Can you drive the SRT without its sidesill???

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure it will work but without the car there I will worry about them being able to color match the sills to the car.

Luc.00GTS

OP
OP
B

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Luc,

I thought about that also, but if you ever look at a white mamba, all the panels look a different shade anyway, he even mentioned it when he did the estimate. The door panel looks brighter than the rear panel and so forth. He said that just i less coat of clearcoat could cause that, so I think the factory didn't do their job. Oh well at 150 it just looks white. :cool:

Brad

PS Luc, I still want to get to one of your events this year, I saw video of you guys at Reno, looks like a fun track, not too technical for us rookies and lots of run off.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad:

PM your adress and i will send you a flier with a 33% discount coupon.
We're going to be at Buttonwillow on July 2 and 3 and we should have quite a few Vipers.

Luc.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've drove without the sidesills several times to the muffler shop. I made the mistake of telling the muffler shop what the sidesills cost, but I had to remove the sec. cats anyway, as he wouldn't. Watch your leg getting out of the car, it'll third degree your leg.

At the time I had the skid plate, complete exhaust system, and side sills off the car. You would be amazed how much the chassis flexed while driving. Those three things off the car made it obvious how much of a part they play in chassis rigidity.

Skip White