Camera Mount in a 2008

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on going to the Pocono event on May 26. Can anyone suggest how to mount a camera in an 08? thanks.

PJJP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would like a good mount as well.. Have not found any options that look good.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a chase cam camera mount in my evo. It's cool because it's a suction mount. It can mount to any smooth, hard surface. I put a miniDV camera on it. This is the mount:
ChaseCam Store - Window Mount, Triple Suction Cup Base

The only thing to make sure you do is tighten the camera down very ******* it or it will vibrate. I mount it on the inside of the car, passenger side windshield. The 6 suction cup one can be mounted outside. It's tested at 200+ mph! :2tu:

Here is a sample video: (high quality)
http://thelanderholms.com/movies/car_videos/4f1edb3d-9297-451c-b087-ddd7444b92d8.mp4
If you can't play mp4:
Stock Engine Evo IX Chasing Fast Porsche at Portla - Video

This mount should work on any care and can be moved around to back of the car or into other people's cars if they want to try it. It's very handy.
Good luck.

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your responses. I found this on the web and ordered one. Its looks good because there is a post, I think, to wedge between the dash and windshield. The suggested one above Chasecam with three cups looks good. I wish I saw that first.

Sticky Pod - Race Camera Mount
Sticky Pod Online Store

I don't think I'd want a 3 lb camera held with suction cups in a car on the track. It's one thing to have a 3oz chase cam stuck there and fly loose but another if it's a full size camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas