Boy. Some people are so fickle.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Including me. There is now a 2014 black TA in my carport. It came into University yesterday. I went up and checked her out. I bought it today. No photos yet. Sorry. Thank you SRT. It is a spectacular car. I got a great deal.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
including me. There is now a 2014 black ta in my carport. It came into university yesterday. I went up and checked her out. I bought it today. No photos yet. Sorry. Thank you srt. It is a spectacular car. I got a great deal.

wow way to go bob! All the haters have tried to beat the crap out of you on every post and what do you
do but step up and spend well over 100k . Pretty cool. Enjoy it merry xmas

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Wanted and Merry Christmas to you. I think the best way to support SRT is with one's pocket book. Bean counters look at sales.

When I saw the car yesterday; sat in it; and heard the engine, it was love at first hiss. I know that I posted alot about the importance to me of the ability to modify, but this car is truely menacing. It looks and sounds fantastic. Its interior is on par with any car at any price. After a thorough inspection, I was unable to find any errors in fit and finish. Its handling is precision itself. I am going to break it in slowly - particularly the pads.

The biggest change for me is the clutch. It is about one fifth the effort of my former clutch. It will take some getting used to but I like it. It is easier on my knee.

Best, Merry Christmas and Felice Ano Nuevo!

Bob

wow way to go bob! All the haters have tried to beat the crap out of you on every post and what do you
do but step up and spend well over 100k . Pretty cool. Enjoy it merry xmas

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know most people have complained about not being able to modify the cars much. I knew that going into my ordered car, so it didn't bother me. Now that I've clicked off a 10-second pass in it, this sort of raises the question about the car really "needing" mods. Most people (current Viper owners included) would think a 10-second capable car is very fast. How many other cars achieve that with a $104K base MSRP? Only a small handful of cars can do it with an unlimited budget MSRP...

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I might as well start some trouble now. Black TAs are he fastest.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure you aren't the inaugural winner of the new, annual VCA defender award?:)

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No fair....black ACRs are speed limited by the wing or black ACRs would be fastest. Okay, Bob , I will settle this suit by saying black is faster.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hit it a teensy bit today. This thing is fast. Its cornering capability is remarkable. Now if I could only get my phone to stay paired.

The rear aero blocks the view a bit but the rear view camera and the side mirrors more than make up for it.

The shifter is the right height and it shifts very smoothly.

I am getting used to the change in steering wheel shape but I do like the increased thickness.

The car is a bit more effort to get in and out of. Not too much but it is more.

I showed it to about ten different people today from diverse backgrounds and jobs. They were all blown away by the car. The design; carbon fiber; interior;and, the general "badass" look.

The hood area near the release gets pretty hot so if you are going to pull the release to show the engine after a run, you might want to get a rag or something unless you are trying to appear mucho macho.

There are TWO cup holders.OMG. The shock of it!!! I put my keys in one and my phone in the other one.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ffort to get in and out of. Not too much but it is more.
I showed it to about ten different people today from diverse backgrounds and jobs. They were all blown away by the car. The design; carbon fiber; interior;and, the general "badass" look.

If you wouldn't park it on the front lawn, you wouldn't have so many gawkers coming around.:)

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
funny that two cup holders IS the most exciting.

Congrats on the new car.

For now I am good with a very shallow single cup holder.

OP
OP
Bobpantax

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the most exciting. The large font is humor. The cup holder issue is part of a long and fun history with SRT about what a Viper should be or not be. You had to be there to get it. For many years the anti cup holder forces were strong and in the majority. LOL.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not many, Nissan GT-R is $99k, I ran 10.8 in mine....

I know most people have complained about not being able to modify the cars much. I knew that going into my ordered car, so it didn't bother me. Now that I've clicked off a 10-second pass in it, this sort of raises the question about the car really "needing" mods. Most people (current Viper owners included) would think a 10-second capable car is very fast. How many other cars achieve that with a $104K base MSRP? Only a small handful of cars can do it with an unlimited budget MSRP...