Buffers?

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of buffers are you guys using on your car - random orbital or the variable speed type? I know that the random orbital is safer, but does it produce results?

Also, what brand of buffer do you use? Thanks....Kurt

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the ramdom orbital buffer 6 inch, single speed. works fine. dont it on black and dark blue, no problems.

I want to find a cordless, rechargable batery opperated buffer. Anyone know of one???

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SLITHRN:
dont it on black and dark blue, no problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done it on black and dark blue? or DON'T do it on black and dark blue???

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:
Done it on black and dark blue? or DON'T do it on black and dark blue???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry,

I have use the buffer on both a black Rt/10 and Dark Sapphire blue GTS and works great, nice shine

VEETENN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The random orbit polisher that Meguiars sells is a very good unit but you can buy it at about half the price Meguiars sells it for at one of the discount tool places on the internet. It is simply the Porter Cable polisher. If you use Zaino products you do not need the polisher it is easier and better buy hand.

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the Porter Cable unit, good deals on internet, best polisher. No need to use it with Zaino, but using it with 3M's Swirl Remover will produce a finish that will amaze you. Easily removes fine scratches and swirl marks.

Then hand apply Zaino.

The Porter Cable unit is identical to the one Griots Garage offers, but buying it through Griots is more expensive than it needs to be.

OP
OP
K

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm leaning towards the Porter Cable 7428 polisher. It has adjustible wheel dial and trigger speed. Just trying to find the "best" deal....Kurt
smile.gif

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a LOW speed orbital(2600 orbits/min), 10 inch buffer.
I use it to buff off the thin Zaino Z2 residue for a superb shine. Change the pads frequently as they collect the residue, like any cloth.
I use it with little or no pressure and primarily to reduce 'elbow grease'. I like the microfiber buffing bonnets.
Later,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc