C6 looks like SRT 10 latest spy pics!

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the design was inspired by the C3 Vette and the Callaway Corvettes of the late '90's.

Look Familiar????

You must be registered for see images

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

look familiar?
Yeah they both have 4 tires. Give me a freaking break!!! Just because your upset you spent your money on a SRT-Vette oops I mean a SRT-10 instead of a GTS.

Hey "You Wish" is that bottom picture your GTS! Nice!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting tie-in to the Callaway styling Mopar.:D

Also this is interesting news (if true) from Automotive Design and Production Magazine:

On page 24 of the November issue it states
"When Chevrolet rolls out the 6th gen Corvette at the North American Inter. Auto Show in January, the Gen 4 V8 will have a reported 405 hp, the same as the current Z06. Insiders at both GM and suppliers say the Z06 will have an even 500hp, but will not be the most powerful Corvette. That prize will belong to the limited production ZL1 which is producing 625 hp in production trim. The Gen4 has thinner bore walls, stronger bulkheads, and retains the cast-in-place iron cylinder liners. The casting process includes a mechanically induced rapid chilling of the bulkheads to promote swift directional solidification of the aluminum and a fine grain structure , both of which improve dimensional stability. A composite barrel crank core replaces the current segmented barrel design, again for tighter and more consistant bore dimensions. The cores are screwed and glued together, the aluminum is pumped in rather than poured, and all the oil galleries are drilled and machined."

And supposedly the ZL-1 engine will be twin turboed and built by McLaren. And the body of the high-end model is supposed to be all carbon fiber.

We shall see if it's just a rumor or not soon enough.

Another Photoshop pic:

And yet even more info about those new C6 pics and the car.
(especially take note of the Bike Mike comments)
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=6c8fa01d2b4dab5d84cc539e53dc484c&threadid=5524&perpage=25&pagenumber=4

The SEMA SRT-10 Viper Carbon is a good indication that DC can build a competing car for the C6 Z06, and there would be some incentive to build an even faster Viper if the rumors of an "exotic" Corvette turn out to be true.

-Dean.

viperz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we a little Viper biased? Yah it looks like an SRT but heck we can agrue till we're all blue in the face. Let's see when we can actually see one for real.
Some of the comments are really getting out of hand.

Viper Z

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

look familiar?
Yeah they both have 4 tires. Give me a freaking break!!! Just because your upset you spent your money on a SRT-Vette oops I mean a SRT-10 instead of a GTS.

Hey "You Wish" is that bottom picture your GTS! Nice!
I have nothing against the SRT-10 but,when yout try to compare the ultimate Viper(GTS)to a piece of crap Vette I will get upset. :mad:

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Let's play the old Sesame Street game of "one of these do not belong here, one of these cars does not belong"

Can you pick out the car that does not belong here?

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT10,

To compare the GTS to that vette is really stretching it. Then again, you really must be blind, u bought the srt2000.

There is nothing wrong with modeling a car after another good looking car. What is bad, is to change the styling of a really beautiful car (gen i/ii viper) to something so bland and uninspiring as the SRT2000.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great one Monnieh! :D

I've said this one the other sections where matt posted this same thread.....It's still only a corvette! Mass produced, toy cars produced for the masses, compared to our Vipers. I wouldn't sweat it.

DC created a whole new relhm (SP?) when the Viper was slated and put together. It's something that a vette and the vette world can never match. DC has been ahead of the GM toy car and will stay ahead. A Gen III Viper is 500HP if GM goes 505HP, look for DC to go to 515HP, or 525HP. I think they will keep the lead. That's my .02 worth. ;)

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
monnieh,

Nice post/pics.... I bet I can pick the one that doesn't belong.... It has a 305 (yes it could have) or 350 motor and put out anywhere from 180 HP, to a ground pounding 230 HP. Hmmmm.... Which one could it be....

:D

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've said this one the other sections where matt posted this same thread.....It's still only a corvette! Mass produced, toy cars produced for the masses, compared to our Vipers. I wouldn't sweat it.

