Broke down and took her out

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having been completely fed up with the winter here in NY, and having a few 40 degree days upcoming, I decided to take the Viper out. My neighbor graciously used his quad with plow to remove all the snow blocking the driveway where I store the beast. It was great to here those corsa's start up. (only took two tries, thought for sure the battery would be dead). Felt great to shift thru the gears. Never really drove the Vipers alot in the winter (esp. the vert) ..darn these things rattle and squeak alot. Sounds like something is loose in the passenger rear(how do you get to that top shock bolt again?). It quiets down a bit as she warms up. Still i think it needs to be checked out. Anyway, had her out for about an hour drive...spring can't come soon enough.:2tu:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our streets are covered in Salt and Sand. I will be starting it up and let it run for a while this week.

Bruce

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had mine out too (read my updated about getting my new battery in the "Odd Start" thread). Yep, when very cold, with the old battery, took a 2nd try and tip 'o the throttle to get her to idle, then she settled in. Yes, LOTS of rattles and squeaks, but it was fun to drive her!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car has been stuck at Chucks since November. Hopefully going to get it home this week. 08 plus hood and freshly sprayed from bumper. Cant wait.

Nothing wrong with driving it in the winter. Just be careful and dont get into the throttle too much.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car has been stuck at Chucks since November. Hopefully going to get it home this week. 08 plus hood and freshly sprayed from bumper. Cant wait.

Nothing wrong with driving it in the winter. Just be careful and dont get into the throttle too much.

Man watch those ***-holes!! They are brutal here in our area.

Hey guys, nice to here from you. Sure wish it was august and we were cruising to Oakland's in the Hamptons. You guys going to be at NJMP for the NE rendevous

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There talking 50ties hear in Chicago by end of week. Problem is, lots and lots of snow to melt which will be a mess.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not alone. Felt a little guilty but not really any salt on the roads here. Just had to watch the *** holes. Felt awesome to be driving her though. 37 days until spring.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine back from the dealer for some pre-warranty expiration work, and drove it home the day after it iced over in Dallas. Been driving it all week in 15F weather, no issues. Just gotta be careful when I saw the ice patches under the bridges. Love my Invo's :D

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey buddy. Good to hear from you also. I miss my car dearly and cant wait to get it back. I am definitely going to NJMP. I just have to book my room. I am thinking that I will stay in AC, rent a garage at the track and just take the bus back and forth.

I am hoping to find some 6 spokes or ACR rims and sport cups before then.

Hey guys, nice to here from you. Sure wish it was august and we were cruising to Oakland's in the Hamptons. You guys going to be at NJMP for the NE rendevous

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No problems like that in central Arizona.

80 degrees the past few days,,even seven Vipers showed up at the Scottsdale car show last saturday. Normally, you might see one or two there, but the great weather brings out the snakes.

:drive:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took mine out for a bit today. Plenty of salt/sand on the secondary roads but the highway was clear. The temps hit the mid 50s and the sun was out so....

Add another 75 to the O meter... ;)

(I really gotta stop posting in this forum)

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
70 today here in Central Va...took the GTS to the store about two miles from home.Felt so good driving her. Tomorrow wife and i are going for a good drive.Can't wait! :drive:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
70 today here in Central Va...took the GTS to the store about two miles from home.Felt so good driving her. Tomorrow wife and i are going for a good drive.Can't wait! :drive:

Drove mine to work today (about 12 miles each way). Sure felt great.

Funny that with my SRT, the battery is almost dead after a couple weeks between starts. My GTS would go a month or more and start right up.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove mine to work today (about 12 miles each way). Sure felt great.

Funny that with my SRT, the battery is almost dead after a couple weeks between starts. My GTS would go a month or more and start right up.

I try to start both the GTS and the gen 1 at least once or twice a week and drive them back and forth in the driveway just to help keep the juices flowing (mine and theirs) ..but i drive on the roads every chance i get.So far no battery issues. Winter *****! :drive:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive: Took my baby out last night :2tu:

It was Valentines day, Gave the missus a card and flowers then said goodbye I'm going out :D

Went to the ACE Cafe in north London, the roads were mainly dry but cold, no snow here at the moment but by the time I got home the car is filthy! Need to do a lot of cleaning now :smirk:

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Likely due to modern electronics? Current draw while sitting, storing memorary data? :dunno:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WWWWAAAAAAAYAYYYYYYYYY to much salt, calcium chloride, and crap on the roads here yet. We have the same problem someone stated earlier, A LOT of snow melting with the warm temps so the roads are really sloppy as well. Would be a rough drive anyway, as we have a ton of frost heaves that have yet to go down.

Until things improve, I'm afraid the toys will just have to stay on their battery tenders in comfort, the "toy" garage as well as the shop at home are both heated at least.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going to be warmer all week and 60+ here in New York on Friday and cooling down for the weekend.
Hope we get a lot of melt.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Kelly, this doesn't seem right, especially as new as your car is. I just replaced my old battery in my 2003 last Saturday (see my "Odd Start" thread). The old one was a few years old, some Autozone special, so on the recommendation of some here, put the DieHard in. We'll see how she starts on Saturday, but even the old one started right up (then died:rolleyes: until the restart - then she was fine). I keep mine in sleep mode, as I can't use a tender. Check that you don't have some unusual draw somewhere.

That being said, another nice weekend is forecast here for the Philadelphia area, so she's going out again!!

Scott

Jimbos1980

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its going to be nicer this week here but still too much salt/sand on the roads. Ive decided that Ill take it out in late April after we have had a couple of good hard rains to clear everything.
One small Q that I had came up as I was at the Illinois VCA Winterfest party this weekend. Had a terrific time as expected but got to talking shop with a couple and stated that I have factory fill in the 09 Coupe yet w/165 miles. I was planning on changing the oil the day I take the car out for the first time but was recommended that I dont change until at least 500 miles as the factory adds an additive to the oil to assist in break-in. I dont doubt that he's incorrect at all but can anyone confirm this?:eek:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly, this doesn't seem right, especially as new as your car is. I just replaced my old battery in my 2003 last Saturday (see my "Odd Start" thread). The old one was a few years old, some Autozone special, so on the recommendation of some here, put the DieHard in. We'll see how she starts on Saturday, but even the old one started right up (then died:rolleyes: until the restart - then she was fine). I keep mine in sleep mode, as I can't use a tender. Check that you don't have some unusual draw somewhere.

That being said, another nice weekend is forecast here for the Philadelphia area, so she's going out again!!

Scott

Seemed odd to me too. I don't arm the alarm, as it's in a locked garage and there's usually a car parked behind it. I need to look into the sleep mode and see if that helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960