Blown rear end and no one has one...???

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I just got the call from my viper certified dodge dealer and they said " we have ordered your "rear end" for you 2008 Viper, but unfortunitly there aren't any depots that have one and I just talked with my parts guy and he says its on back order along with another."

How can dodge do this? There are easily enough Gen 4's out there that dodge should have some spare parts on hand. Instead they tell me its on back order and won't be in from a week to a year? I am starting to understand how they are going under. My mom says well its a high end car. Ok if I had a 2008 Mercedes SLR Im sure there would be one on its way tomorrow.

Any way.... If any one knows where I could get one or if they have an aftermarket solution I would be greatly appreciative. Even though its under warranty and free I would still rather pay and have my car back in a week instead of week'(S).

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the right time to upgrade to a complete Quafie diff. Sure those are in stock somewhere.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
curious what happened to the rear end and how many miles are on the car?im sure you will be back on the road soon

Reaction score
I have the BRAND new one out of my personal 08' car 12 miles on it if you need one fast. I was keeping it for a spare, but if you can't get one local let me know and we can work it out.

:2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the BRAND new one out of my personal 08' car 12 miles on it if you need one fast. I was keeping it for a spare, but if you can't get one local let me know and we can work it out.

:2tu:

:clap2::bigok: WOW... Helluva' gesture Mark...

OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thats a very good posibility. I will be giving you a call today Mark. Right now im on hold with dodge trying to work out me buying one from an individual and them paying me back. Thanks for all your help for a min. I thought I was out on my own kind of feeling depressed, but now I see. Thx again ya'll are pretty great people even though you make fun of my driving occasionally..
Nemo

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a week to a year?! I would start looking into the Lemmon Laws in your area. If the car is going to be out of service over 30 days, you may have a case.

Mark at Woodhouse, that is a very very nice gesture! The next time I'm looking for something for my '08, you're my first call.:2tu:

OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its already been outa service for a month this friday. The just found out the rearend was shot last friday.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't lay out any money to Dodge that I couldn't afford to lose. They don't pay their bills already. Including referal fees to VCA members.:mad:

Reaction score
I'm trying to get it picked up for him and brought to me. I can get parts and actually repair the diff if we have to or I can give him mine until his comes in. :2tu:

OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like Mark said he is working this all out for me. A+ type of guy....... The dealer its been at said when the half shaft snaped it created a balance issue that put a crack in the housing. ( keep in mind thats what they said) Then they told me that they don't repair that kind of thing they just replace the whole part. idk stupid dealer they are. from now on woodhouse is the way to go.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, My comment was not directed toward you or Bill. I know Woodhouse will do whatever they can for their and sometimes other customers.:2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Blown rear end and SOMEONE has one...???

Jon B @ partsrack.com for used or aftermarket.

Call JonB at Parts Rack. I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

Thanks Guys

We in fact have TWO in stock, one with 7 delivery miles and one with 1,100.

{Nemo's car has 15,000 miles}

We have been able with the OLD Chrysler to provide warrantee parts for reimbursement to you or the dealer, via warrantee admin..... I have provided NEMO more info on this.

If the rebuild labor and parts can be done under warrantee, we will also swap you a 3:55 for the new-in-box 307 and some money......

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lol Cop Magnet your not lying. Ok guys not that any of you care but I wanted to make some things right on here. When I first asked for help they told me go to John B at PARTS RACK and I did. "HE HAS BEEN MORE THAN HELPFUL ON HELPING THIS NEWBEE FIGURING OUT THINGS" I didn't know who to call, who to talk to, or were to go and John simply told me call Dodge talk to the people tell them that I have a rear end here and will send it to the dealer they send me the old one end of story. Well in a perfect world that would have worked but this is the new era dodge we're talking about. So they told me "Sir go ahead and buy whatever you want we won't warranty it, or remburse you for the full amount." So I say ok thats fine I will wait give me a Srt 4,8,10 to drive so I have something fun to drive. She says "sir we can't let you have a car of that caliber." So im pissed! any way enough about the whohas on the phone. I then called my local dealer and they said call Mark J. So I did and he is going to take and rebuild it for me. Now to clear things up and not step on any toes (being young i can't afford to piss people off) John B was going to help me out and did help me out even though I didn't and haven't baught any thing from him, but the Dealer here said they couldn't take the takeoff rear end from john and Dodge said they couldn't do it so I am sending it to Mark J (who has been more than helpful) to get it rebuilt. for now.

Bottom line Parts Rack or Woodhouse Either are top notch people
and thx again John even though I didn't buy any thing from you for helpin me out

Rednels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im glad you are getting the help you need. I still really would like to know why your stuff has broken like it has. Makes me worry about the future of my 08 (only 2k miles on it now).

OP
OP
N

nemo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have a clue ....... But the Brains of the viper club will be the first to tell you its my driving. The clutch I could see but the rear end I just don't know. Good news though its free to get it fixed so I guess I just keep driving it the same and if it all blows again then it is my driving if not guess I just got a lemon. Hopefully I will be back in biz next week or how ever long it takes the woodhouse crew to rebuild the It.?????? no clue will keep ya'll posted

PS: the clutch has more miles on it now (driving by me) and is still strong so maybe there was an adjustment out of whack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950