DC created a whole new relhm (SP?) when the Viper was slated and put together. It's something that a vette and the vette world can never match. DC has been ahead of the GM toy car and will stay ahead. A Gen III Viper is 500HP if GM goes 505HP, look for DC to go to 515HP, or 525HP. I think they will keep the lead. That's my .02 worth. ;)

I guess we will just have to see, if DC will up the ante, as for now there is no street legal comp coupe availible and soon there will be a Vette coupe with 500hp+. As for now DC is Shiit out of luck. DC is already behind in the LeMans series, will they let the street cars slip to?? It appears DC is focused on the compact world (Neon SRT4) than the almighty Viper. :D

What a grteat time to be an automible enthusiest. :2tu:

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget, the C6 Z06 will not be out until MY 2006. MY 2005 is the intro of the C6 but there will be no Z until the following year. More than enough time for DC to make a SRT coupe.

Chad

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was told by a higher(very) up at GM that the new vette was going really up the performance on the SRT(very reliable, very high up source). Although he was not specific on the differentiation between the models(base, ZO6, ZL1 ??). I just hope the PVO guys get that cam, engine controller, and exhaust on the way for my SRT!

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget, the C6 Z06 will not be out until MY 2006. MY 2005 is the intro of the C6 but there will be no Z until the following year. More than enough time for DC to make a SRT coupe.

Chad

No, the C6 is debuting in two months January 2004, on sale by March and on the road by May. The Z06 will be out a year later, 2005.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT10,

To compare the GTS to that vette is really stretching it. Then again, you really must be blind, u bought the srt2000.
CRATICA,
Oh I see...its "stretching it" compared to a Vette but its not "stretching it" comparing an SRT to an S2000?
Keep smokin that crack pipe CRATICA!

Stretching it..

or this..

Don't freak out
CRATICA when you look at the last 2 pics.
This is an SRT Forum and if you want to diss the SRT
go to the Corvette forum where you will feel at home!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar, MY means model year and the C6 will be debuting in model year 2005. I'm sure you know model year 2004 is already out. And then the Z will not debut until model year 2006. Of course, like all cars, the MY 2005 C6 will be available in the calendar year 2004.

Chad

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great comebacks SRT10 and BadAsp.

On the copying front you wonder if the copy comments could also be applied to the Cobra Daytona. It looks awfully close to the Ferrari.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess we will just have to see, if DC will up the ante, as for now there is no street legal comp coupe availible and soon there will be a Vette coupe with 500hp+. As for now DC is Shiit out of luck. DC is already behind in the LeMans series, will they let the street cars slip to?? It appears DC is focused on the compact world (Neon SRT4) than the almighty Viper. :D

What a great time to be an automobile enthusiast. :2tu:

Actually, I think that DC is doing fine (for now) as the SRT-10 is a performance match for the Porsche GT2 and Lamborghini Murcielago, and still quicker than the Z06 despite being a convertible.

So they are not behind yet, and the regular C6 is likely to be no faster than the current Z06.

So if they bring up the power level of the '05 SRT-10 Viper to 600HP like the SEMA car that will likely stay competitive with the upcoming C6 Z06. Especially if DC offers the carbon fiber SEMA parts and rollbars as a ACR package.

But I do believe that DC should just make the '06 ACR model a monster, with twin turbos and 750HP.
That would leapfrog all of the talk of other supercars (like the Ford GT and such) coming close to the Viper's performance. :shocked: :D :2tu:

-Dean.

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar, MY means model year and the C6 will be debuting in model year 2005. I'm sure you know model year 2004 is already out. And then the Z will not debut until model year 2006. Of course, like all cars, the MY 2005 C6 will be available in the calendar year 2004.

Chad

Correct, I thought you were implying that the C6 wouldn't be here until 2005, my bad. :)

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if they bring up the power level of the '05 SRT-10 Viper to 600HP like the SEMA car that will likely stay competitive with the upcoming C6 Z06. Especially if DC offers the carbon fiber SEMA parts and rollbars as a ACR package.

I agree but GM is stating the 500hp Z06 is not be the performance leader in the lineup but that another car (ZL1 perhaps) will take the crown.

Only yime will tell. :cool:

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SRT10,

As an artist, I can produce/manipulate and post various pics that will prove my point. However, that's not the real test. The real test is in the real world.

In the real world, you NEVER hear anyone on the street say, "hey, what is that, is that a corvette or a viper GTS? What you hear, is "WOW! IT'S A VIPER, it's AWESOME! WoW! Oh MY ..."

In the real world, you hear, "what is that?", "who knows, could be a honda, new camaro, vette, etc..." What you don't hear from the general public, is "OH MY GOSH, THAT MUST BE THE NEW VIPER SRT!"

In my opinion, (and EVERY single person I've spoke to in person, without fail, and this has been many) the new SRT is not considered a viper, it's an SRT. The only person I've every talked to (including Dodge sales people) who likes the styling of the SRT is my wife and she doesn't even care for cars!

End of story, the SRT fails miserably on styling.

Say what you want, in the real world, there is no doubt it fails to live up to the real Viper's in terms of recognition, desire, beauty and sex appeal.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Cratica who died and made you King? So your "real world" is the definitive real world? I think not. I have both versions (RT/10 and SRT) and feel reasonably qualified to offer an opinion on how people react. I would never (that is NEVER) say that my impressions represent the ENTIRE world as you do.

This topic has been debated for over a year here. It is clear that a portion of the Gen I/II Viper owners have strong feelings about the SRT. But they are a small minority of all the people in the real world. What I have found is that there are many people who thought the Gen I/II Viper was too cartoonish and that the SRT is much more of a real sports car. I have nearly 3000 miles of seat time in the SRT and feel that I have had the opportunity to see how onlookers react. I even had both cars at the Woodward cruise this summer which is I believe the largest population of car fanatics assembled each year. The reactions are quite similar. If anything the average age of the onlookers that scream out at the car has increased. But that is not a bad thing as the Gen I gets too many 13 year old boys attention and that is really not my focus.

So my end of story is that likes and dislikes are in the eye of the beholder. And that Gen I/II afficianados are not in a position to accurately determine the "recognition, desire, beauty and sex appeal" of the SRT from a wider audience. Too biased for that. And you prove that point well.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cratica--Since you don't own an SRT, you have no clue how people on the street react to it. If you don't like the styling, too bad! Maybe you should listen to your wife for a change!

SoFlaSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually,Cratica,in the real world the only folks that seem to prefer the styling of Gen I or II Vipers are those who actually own them as their only Viper. Everyone else I've spoken to including serious car buffs very much prefer the SRT's. I'm not sure which real world you've been living in.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper_SRT: well put! :2tu: It's useless to argue of course, as we'll just get another round of "it's so ugly OMG I hate it and so does everyone else I swear it's true because I want it to be and you really hate it too you're just so jealous of my pinnacle of automotive beauty that you're in denial" etc. etc. etc.

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first post on here, but I check it out a bunch. Spend all my time on corvetteforum.com and z06vette.com. The new c6 is based on the styling of the c3. It just so happens that the style (high fenders w/ a low hood line) is presend in the new viper too. The vette isn't copying the srt-10 at all. It's reverse... not copying, but the srt has many similar styling cues from the old c3.

BTW I take offense to someone earlier calling a vette a piece of crap. I love vipers, but I got a Z06 for $34,000. It runs 115 mph in the quarter (high 11 territory if I could hook) and will run around a road crourse as fast or faster than a GTS.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my first post on here, but I check it out a bunch. Spend all my time on corvetteforum.com and z06vette.com. The new c6 is based on the styling of the c3. It just so happens that the style (high fenders w/ a low hood line) is presend in the new viper too. The vette isn't copying the srt-10 at all. It's reverse... not copying, but the srt has many similar styling cues from the old c3.

BTW I take offense to someone earlier calling a vette a piece of crap. I love vipers, but I got a Z06 for $34,000. It runs 115 mph in the quarter (high 11 territory if I could hook) and will run around a road crourse as fast or faster than a GTS.

Take your $34000 and go back to the corvette forum.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SRT10,
In the real world, you NEVER hear anyone on the street say, "hey, what is that, is that a corvette or a viper GTS? What you hear, is "WOW! IT'S A VIPER, it's AWESOME! WoW! Oh MY ..."

In the real world, you hear, "what is that?", "who knows, could be a honda, new camaro, vette, etc..." What you don't hear from the general public, is "OH MY GOSH, THAT MUST BE THE NEW VIPER SRT!"

Cratica

I see that your still tokin on the crack pipe!

Cratica
talking to Youwish about the 2nd pic... "hey, what is that, is that a corvette or your viper GTS?"

Cratica
leaving the real world

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth