Car and Driver Supertuner Shootout (sneak peek)

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LPE Vette fastest time was 11.59@ 136mph

LPE CTS-V fastest time 12.03@ 121mph :eek:

Looks like they invited Hennxxxxy to the party.

Fastest time was 10.96@ 142mph :eek:

You must be registered for see images

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Open Class "Road Coarse", is that anything like a "Road Course"?

Car and Driver, is this a magazine? :crazy:

Too bad they don't have spell check for a white board, oh never mind, it wouldn't work either.

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Car and Driver is a magazine. It also has it's own T.V. show on speed.

OP
OP
M

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That can't be a RICER WING on the blue Vette! HAHAHAHAHA LOL are they serious? Which 'tuner' did that crap!

That's the Mallet Car, that wing can only aspire to be the size of half the wings on this board. :laugh:

Functional or not the wing on the Vette and on the Vipers here just ruin the lines of the car. Only my opinion I know. :laugh:

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The EVO is impressive.

How do you look at that Group of Cars and decide to pick the EVO as being impressive??? :confused: :eek:

Closet RICER?! :p

I'm impressed. Look at the times it posted, and for little money. Tell you what.... I'm not a big fan of rice, I hate turbo lag and four cylinders engines, BUT, you can't deny those times and the great overall value of that car. Not to mention you could drive it year around in ANY weather and toss two people in the back seat. I just can't picture myself behind the wheel of a winged ****...

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The EVO is impressive.

How do you look at that Group of Cars and decide to pick the EVO as being impressive??? :confused: :eek:

Aside from probably being the cheapest car in the test, you just need to read the charts:

EVO: #1 in 0-60
#4 in road course time
#5 in total time (which in the last issue determines the winner)

So by your judgement, at least 12 out of the 16 cars are NOT impressive.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Aside from probably being the cheapest car in the test, you just need to read the charts:

#4 in road course time

[/QUOTE]

I Just messing with you a bit! :D
I just can't get myself to look at that group of cars and even think about the EVO dispite how it faired in the stats. But that's just me! :usa:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The EVO is impressive.

I'm impressed. Look at the times it posted, and for little money. Tell you what.... I'm not a big fan of rice, I hate turbo lag and four cylinders engines, BUT, you can't deny those times and the great overall value of that car. Not to mention you could drive it year around in ANY weather and toss two people in the back seat. I just can't picture myself behind the wheel of a winged ****...

Not so sure about little money? I hope they put the prices in the tests also.

A box with a big turbo and wing don' tdo it for me either! :p

I am anxious to see this article. :2tu:

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

#4 in road course time

[/QUOTE]

I Just messing with you a bit! :D
I just can't get myself to look at that group of cars and even think about the EVO dispite how it faired in the stats. But that's just me! :usa:

[/QUOTE]

No offense taken. I agree, the EVO doesn't look good, and the wing is obnoxious. I 'd much prefer the other cars in the test. But, it is remarkable that some crappy looking 4door can outperform the majority of cars in this test.

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That can't be a RICER WING on the blue Vette! HAHAHAHAHA LOL are they serious? Which 'tuner' did that crap!

That's the Mallet Car, that wing can only aspire to be the size of half the wings on this board. :laugh:

Functional or not the wing on the Vette and on the Vipers here just ruin the lines of the car. Only my opinion I know. :laugh:

Actually, thats the MTI vette. They are a well respected Chevy tuner. They prepared the car that won the One Lap of America last year.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually, thats the MTI vette. They are a well respected Chevy tuner. They prepared the car that won the One Lap of America last year.

...and it was the first and only lap the car completed that day ;)

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

...and it was the first and only lap the car completed that day ;)

At the Supertuner shootout? The board lists several times? What happened?

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would hate to street race that Volkswagon...

What was the final outcome? Seems as though the Lingenfeter vette has always won in the past. Viper needs to step up and represent.

JT

Cody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******] was 1st, LPE came in 2nd followed by RSI and MTI. Very exciting event, I can post alot more pics if anyone is interested. I think the issue is due out pretty soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456