BEST Viper Magazine yet~! KUDOS!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just received our Winter 2009 (?lol?) edition of Viper Magazine today, and all I can say is WOWWWWW!!! It is JAM-PACKED with articles from MANY, MANY regions' events. Kudos to RTTTTED/Ted for his article "Thunder in Sun Valley"....beautiful pictures and nice write-up!
ALSO to BAZ/NeilUK and Chuck Tator for the UK Pub Crawling article and pics too!
PLUS the addition of SRT Engineering's 2008's chart of Vipers sold. 1579 of them, and now we know that our GTS Blue w/silver is ONE OF NINE internationally~! Think we'll keep THIS one around for awhile!
THANK YOU to all who contributed to this excellent edition of Viper Magazine, and as always, JRT and the sponsors! :headbang::headbang::headbang: ~juli
Edited: Page 51 shows the 1579 Vipers sold, but it must refer to JUST ROADSTERS and possibly the ACR totals (?)...there ARE NO COUPES on this page...SRT Engineers are notified on their thread!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Up here in Great White North sled dogs have not arrived with mail from America yet.
Me just sit and wait
:D:D
Robert

Remember the postal motto: "Thru rain, sleet, snow, ice, fallen trees, potholes, no-days-off, floods, rough roads-never fixed, we WILL deliver your mail! " :2tu: ~juli

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure that is US Postals motto. USPS is great!:2tu:

But this is Big White North land. Apparently you have never heard Canada Posts moto.

We will bring it if we feel like it, and then still maybe not!;)

Basically we will NOT deliver under the following conditions: rain, sleet, snow, ice, fallen trees, potholes, floods, rough roads-never fixed, in a nutshell, if it aint sunny, dont hold your breath!:D:D

Bobby

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am sure that is US Postals motto. USPS is great!:2tu:

But this is Big White North land. Apparently you have never heard Canada Posts moto.

We will bring it if we feel like it, and then still maybe not!;)

Basically we will NOT deliver under the following conditions: rain, sleet, snow, ice, fallen trees, potholes, floods, rough roads-never fixed, in a nutshell, if it aint sunny, dont hold your breath!:D:D

Bobby

Don't be so ******* yourself. Besides, that's not how it works. Being a limited production (?) Canada get last distrbution from the printer.

At my wife's Canada Post Office we'll be getting delivery of mail on Xmas Eve and new years eve as well. No holidays for subcontractors, outside the cities anyway.

Crossing the border takes a month. UPS takes a month and so does "snail mail" We'll get ours in a month, same as always. I would have like to get a 'special' issue because I submitted, but ... oh well. I'll just wait like all these other guys up here.

Since I've got nothing to read I'm gonna go out and take my snowmobile out on the Lake and test the ice!!! Oh yah, I should phone someone - just in case? Nawh, I'm good. Not hijacking.

You must be registered for see images

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cant wait for the Mag to arrive... Thanks for the heads up Juli...

Ditto, Thanks for the review and heads up Queen Jules! Any pics of my Sapphire/silver make it into the mag this issue?

Here's a link of one of my first runs at Vernon AutoX (part of the story "Thunder in SunValley"). I got better every run.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9tnbocY9Qw[/media]

Ted

snakebite52

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i think they are wrong with an acr color combo. the all black acr with red drivers strip, they say theres only 1 made. but i know of at least 2 here on the forum who owns one and then on the 3rd to last page theres an ad for a viper at a dealership and on the page next to it theres a pic of an all black acr with red drivers strip. and the chances of it being the same one being sold are very slim..............

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm partial to pages 42-43 in particular paragraph three, thanks Ryan. Although it wasn’t my best BBQ I’ll be ready for next year if needed. Now being that we had at least 60 cars and 3 days of action I'm thinking 4 more pages would of been enough to display most of the happenings.

Chris

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my first Viper magazine today! Nice read and great photos.

After witnessing one of Ryan's south central Texas events and seeing the Texas Roundup article, I can hardly wait for the '09 Texas Roundup. Twenty-two Vipers a couple weeks ago was awesome; sixty has to be mind blowing!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the FALL issue a few days ago from the Swiss VCA...will have to wait and see whether and WHEN the winter issue will arrive?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A sign of the times. The opening address is from Chris Marshall, not Michael Accavitti--director Dodge and SRT Marketing Communications. Also gone is the column by Kipp Owen, director of Street and Racing Technology. I wonder if these guys still have jobs? Looks like maybe Dodge is getting ready for the break away from Viper.

Bill

OP
OP
M

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After witnessing one of Ryan's south central Texas events and seeing the Texas Roundup article, I can hardly wait for the '09 Texas Roundup. Twenty-two Vipers a couple weeks ago was awesome; sixty has to be mind blowing!

