Bought a set of t&d rockers...

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a great deal on them. Any issues with clearance? Yes I know I have to measure pr length.

What are my expected gains with a tune on top of my already mods? I currently have smooth tubes, k&n drop ins, high flow cats and Corsa cat back.

Last edited:

Stugots879

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the research I've done, the general consensus is roughly 18 rwhp...

From someone who has actually done the mod...how much of a difference is the idle?

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It all depends on your year model and the set you have. There are 5 differing types depending on the application. Gen 1-2 you MAY need to machine the rocker stands, modify the valve covers, get new pushrods or just bolt them on. Gen 3 you will need to get valve cover spacers and new pushrods. Gen 4-5 you need to machine the rocker stands and modify the valve covers.

On 1992-1999 cars we saw about (15rwp with 1.7 ratio). 2000-2013, no power gain without other mods, but better valvetrain life on race motors.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan

Why do you think we did not see more valve train failures on the Gen2's with stock rockers. They look like junk.

It all depends on your year model and the set you have. There are 5 differing types depending on the application. Gen 1-2 you MAY need to machine the rocker stands, modify the valve covers, get new pushrods or just bolt them on. Gen 3 you will need to get valve cover spacers and new pushrods. Gen 4-5 you need to machine the rocker stands and modify the valve covers.

On 1992-1999 cars we saw about (15rwp with 1.7 ratio). 2000-2013, no power gain without other mods, but better valvetrain life on race motors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960