Buyers BEWARE of this CAR

V10 PIMP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay so on August 11, 2009 his got hose and oil cooler, disc rotor brake front, and pressure plate ass, clutch at 4000 miles. On September 3, 2009 its shows engine repair. On October 8, 2009 it shows d9010102 - Engine, Complete - 8.4L engine, February 9, 2010 it had a battery, and April 30, 2010 it shows a Front shock absorber and wiper arm cover.

I WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR BEING WRONG, THERE WAS ONLY ONE ENGINE REPLACEMENT. IM SORRY MR MCNEIL, OR CAN I CALL YOU DAVE SINCE YOU TRIED TO RAM IT UP MY @$$ WITHOUT LUBE.:lmao:

Did Arrow replace the engine?I wonder if they have more info on the car....can't be that many 08 ACR's needing a engine replacement with 4000 miles on the clock:crazy2:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well one way to look at the engine replacement is that at least you're getting a brand spanking new engine with the car. That's not a bad thing is it? :dunno: I mean its better than getting the car with the bad engine. Of course you are correct to run away from this car and the seller. Seems like a real D-bag.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. It's such a good reminder that no matter what level of income or walk of life you just cann't trust people. What the heck is wrong with honesty? Tell it how it is and live life with fewer regrets.
Sorry to hear you went through such a mess. He owes you at least half that plane ticket in my book!;)

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man. What a crook. Its too bad you cant post warnings on his Ebay add to warn others he's a scammer. I had a similar situation this year when I was looking for my 05. I flew out to Vancouver ( 1000 miles ) with the intent of driving it home. Car only had 5000 kms on it. I was assured it was perfect and of course the car had a clean carfax. Dealer told me the car was never hit, never repainted etc etc. Assured me it was perfect in every way. I get there and the first thing I notice is the bumper is too perfect. Not one chip. I look underneath and the idiots still had masking tape covering up the areas they taped off when it got repainted. They lied about it and then finally admitted they had the bumper repainted. By the time I was done going over the car it became apparent that the entire car had been repainted. It had a short shifter on it and an aftermarket exhaust that they claimed to know nothing about. ( I was told it was 100% stock ) I nearly punched the guy but left before it got ugly and then had to fly back home again without Viper. I ended buying from a trusted VCA MEMBER who had a great reputation and did in fact know Jon B as well as many others who highly recomended the car and knew the car. Bought it site unseen and it was perfect when it got here. Sorry for your problems but it sounds like you got the right car in the end.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good read! Glad it only cost the price of the airline ticket and you were able to move on to a good car. Hopefully, you saved someone on the board by posting your experience. Congrats on the new ACR!:2tu:

Bill

MARKL488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ran a chrysler service history at 4,000 miles the car had a complete engine replaced at Allen Samuels dealership also had a clutch & pressure plate replaced and a engine oil cooler hose replace @ the same mileage and @ 5,500 miles had a front shock and a wiper arm replaced this car is absolutly being mis-represented

dwmcniel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, what a bunch of bad information…. This car has the VERY SAME engine in it that it left the factory with – period! (Call Dodge, their VIN stamped) Regardless what 85 of 200 is saying here on the VCA… Unfortunately his informant has miss-led him with bad information… Dodge did repair (under warranty) a problem with the # 5 cylinder. My local Dodge dealer removed the engine and sent it back to Dodge / Arrow Racing (the engine manufactory) for the repair and back in the car no problems…. All this can be verified exactly as I’ve said at any local Dodge service center… Unfortunately the rest of the post by 85 of 200 is only about 50-percent accurate… Anyone that knows me from the Viper Community knows I’m not out to screw over anyone… And I don’t appreciate some polisher telling folks that my membership with the VCA is unfortunate….

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, what a bunch of bad information…. This car has the VERY SAME engine in it that it left the factory with – period! (Call Dodge, their VIN stamped) Regardless what 85 of 200 is saying here on the VCA… Unfortunately his informant has miss-led him with bad information… Dodge did repair (under warranty) a problem with the # 5 cylinder. My local Dodge dealer removed the engine and sent it back to Dodge / Arrow Racing (the engine manufactory) for the repair and back in the car no problems…. All this can be verified exactly as I’ve said at any local Dodge service center… Unfortunately the rest of the post by 85 of 200 is only about 50-percent accurate… Anyone that knows me from the Viper Community knows I’m not out to screw over anyone… And I don’t appreciate some polisher telling folks that my membership with the VCA is unfortunate….

Remarkable how the mind of an unethical person works.

Apparently:
  1. You knowingly misrepresented the condition of your Viper (some call that lying).
  2. You knowingly misrepresented the repairs made to your Viper (some call that lying).
  3. You knowingly misrepresented the use of your Viper (some call that lying).
  4. You knowingly encouraged a VCA member to expend time and money to investigate and purchase your Viper, despite your misinformation.
  5. You knowingly reneged on the price you agreed upon with the buyer.
Frankly, I'm pleased that my comments aren't appreciated by someone of such high ethics ... even if you didn't comprehend my meaning. You're not shown as a VCA member. In my experience with VCA members, we go out of our way to help one another. That's a FAR CRY from what you've exhibited here.

Last edited:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It ***** typing on the iPhone but looks like the viper gods helped my grammar :)

You did that on an iPhone?!? I heard the cry from your fingers all the way in CT. :D

I was going to edit 85's original post too, thinking folks wouldn't bother with the long read. But YOU TYPED THAT ON YOUR CELL PHONE!!!:omg:

Kudos for that effort. That post is "Shakespearean" for touch type. Put's my typical "b hine a kottle latr hiney" messages to shame! LOL

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will admit. Ive purchased a few cars sight unseen, and everything has always went well. But those days are behind me. I would never do it again. I also had a "near miss" on a 97GTS myself, But got out of it in time.. This absolutely *****.. He clearly knew there was warranty work done, and when asked said no. Case closed.

the sad thing is. If all this was represented properly. He could probably sell it. Maybe not to 85of200, and maybe not for $75k. But someone would buy it for someplace in the 70's. Now the reputation of the car is shot to death. I would wholesale this thing to carmax and be done with it.

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FWIW...

I know 85 of 200 personally. There is no doubt in my mind that he is telling the truth. There isn't a more honest and straightforward guy around.....

Plus... Knowing his profession, and love of cars, I know the statements are accurate.

Again, FWIW IMO...

usurbrain

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also know him, seeing how I bought #85 out of 200 from him. I flew out to see him and he didn't misrepresent the car at all. He helped me get a carfax, drove the car to Jerry Dobson to get inspected, and video taped the car and showed me all the flaws that would be noticeable, which were very minimal. I'm far less anal than him. I'm glad my transaction with him went well. I'm curious to see the response of this ACR seller of what he claims is untrue.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree there are always two sides to every story and I welcome you to post the 50% Im leaving out. I was very careful just to put the story as it occured. I didnt do this to make you look like a fool. I did it to save others from wasting their money. There are to many scammers out there trying to screw people. The fact is everything I stated is what happened, I didnt add any BS. (Which is unlike me:)) Please tell me where I misrepresented this. Im dieing to know.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just want to add that the engine, if was rebuilt/repaired from Arrow, could be a positive selling point as Arrow has a good history in making factory engines better after warranty work.

MARKL488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What events led up to the engine failure, and what else was damaged that has not showed up yet? The story needed to be clear from the start

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the car? I took these at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson at a track event back on 6-6-09.

You must be registered for see images

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to add that the engine, if was rebuilt/repaired from Arrow, could be a positive selling point as Arrow has a good history in making factory engines better after warranty work.

On an older Gen 1/2 with mileage, maybe.... Not on a 75-80k 1 year old ACR with 5k miles on it. Its a deal breaker, and would be a deal breaker for me as well.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On an older Gen 1/2 with mileage, maybe.... Not on a 75-80k 1 year old ACR with 5k miles on it. Its a deal breaker, and would be a deal breaker for me as well.

All I'm saying is that, if it's me, I'd list everything good/bad/questionable about the Viper but I wouldn't be afraid to list "Arrow Engine Rebuild" or "Arrow Engine Warranty Work". But that's just me. In the end, for an $80K car or ANY car for that matter, I think the facts about the car must be clear and present in the ad...Full Disclosure IMO.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the car? I took these at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson at a track event back on 6-6-09.

I think so, its the same plate that was on the car when I looked at it.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What doesn't add up to me is why anyone would purposely hide the fact that warranty work was done on a car. That doesn't quite make sense to me, and I don't know why anyone would bother to try and hide it. Also, why try to hide an Arrow engine rebuild? To be honest, I'd be a bit psyched if my engine needed to go to Arrow for a full rebuild. What you get back is a lot better than what comes from the factory. If things played out the way they've been presented, there's likely more going on with that car than what's been uncovered so far.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that, if it's me, I'd list everything good/bad/questionable about the Viper but I wouldn't be afraid to list "Arrow Engine Rebuild" or "Arrow Engine Warranty Work". But that's just me. In the end, for an $80K car or ANY car for that matter, I think the facts about the car must be clear and present in the ad...Full Disclosure IMO.

I agree but for me the engine would be a deal breaker in this case knowing the car was tracked.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANY car for that matter, I think the facts about the car must be clear and present in the ad...Full Disclosure IMO.

This begs the question:

Would you buy a used Viper, that had legitimate warranty repairs done from a seller who did not practice full disclosure?

If I could afford to avoid such a situation (i.e., the price was not seriously discounted) I'd spend every driven mile in that Viper worrying about all else of which I was unaware.

But I'm heading a bit off topic.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This begs the question:

Would you buy a used Viper, that had legitimate warranty repairs done from a seller who did not practice full disclosure?

If I could afford to avoid such a situation (i.e., the price was not seriously discounted) I'd spend every driven mile in that Viper worrying about all else of which I was unaware.

But I'm heading a bit off topic.

No, I would not buy it if full disclosure wasn't in full effect. You're definitely on-topic and I think you have valid points.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, I agree 100%. Full disclosure is a must. For some it might be ok, the engine being replaced. For me, it wouldnt. But now pictures surface of the car lettered up at the track? wow. that is crazy..

This is why people buy new cars. Look at all the history this car has, and its only 1-2 years old, with 5k miles.. insane.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man. What a crook. Its too bad you cant post warnings on his Ebay add to warn others he's a scammer. I had a similar situation this year when I was looking for my 05. I flew out to Vancouver ( 1000 miles ) with the intent of driving it home. Car only had 5000 kms on it. I was assured it was perfect and of course the car had a clean carfax. Dealer told me the car was never hit, never repainted etc etc. Assured me it was perfect in every way. I get there and the first thing I notice is the bumper is too perfect. Not one chip. I look underneath and the idiots still had masking tape covering up the areas they taped off when it got repainted. They lied about it and then finally admitted they had the bumper repainted. By the time I was done going over the car it became apparent that the entire car had been repainted. It had a short shifter on it and an aftermarket exhaust that they claimed to know nothing about. ( I was told it was 100% stock ) I nearly punched the guy but left before it got ugly and then had to fly back home again without Viper. I ended buying from a trusted VCA MEMBER who had a great reputation and did in fact know Jon B as well as many others who highly recomended the car and knew the car. Bought it site unseen and it was perfect when it got here. Sorry for your problems but it sounds like you got the right car in the end.

This just points out that good deals CAN HAPPEN.
Nothing but the fullest of disclosure about the car- and the extras that went with it to sweeten an already good deal. Try to buy from a VCA Member, and still check with your contacts!

$450 was money well spent in this case:headbang:

PBR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21