Bet you can not guess what Viper Wheels these are.

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D :cool: :2tu:

I just got through putting these cool wheels on my RT/10. People really liked them. They could not figure out what wheel manufacturer made them.

Dennis Kimball

You must be registered for see images

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Those look great! And I'm not usually a fan of many aftermarket wheel styles! But those look tasteful, bold, and strong. The curves echo the Gen 1+2 body style.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dennis,

I'll take a wild stab at it...It was manufactured by DC for the late model Gen II Viper and machined by BZ Manufacturing, Inc.. The same machine shop that did the lug nuts and these valve covers. Your company does beautiful work.

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay tuned.....Ted May at Valaya is trying to make this an inexpensive upgrade available to all. The lug nuts are already available for Vipers and Corvettes through Valaya Racing, and Partsrack , and Sean Roe Racing, and the Viper Store.
The liability issue is something we are working on. We had the rear wheel tested, with one Ted had lying around, and they put 2,000 pounds on the hub hanging out on a 6 foot pipe and ran it through 100,000 cycles to see if the center will break out. It passed ;-) I need to test a front wheel now. Ted said he will give me one by tuesday to mill and test.

Vic thanks for the tasteful critique. I tried all kinds of designs on my cad, and I chose to go with curves and humps to compliment the Viper style. I was trying all kinds of jagged shapes, and they did not do anything for me. I just got through putting 600 miles on my car this past weekend up in the Lake Tahoe mountains, and they worked great. Still I want to get them tested, and we will probably still recommend not to use them on the track.

Dennis Kimball

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice indeed. Now if they only came in 19" front and 20" rear, that would be even more awesome to fill those wheel wells!

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil,

The lug nuts are available at Partsrack, Valaya Racing, Sean Roe Racing, and the Viperstore

Dennis Kimball

If someone could give me wheel blanks in 19 and 20 inch , I would gladly make all kinds of custom designs. I just can not machine those diameter wheel blanks from the beginning.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I am shocked as well - those do look great, now the
question is; can you offer these for significantly
less than the cost of new aftermarkets? (I mean if
it's going to run $2500 per set I think I'd rather
save up for Forgelines or BBSs.)

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit that wheel design is visually striking. Love at first site and really starting to grow on me.
Nice Job!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had the rear wheel tested, with one Ted had lying around, and they put 2,000 pounds on the hub hanging out on a 6 foot pipe and ran it through 100,000 cycles to see if the center will break out. It passed ;-)

[/QUOTE]

So that is what Ted does with his spare time! No wonder it takes him so long to come to the phone.

OP
OP
G

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edmonton GTS, You are a funny guy. Good thing Ted does not ever read this stuff . ;-) Actually ET Wheels in Hayward , CA tested them. Gerald, You are correct. I mapped the 2 different dish patterns out and then in 2D planned on the shapes I wanted and then let the computer 3D lay it into the dish pattern. The accent stripes were actually the hardest to come out even, because the stock wheels are not all the same. I can just probe the top surface while it is in the machine if I ever do these in any quantity.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got Venom,

Apperantly great minds do think alike...

I have the exact same design on the same wheel laying arround my office.

My setback was the fact that I was told it would cost something ridiculous to have them approved for sale. So I never acted on it, how are you able to get arround the 30k or whatever it is per wheel to test.

Now here is the important question, how much weight were you able to shave off!!!

racewheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a cornering fatigue test costs less than 300,
also, if the applied load was 2000lb, it's a little on the low side for the application, if you were to make more it wouldnt hurt to retest at a higher load and for longer duration. nicley done though

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got Venom, Just jokin about Ted! He is actually spending alot of time these days to rebuilding my Roe Supercharged car. He is even putting Comp Coupe brakes on it, along with the penske shocks, and tons of other nifty racer stuff.

Your wheels look great and if the workmanship is anything like the Lethal valve covers I have, then anybody who gets them from you will be very happy.

Steve