and now SRT are all standalone companies underneath Fiat.
Him: well.. Whatever. Nice car! (clearly not really believing me)

It just sometimes amazes me how people don't think I know what I'm talking about, when I'm talking about THE CAR I OWN!!!

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
When I got my first viper almost 20 yrs ago ....seeing a girl driving a car like that was not only unusual but the car was breathtaking!! So this guy was looking at the car and staring and smiling and ogling!! Now had I not been driving such an incredible car I mighta thought the guy was making a pass at me!!
But just to be sure that I didn't think that...the guy made a point of coming over to me and telling me that it was MY CAR that he was ogling...not me!!
Ego slashed!!
That was the beginning of my being invisible when with my car!! AND I LOVED IT!!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Entering a car show, lots of young kids around with their moms, ' Look mom, its Lightening' Ka Chow! :D Oh Yea :1up:

At a Military Hospital, (giving Joy rides to the wounded troops), Soldier (who had Severe injuries from IED) Says..'That was the best ride ever, glad I got blown up now' !

How the hell do you reply to that one! :(

ZESTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we purchased our 96 RT I went to pick up our son from work. When I pulled up he said to his friends my Dad would really like that car then he looked and he said "holy s**t that is my Dad.

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was driving behind a really loud obnoxious modded Camaro (a couple cars behind him). When I pass by a couple I hear the guy say "Now that's a nice car"

An elderly lady once told me, "That's the coolest car in the world!"

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a local Dodge Dealership a a couple of years ago and they had an 04 on the showroom floor, roped off. I am looking at it and this dude comes up and starts talking about how he would love to own a Viper. I say, "They are great cars and a blast to drive." He says, "What, do you HAVE a Viper?" "Yes," I tell him, "a GTS". He says, "Yeah right, I bet you do." He then walks away.

Another time, I was getting gas in a small town in Northern Wisconsin and this lady pulls in next to me. She gets out, looks at my car, looks at me and says, "That is the sexiest thing I have ever seen". I said, "Your not bad yourself!" She smiled and thanked me for making her day.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was going from Little Rock to Vegas I pulled the Viper on an open trailer. Along the way, I passed a military convoy and the last truck had a sign on it saying "Convoy Training for Iraq." Some of the trucks had guys in the back with the green canvas top on it, but the back was open. As I passed the first truck one of the soldiers noticed the car and motioned to the other guys to look at it. I watched 10 heads poke out and the look on their face was priceless. I think they radioed to the other trucks ahead, because when I passed them one by one everyone inside was waiting and looked like they knew I was coming.
You must be registered for see images attach

I was diving through base housing to a friend's house, and as I drove past some little kids playing I heard one of them yell out "It's the Pledge of Allegiance Car!"

I hear "That's a beautiful car" all the time.

When I was in Vegas I worked at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, and after a NHRA event I was driving through the pits with my son looking at all the dragsters and funny cars next to the 18 wheel trucks before they got loaded up. A guy stops me and says "Has Clay seen this?" I had no idea what he was talking about so I told him I didn't think so. He says "wait right here," and runs inside one of the truck trailers and comes back out with Clay Millican (top fuel dragster driver). Clay walks around the car and looks at it, and then we talked about Vipers for a good 20 minutes.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine. "What did she have to do to get to drive that car!" He got the DDB!!

Last edited:

VICIOUS1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sitting out at a meet one night i had a guy who owned a slightly modified GTO ask me what my car weight. I lied slightly with a " 4400 lbs". He looks at me and says " so I got a chance". LOL, maybe he should look it up and see that the car weighs in only a few hundred pounds less! cheers! :drive: :rolaugh:

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ve heard a lot since i bought it but i started reading this thread yesterday, so i was checking for what people said when i went off work yesterday, and i went to an auto parts and...
blonde girl:" i love your car"
guy with her:"what car is that?"...
me: viper
Guy:eek:hh.... :-/

then when im about to leave the store there were like 5 employees out and this guy says" man i"ll give you 5 dollars if yo take me for a ride in the viper"... i was LOL

P.S. there was this redhead looking at the car and i would have given her the ride for free.. ;-), but she asked me about gas mileage on the car....

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ve heard a lot since i bought it but i started reading this thread yesterday, so i was checking for what people said when i went off work yesterday, and i went to an auto parts and...
blonde girl:" i love your car"
guy with her:"what car is that?"...
me: viper
Guy:eek:hh.... :-/

then when im about to leave the store there were like 5 employees out and this guy says" man i"ll give you 5 dollars if yo take me for a ride in the viper"... i was LOL

P.S. there was this redhead looking at the car and i would have given her the ride for free.. ;-), but she asked me about gas mileage on the car....

Tell her 21mpg as long as you keep your foot out of the go fast pedal! But WELL worth the ride if you decide to let your snake breathe a bit! :). Awesome DD when the weather is nice and an awesome beast when that urge hits for a bit of mischevious fun....... Just my .02

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Jeff,

I couldn't agree more, I had a woman ask about gas mileage on my Viper and I responded:

"We have scenic cruises all the time and we stop at wineries, great eateries and its just a lot of fun....on those trips I'd love someone along with me to help figure out my gas mileage; would you be interested in helping?"

We did date, but she never did attend a cruise with me.

Regards,
Aaron

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it was not so much a complement or comment as an action.

My next door neighbor has a 3 year old little girl who has a battery powered truck that she drives up and down the sidewalk. After seeing my car in the garage, she now insists on cleaning her truck and putting a blanket over it so it does not get dirty at night.

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"We love your bumper sticker!"

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Blue Viper Matt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's a really bad ass ride. I am the same way. I just think most people assume I am a drug dealer. I haven't gotten any "what do you do" questions yet, so I'd have to believe that is part of the reason why lol. You can tell when people are looking at you and trying to figure out your situation. Fun stuff. These cars are the best.

Funny!
I used to have Delorean and would hear "hey McFly" and "where do you hide the ******* in car".

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so much a comment about the car, but the post about seeing one in the showroom reminded me of the first time I took mine in for service. I walked into the showroom while I was waiting and they had a copperhead roped off. I was walking around looking at it and all the sales guys were huddled around the front desk not paying any attention to me really. Finally one of them spoke loudly across the showroom "I bet you'd like to have one of those one day". I glanced up nonchalantly and said, "I love them, I'm just waiting on mine to get finished up in the service dept." Of course two of them came over after that and started trying to pitch me on every car they had as my daily driver.

The military convoy thing has happened a few times, as I pass them a good bit rolling down 75 South. They usually radio up ahead and they're all excited and waving their arms for a fly-by. Naturally, I oblige and usually somewhere north of double the speed limit by the pass the lead truck. I love seeing the excitement on their faces as I come screaming by at 6k. :)

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At a rest stop, somewhere in Utah, a young teenage boy came running up to me and asked if he could hug my car. I told him no, but he was welcome to sit in it.

In Colorado, at a Scenic Overlook, a women in her 70's asked me, "Who made this car?" and pointed at my Viper. I told her it was a Dodge. She looked at me and said, " I didn't know Dodge made anything this snazzy!"

I took a friend of my daughter for a ride, afterward she said having a Viper is like having your own amusement park ride!

Last edited:

DMC94

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
YEARS ago, a riend and I were talking while my Gen 1 was parked outside his house. His next door neighbor comes out, takes a LOOOONG stare at the car and say... "Damn, with that car, I wouldn't even need a dick!"

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The neighbors have a little girl who's just a few years old that has had some interesting reactions to both my mom's car and mine. Apparently for whatever reason she likes the trash truck, and whenever my mom rolls back into the driveway the little girl will run to the door thinking it's the trash truck (by the sound) and then being disappointed that "it's just that red car". Her dad then came over one day after I had got home in my 04 and said that when he asked his daugher about my car she said "that's the fastest car in the city".

Jaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have my viper yet, but the best for my current car sums up the aussie girls I've encountered since I've been here.. I was driving with the roof down, and heard her shout as I passed ''Nice car.... You can sit on my face....''.... Awesome!... I think :/

brifri11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think its the best when your driving and people pull up next to you and take pictures with their cell phones and such. Or when you come out of a store and your walking to your car in the parking lot and people are by it taking pictures. Great feeling.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my car parked at the boardwalk a couple weeks ago and while I was walking towards it, a guy and 2 girls are walking past it headed my direction. He does a double take at the car and turns to the girls and says "Will 1 of you have sex with me in that car?"

Not wanting to sound like a creeper and say "hey, me too!", I just said "I try to keep the interior pretty clean, so please don't" :D

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a little off subject Leaving the Grocery store late in the day, a small crowd hadgathered around the white vert. As I entered the car one of the admirers askedif I would take his GF for a ride. Said sure, hop in. The guys jaw dropped when, as we drove off I said ” see you in the morning”.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets