Black with clear bra

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got black viper and am dreading the upkeep associated with a black car. Had one before then went to silver and now to black again. Its alot of work. My ???? is what do you think about getting the black polished professionally as best as possible and then installing 3M or ventureshield on most of car? My basic install (front & up hood, mirrors, cutouts behind wheels) is about $700. Installer will do whole car for about $2k. Will this pretty much eliminate my concerns about swirls and make for a less time consuming cleaning?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't say I know anything about professional polishing...just know that we have the BLACK SRT-10, and have NEVER WASHED it with soap/water. We use the California duster to lightly brush off the dust, then detail spray w/ NEW microfiber cloth each time...we have been told our car is the SHINIEST black people have seen~~! Of course, we wax the car twice a year too. It's up to you of course~~~!
We have no troubles....juli
(BUGS: Use unscented SOAKING WET dryer sheets to wipe off, then detail spray, as it leaves a residue, and wipe with microfiber cloth! *MAGIC*)

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got black viper and am dreading the upkeep associated with a black car. Had one before then went to silver and now to black again. Its alot of work. My ???? is what do you think about getting the black polished professionally as best as possible and then installing 3M or ventureshield on most of car? My basic install (front & up hood, mirrors, cutouts behind wheels) is about $700. Installer will do whole car for about $2k. Will this pretty much eliminate my concerns about swirls and make for a less time consuming cleaning?

You may want to look at what Ventureshield looks like on black paint. If it looks anything like it does on my stripes, I don't think you would like it all over the car. Too much orange peel in my opinion. Granted I bought it for the protection, but I'm not crazy about the look very close up.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I really do not think you want to do the entire car as the film does not look as good as paint.

I would get the car polished as good as possible and then learn how to wash and dry your car properly. You also want to invest in good towels for maintaining and drying your car. On black you will probably also want to keep it Zaino'd up real good and pick up a leaf blower to dry your car. When it has a good coat of Zaino or wax it will blow dry real easy and nice then all you have to do is hit the few remaining spots with a quality soft waffle weave towel.

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I highly recommend ClearMask film for you car. It is a 3M film but the industrial grade... virtually no orange peel. I have been installing it for years and its a great product. Contact Jim at Clearmask.com and he can refer you to a good local installer.

I am a little confused about one thing though, are you wanting to wrap the entire car or are you saying a full install (hood/fenders/bumper/mirrors/lights/rocker panels/rear splash well) is what you are getting? I just do not see any reason to wrap the entire car. But that just my two cents...

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a black 04 Mamba. Found a company out of Fl called F.A.S.T., they have great detailing products including washes, waxes, and speed detailer...great stuff! My car has a mirror finish after just one time around.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a black Mamba, and I went with the Avery film because there was no orange peel to it, check with the installer, he should be able to show you sample pieces of different films. I would not do the entire car, I think you will be disappointed with the look regardless of the quality of the film.....as far as taking care of the black paint, sell it now unless you plan on spending a great deal of time working with it. You can get them to look awesome, but it was too much work for me to enjoy driving the car