Tere: Imagine 87 Vipers altogether in one place!!!! THAT's what happened at our Orange County Chopper event in September!! I submitted that article to domesticdriver.com (it's in their Nov./Dec. issue) and also to Viper Magazine, don't know if it was accepted in Viper Magazine yet for future issue! It was SURREAL!!!
Not ONE Viper seemed to be the same at all~~~~:drive::drive: ENJOY the holidays!
~juli

TED: YES your gorgeous Sapphire/Silver Viper's picture is with your article, page 17 with a pic of YOU also holding a helmet! :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, everybody's going to recognize me now, LOL. 2 for 2.

I think my best article is still to come. We did a Mountain Climb up Revelstoke Mountain in BC. 15mi. of switchback turns. Although we posted a 50mph Rally speed limit - it was still great! Awhh, that's another story. Maybe Spring or Summer issue?

I'm 'working' the host as THAT event has to be experienced. Pike's Peak, here I come?

Thanks again Juli. Obviously this issue is worth waiting for.

Ted

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>> Pike's Peak, here I come?<<<

JULY 16-19, 2009...hmmmmmmm---me like it....PPIHC.com

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"i think they are wrong with an acr color combo. the all black acr with red drivers strip, they say theres only 1 made. but i know of at least 2 here on the forum who owns one and then on the 3rd to last page theres an ad for a viper at a dealership and on the page next to it theres a pic of an all black acr with red drivers strip. and the chances of it being the same one being sold are very slim.............."

Indeed, there appears to be some math issues: I believe the Black with Red Stripe ACR # should be 7 versus 1 (i.e., 40+11+7=58, which is shown in the table). The Black ACR advertised in the back is mine. I still had no idea there were so few built!

AZViper08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I signed up for the VCA a little over a week ago and haven't received the magazine yet. I'm dying to know how many '08 GTS Blue w/ White Stripes Verts were produced. Anyone willing to share the number?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I signed up for the VCA a little over a week ago and haven't received the magazine yet. I'm dying to know how many '08 GTS Blue w/ White Stripes Verts were produced. Anyone willing to share the number?

Don't worry, it is coming! Due to member renewals at this time of year, Viper Headquarters gets swamped with all of the orders coming in. As this is the case it takes a little while longer to get applications processes.

Hang in there, I am sure it is coming!:2tu:

Robert

SRTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"i think they are wrong with an acr color combo. the all black acr with red drivers strip, they say theres only 1 made. but i know of at least 2 here on the forum who owns one and then on the 3rd to last page theres an ad for a viper at a dealership and on the page next to it theres a pic of an all black acr with red drivers strip. and the chances of it being the same one being sold are very slim.............."

Indeed, there appears to be some math issues: I believe the Black with Red Stripe ACR # should be 7 versus 1 (i.e., 40+11+7=58, which is shown in the table). The Black ACR advertised in the back is mine. I still had no idea there were so few built!

Just wondering, but where did you get the number 7 for Black/Red stripe ACR? I believe that there are much more than 7, but when will the accurate information be released? Due to the photo shoot with that color combo for Motor Trend, I believe that the Black/Red combo is one the most popular, if not iconic for the 08 Viper.

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Magazine lists 40 Black ACRs (no stripe), 11 Black ACRs with Silver stripes (two of them), and 1 Black ACR with Red Driver Stripe. However, the table lists 58 Black ACRs. Hence, I assume the 1 should be a 7. This assumption could be totally mistaken, for the table and graphics do not concur for any of the ACRs shown.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A sign of the times. The opening address is from Chris Marshall, not Michael Accavitti--director Dodge and SRT Marketing Communications. Also gone is the column by Kipp Owen, director of Street and Racing Technology. I wonder if these guys still have jobs? Looks like maybe Dodge is getting ready for the break away from Viper.

Bill

Wow- I thought I was the only one to notice that. Looks like Dodge is putting some distance between itself and the VCA. I knew they had to cut 5000 white collar folks, I wonder how many SRT folks will be lost!

PBR

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow- I thought I was the only one to notice that. Looks like Dodge is putting some distance between itself and the VCA. I knew they had to cut 5000 white collar folks, I wonder how many SRT folks will be lost!

PBR

Paul---this stuff kind of got lost in the discussion. I thought it was more important than how many of the various colors were made, etc. I was surprised others didn't comment. Probably should have started a new thread.

Bill

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Any idea if the viper mag. is available for purchase locally at a bookstore? I am going to subscribe but I hate waiting 4-6 weeks for the first issue. S.A.,TX.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32