Best (or funniest) reaction when driving your snake?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought my 98 GTS in Illinois. On the way home wife and I stopped in Yuma for the night. While in line up to get a room a guy came in and apologized for startling my wife. "I was feeling your car up and didn't realize she was sitting in the car."

Getting a room in 100 Mile House and a girl 19 came in and told me that she really, really wanted to "lick" my car.

Along the freeway a guy in a Z-24 kept bouncing his car trying to get me to race ... for 5 mi.

Pretty girl in Car Museum became extremely pissed at me because I refused to unload passenger seat and take her for a ride in my 01.

Wife wouldn't talk to me because I took "proper" pictures of gym lady with my car. - not funny.

Tire guy has fixed 4 flats on my Stealth R/T TT for a promise of a short ride in the GTS.

1 of only 12 trophies received at a car show featuring 450 quality showcars. Also received 2 door prizes at registration, had to give 1 back because I only brought 1 Viper. Also won a 'draw' door prize at this same show.

Raced a new Z06 from 50mph - him in second gear, me in fourth ... it was a tie.

Stopped in roadblock and ended up spending 20 min. showing the Viper to one of the cops.

1 cop 'forgave' me a ticket as long as I gave him a Viper ride.

Living more stories all summer long.

Ted

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a light and an older woman in a new Caddy puts her window down and says "nice Ferrari" LMAO...At Autozone two high school kids drooling on my Viper asked if they could ********** on it, which I think was a compliment...Al

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave a ride to a friends 85 year old mother. When I got up to 110 I asked her if this frightened her. She said no but she had never driven faster than her age before.

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My neighbor, an eldery woman, asked me if the car could go as fast as 70 mph. Jokingly I told her that if I really leaned into it, it could go 75 mph. She was awe struck that a car could go that fast.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last fall, in my modded 96 GTS (including headers and exhaust) I pulled up next to an SRT8 and I commented to the driver that his 425hp V8 sounded really good. He replied "Yea, okay, but yours sounds like a top-fuel dragster!"

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's been plenty of times when I used mine to help out with charity or just given rides to Viper fanatics, but here's the story that more of you would like to hear...

Me and a friend are on the way to FL a couple years ago and we get beside this black VW. Its 3 hot girls in it and a guy driving. We stay beside them for a while waving, smiling, etc. The girls make a sign that says "the driver is ***" and about that time, the driver winks at my friend. So, after I quit laughing about that I decided to downshift and jump on the gas a little just to show off. We slowed down and let them catch up, to return the "show off" favor, the 2 girls in the backseat started making out! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 18, so I get a lot of bullsh** from teenagers. My favorite incident was when I got stopped at a light next to an old Jeep filled with kids my age and one leans out and says " You compensating for something?". I just look at him and say, " Ya, I have a tiny penis. How do you deal with it?" All the other kids that were laughing at his comment laughed even harder at what I had to say. It was hilarious!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never been asked if I was compensating for something, but if i do, my reply will be..."yes, I'm compensating for having more money than I know what to do with". And like Jimmy, thats a lie, but they'll never know :D

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talking about children knowing what a viper is....I take my daughter Alyssa to school in the morn and pick up in the afternoon.Sometimes I use the viper to do this.One day I pick her up at the front of her elementary school(tons of kids an teachers standing on sidewalk as parents pick up there *****)...she gets in...has a little ATTITUDE:omg::omg::omg:...so I said,whats you problem today young lady?her reply,I wish you would stop using this car,I hate it!:dunno::dunno:Why is that I ask?she said she is sick of hearing all day long.....IS THAT YOUR DADS CAR?IS THAT YOUR DADS CAR?:lmao::headbang:

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get thumbs up all the times. Young people old people, men, women, all races too.

Pulled in a gas station in Hollywood the other night and a sort-of-homeless guy came up to 'wash my windows' but noted they were so clean already. But he kept remarking, 'Damn a Viper! I seen a Bentley AND a Ferrari come in here tonight, but this car is #1, man it is amazing'.

No windows to wash but I gave him some money anyways.

When I go into a store like Best Buy I can't count the times I've looked out the big glass windows from within the store to see people outside in the parking lot taking pictures of the car. One time someone was waving their arms around all wildy like they could believe they'd actually seen one, like an alien from another planet had landed!

When I drove it half way across the country, apparantly there are some checkpoints coming like from New Mexico into California, where their main question is 'Are you a US citizen?' Wonder what the heck that is about. Anyways it's the dead of night and we come screaming into the checkpoint after having driven about 150mph up to there for the past hour. Of course at that time we're the only car for miles, and the officer comes up and starts in with his standard citizen questions, and then just stops in the middle of asking and smiles and sort of laughs and says, 'man that is one hell of a car!' and goes on to ask all kinds of questions about the Viper.

I've learned that this car is more special that even a Ferrari, since a Ferrari screams 'rich a-hole'. The Viper screams 'American Muscle with Taste'.

I get the motorcycle cops flying up to me all the time. I NEVER see where they come from. It's weird there will be like nothing behind me then suddenly these two weaving headlights come up and follow me for a while, then move on. Like they were hiding out on the side of the road and said 'holy crap what was that?' [my orange viper driving by of course]
and come flying up to see it.

And yes the kids. You pull up to the minivan and see the parent often oblivious while the full caravan of children has migrated to that side of the van and are pressed up against the window smiling and pointing =)

Lots of hot chicks too. I was on Santa Monica Blvd last Saturday and a car of the hottest black and latina girls pulls up next to me and they are SCREAMING at me and the car, giving thumbs up, and telling me how awesome I am. Could have gotten their number, but at the time I was following my girlfriend home in her new Porsche, so I had to play it cool =)

Yeah, the Viper is pretty cool...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Spoke to the local cop today. Why does everyone think that I've actually gone over 200mph in my Viper? He did mention the only straight part of the highway where it would be possible though. I think I'll take him for a ride in the spring. We'll call it training.

He gave me a serious speeding warning in my Stealth last fall, so I'll let him drive that car (it's onlu got 500hp) if he wants to get that "supercar feel". NO ONE drives my Viper.

Ted

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one guy do the :hail: out of the window of his grand am as I passed him on the highway.

I pulled into a gas station in the town I work in and 5 HS kids come running up, asking all kinds of questions. I let them sit in it. One offered to f**k the car. I politely declined his offer.

My 5 yr old nephew loves the car. He said I had to pick him up from school at least once before the snow fell last fall, so I did.

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had all the typical head turns, cell phone photo's while driving, people hanging out the windows yelling, etc. But the best one was when a group of kids were coming towards me. There was about 5-6 of them probably range in age of 10-14 years old. All of their jaws dropped, turning around in their seats and thumbs up from a few of the boys. Now living out in the boonies not a lot of kids know horsepower. But these kids did since they were being pulled by just 1 hp............in there Amish buggy!!!!

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry for the language.

I am ready though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Is there a website with a bunch of those? I love them but I can't find them anywhere...

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My father mentioned to his secretary that I had a Viper, and the next time I went to see it she came out to look at it. I took her for a ride and when I floored it she started screaming "Oh God! Oh God!" over and over. I took a corner and never bother to lift off the throttle and she freaked out.

I got a similar reaction from my mother-in-law when took her for a ride and now she's reluctant to get in ANY vehicle with me now.

I gave a 10 year old boy a ride (son of my wife's friend) and after a quick run up to about 100 he turned white as a ghost and asked me not to do that again because he was scared.

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My then 20 year old son was driving with me as passenger back home from VOI5 in Vegas in 1999 in my black RT/10. We were driving about 100 mph and went around an old couple in a white Buick then pulled back in the right lane. Soon the white Buick catches us in the left lane and starts easing by. Both the driver and white haired passenger looked straight ahead as they began to pass. I was just cracking up and told my son to jump on it and he downshifted and shot up to 150 or so. We didn't see them any more.

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving on the Dulles toll road...approaching the toll booth with a Jeep Wrangler ahead of us.

The Jeep driver pays the toll, opens his door, gets out and looks in our direction, makes the fang sign with his hand and then drives off.

We pull up to the booth to pay and the toll taker said the the Jeep driver paid our toll BUT he paid too much so here is the change.

I asked her to keep it for the guy behind me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte