Best Music to Listen to While Driving Your Viper

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron--thank you for your curiosity...for me, I was born with congenital nerve damage (hereditary--all five of us siblings got it from our father)...I was blessed with learning to read lips very early, if someone turns away from me, I cannot hear them. Your fiancee and daughter could very well have hearing damage...I use the closed caption on the tv, and Mike listens to it at his comfortable range. I have to always be looking at people's mouths when they talk...but most people would never know I have 65% loss total in both ears. Sounds as if the 'girls' in your life may need hearing aids in the future (they don't help me with my hearing, only amplifies things, doesn't CLARIFY things for me)....juli

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My impairment was also congenital but from a difficult birthing accident - nothing hereditary. My coping mechanism is exactly as Juli described. A hearing aid helps and lip reading helps a lot. You have to remember that sound has a frequency range and we can be more sensitive to specific tonal or frequency ranges. I'm practically deaf in the high frequencies so I can't distinguish speech that well (consonants) without lip reading. You (Aaron?) may be losing your hearing in the lower frequencies but OK in the higher frequencies.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperBilliam: I'm so sorry to hear of your hearing impairment also....yep, lip-reading is my saving grace, and I don't know about you, but do most people KNOW you have a hard time hearing?? Most people do NOT know about me....I follow their lips very well...as you probably learned to also....hearing aids just do not do it for me or my 4 siblings...
and yep, high frequencies...mostly WOMEN'S voices I can't hear very well...didn't do well in school due to that...teachers walking around the rooms, hard to 'follow' their lips that way...you too??? Male voices are much easier for me, how bout you? Is yours getting progressively worse? Mine will....my best to you!!! Adapting is the key, huh?! ~juli

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli & ViperBilliam,

Thank-you for indulging my curiosity, I am glad to hear that both of you have adapted and have overcome this aspect of your lives. As for me, I have a sinus condition from my genetic Dad that may play more into my hearing than I've actually thought about....until talking with you both.

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli & ViperBilliam,
Thank-you for indulging my curiosity, I am glad to hear that both of you have adapted and have overcome this aspect of your lives. As for me, I have a sinus condition from my genetic Dad that may play more into my hearing than I've actually thought about....until talking with you both.
Regards,
Aaron

Aaron, You are such a joy to talk to!!! Ask any questions you want, you are definitely one of the best 'posters' on these forums, very knowledgeable, and not afraid to ask questions. All PLUSES for you AND your fiancee and her daughter~~~! Yeah, can't hurt to have your hearing tested, especially if you don't think it's sinus-related anymore.
Hope also your fiancee and daughter (and you) continue to use earplugs when you go to concerts....it does protect!! My very best to you and yours!!! ~juli~

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Juli, I appreciate the compliments, I'll keep you posted the next time I get my hearing checked.

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Juli, I appreciate the compliments, I'll keep you posted the next time I get my hearing checked.
Regards,
Aaron

WHAT?????? I couldn't hear you~~~~ (;) ) As you can tell, I take my hearing disability so seriously (NOT!!!).....but yes, I would love to 'hear' from you (again, heeheeeee!!)...seriously though, I DO hope you don't develop a hearing problem.
Keep those plugs in at concerts!~! ~juli~

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My apologies if this post is veering off too far from the thread subject but in response to Juli, yes adaptation is the key as it is for any handicap. No, my hearing won't degrade further as yours may but my ability to adapt is becoming less sharp as I get older. And yes, my hearing pattern/difficulties are very similar to yours. How do you deal with phone conversations? I have amplification but like hearing aids, it only goes so far. I'm hoping for a plug in device that will read out what is being said (texting?).

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperBilliam--I also apologize to the others as this thread has veered off 'best music to listen to'!!!! (Though I DO listen to classic rock---there, I added TO the thread!)....adapting is the key for sure in hearing disabilities....reading lips mostly. Phone conversations so far, have been fine, or if I can't hear the person, I just ask them to please speak up. One of our phones is worst than the others, so I've gotten phones that amplify pretty good...plus the ringing too is louder, as certain tones (like you) I cannot hear...Mike sometimes has to tell me the phone is ringing when he's home...then he answers it. Good luck to you, and back on topic, what music DO you listen to???!!
(Though WORDS themselves are hard to hear, I love the music itself) ~juli~

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going back on-topic:

Da Mutz - Wassup

No hearing problems for me except when exposed to loud stuff for a lengthy period of time. Other than that my left ear is coming close to the capability of a submarine sonar whilst my right ear filters the bass (hearing nerve problems that run in my mother's side of the family).

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going back on-topic:
Da Mutz - Wassup
No hearing problems for me except when exposed to loud stuff for a lengthy period of time. Other than that my left ear is coming close to the capability of a submarine sonar whilst my right ear filters the bass (hearing nerve problems that run in my mother's side of the family).

Oh, sorry to 'hear' (haha...no pun intended!!) that you also have nerve problems in your hearing...that's what mine is, genetic nerve damage that can only be repaired when they can transplant nerves in the ears--hearing aids do not help me nor my 4 siblings...who are all affected by it. And, yeah, the bass is fine, but high pitches are not really heard.
Don't know DaMutz-Wassup?? Guess we best stay away from the 'loud' stuff, huh?!!
~juli~

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, sorry to 'hear' (haha...no pun intended!!) that you also have nerve problems in your hearing...that's what mine is, genetic nerve damage that can only be repaired when they can transplant nerves in the ears--hearing aids do not help me nor my 4 siblings...who are all affected by it. And, yeah, the bass is fine, but high pitches are not really heard.
Don't know DaMutz-Wassup?? Guess we best stay away from the 'loud' stuff, huh?!!
~juli~

ROFL.. say WHA?

Give me your e-mail and I'll send you the song ;) It's really funky, there is a number of songs around that kinda use the same tune. If you know MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This, this is what to kinda expect. I posted a video in the Fangs Snake Pit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeTHAHGgZzA&mode=related&search=) that also has the song albeit a bit alterated in a good way.

Thought of another one today:

The Who - Teenage Wasteland

Go driving in the open country roads during a hazy sunset and you're sold.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROFL.. say WHA?

Give me your e-mail and I'll send you the song ;) It's really funky, there is a number of songs around that kinda use the same tune. If you know MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This, this is what to kinda expect. I posted a video in the Fangs Snake Pit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeTHAHGgZzA&mode=related&search=) that also has the song albeit a bit alterated in a good way.
Thought of another one today:
The Who - Teenage Wasteland
Go driving in the open country roads during a hazy sunset and you're sold.

Thank you for the video, actually a great song!!! And, OH YEAAAAAAAA, "Teenage Wasteland"!!! LOVE THAT ONE!~! Now I got that guitar riff in my head and can't get it out....ahhhhhhhhhh!!! LOL--thanx! ~juli~

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try these on for size

metallica - fuel, bad seed
killswitch engage - My last serenade
shadows fall - Venomous, the power of I and I
Racer X - Godzilla (cover)
Aerosmith - last child, back in the saddle, sweet emotion
AC/DC - thunderstruck
Led Zeppelin - Trampled underfoot
Guns and Roses - paradise city, Mr. Brownstone
Motley Crue - Wild side, Dr. Feelgood
Rob Zombie - Demon speeding
White Zombie - more human than human

come on thats a hell of a 'grow a pair and put your foot down' track list ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best---Radar Love, by Golden Earring. 'No more speed I'm almost there'...come on---can you feel it???:headbang:

Oh, noooooo....now I've got THAT tune running thru my head!!!! YEP, I can feel it~~~
GREAT song...love that one too (they had to learn English to put that song out, did you know that?!!)....juli

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving with Sleekride this past weekend. He was cranking Green Sleeves. It felt like Christmas Eve in his Viper on a warm August day. Not a bad choice of tunes...

But Metallica works too.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, noooooo....now I've got THAT tune running thru my head!!!! YEP, I can feel it~~~
GREAT song...love that one too (they had to learn English to put that song out, did you know that?!!)....juli

Then I take it you also know that they are DUTCH ;) :D ?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was cranking some tunes while driving my GTS today, and was wondering what the best music is to listen to. So, what is the ABSOLUTE BEST tunes to crank up while you are cruising in your Viper?

(and no cheezy answer like "The sound of the engine is the best 'music'"):D
Mine is so loud I cant hear any music except the cheezy engine sound. Like Ferrari, the Viper should not come with the worthless weight. Each to his own but I bought a luxury car for the purpose of quality music.

OP
OP
O

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please note, I don't feel that the engine sound is cheezy. Far from it. Instead I feel an answer to the "Best Tunes" being the engine sound is cheezy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery