Car Nickname

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The "Rail"! Because it handles like it's on one! Or "The Sled". Hmmm As I was just reading another thread where somebody left a nasty "hater" note on another members car that referred to the size of his junk, let that car now be known as "The Donger" (I hope you guys and gals remember that 80s movie 16 candles)

OP
OP
R

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just let the name happen. Best way. Sometime you will be driving it and you will say "Oh, ****..." or "Damn..." or "This thing is just an ______". Just something will pop out and that will be the right name!

For instance, I have a friend that got real mad one night when he was bowling and took his shirt off in anger. He was the hairest guy anyone had ever seen and someone yelled out "Fur Curtain" at the sight of his chest. It stuck and his nickname has been "Fur Curtain" ever since. Just let it happen...:D

Well George, it happened!! Her name is now "Moxie" - If anyone has ever seen Lost In Yonkers, thats where my wife and I both turned to each other and agreed, the Viper DEFINITELY has Moxie!!:headbang:

01rt10outlaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
always named my cars/trucks
my rt 10 red is Valerie or just Val
my f250 is Big ****
my f150 is Runner
boat name is Offshore Account

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "Rail"! Because it handles like it's on one! Or "The Sled". Hmmm As I was just reading another thread where somebody left a nasty "hater" note on another members car that referred to the size of his junk, let that car now be known as "The Donger" (I hope you guys and gals remember that 80s movie 16 candles)

Long Duc ****? Why the hell do we remember stupid stuff like that?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '02 ACR is named Elvira...because I figure that if Elvira Mistriss of the Dark (who also has beautiful curves) ever wore anything other than black, she'd wear a Graphite Metallic color. My '03 Mercedes SL500 Sport is named "Sadie", my '06 BMW 750Li is named "Penelope".

Regards,
Aaron

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '02 ACR is named Elvira...because I figure that if Elvira Mistriss of the Dark (who also has beautiful curves) ever wore anything other than black, she'd wear a Graphite Metallic color. My '03 Mercedes SL500 Sport is named "Sadie", my '06 BMW 750Li is named "Penelope".

Regards,
Aaron

Hey. Wait a minute!! :confused:

Yeah I know. Old thread. Can't remember that far back...

See below.

:D
My '02 ACR = Elvira (cause if Elvira Mistress of the Dark ever wore something other than black, it'd probably be Graphite Metallic and the GTS curves reminded me of her)

My SL500 Sport = Sadie

My BMW 750Li = Penelope, after Penelope Cruz....car is black (like her hair), loaded with options and such a refreshing drive...you can just sit there and it does all the work.

Next is either another Viper, a Hummer H1 and a Black Tie edition Prowler....I'm always thinking of appropriate names for each.

Regards,
Aaron

Canuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any new baby should have a name.

When mine was delivered (weighing 3,284 pounds, zero ounces, arriving a bit overdue), she didn't have a name for a few days.

Finally, it was decided that her name would be 'Vy'. It seemed appropriate for a Viper.

As a 1992, she was a bit red when she came home, but apparently are babies are like that when they first come out.

Adam2003

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine gets batmobile a lot when people sit in her.

When I take people for a ride its usually more like holly SH*T!!!! As they desperately reach for the oh sh*t handle.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is called Gen or Genny (pronounced Jen/Jenny)

...short for Generation1

I tell people my wifes name is Brenda and my girfriends name is Genny! :D

BoremViper97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find myself often saying ‘veeper’
Because many years ago I read a magazine article (remember those days?) about comparison with Lamborghini Diablo vs Dodge Viper,
And there’s two things I remember
1-they were showing off the Viper’s impressive torque by accelerating in 3rd gear from a standstill. So they tried the Diablo and it also succeeded. The test drivers were very impressed and said “the Diablo also has torque!”
2-the same article indicated that an Italian test driver pronounced Viper as ‘veeper’

So yeah I say Veeper (mostly just in my head)

Stag Stopa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Devil ZB II

You may heard of Wangan Midnight ... the unbeatble Datsun 240Z has the bad habit of crashing/killing but always being fixed/returning in this anime because the people are so addicted to it - and it is called Devil Z. Well, of course I'm not Akio Asakura, but my Viper also got into an Autobahn crash and I fixed it on my own (same addiction) ... only natural to use the platform designation ZB II of my 2010 Viper as funny (or not) nod in that direction :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210710_060526.jpg
    IMG_20210710_060526.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P8260143.JPG
    P8260143.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 6
  • P1180549.JPG
    P1180549.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 6

tednphx

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I name my cars after ex girl friends. Not going to tell the names of my current residents. Never know who's looking in.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Devil ZB II

You may heard of Wangan Midnight ... the unbeatble Datsun 240Z has the bad habit of crashing/killing but always being fixed/returning in this anime because the people are so addicted to it - and it is called Devil Z. Well, of course I'm not Akio Asakura, but my Viper also got into an Autobahn crash and I fixed it on my own (same addiction) ... only natural to use the platform designation ZB II of my 2010 Viper as funny (or not) nod in that direction :)

I know that feeling. At this point I almost feel like I should name mine Phoenix... Had one "off-road incident" that didn't hurt it too much, but left some noticeable "features" in the floor pans are required a new rear panel and bumper to fix. The other rebuilds have just been engine related after rod bearing issues. The first one I caught early enough to not do serious damage, but the second time around it shattered a rod. It will always get rebuilt though, I have no intention of ever selling the car.

Greg114

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, when I bought my 06 I got a license plate that said SNKYPT before it hit me that my gen was actually fangs...I so love Sneaky Pete and will own one of those gens too and I will have a STRYKER as I (d)evolve into gluttonous excessive behavior...?..but I digress... and I renamed my black roadster 06 to VDRVPR as tribute to my most favorite of parental figures, as well as powerful and influential people..with badass style. Anyway, don't let your wife name it whatever you do, it will always be yours and deserves a boss nickname. And most important don't let anyone let you think a man bun is ok. It's not. Not saying you would but if your asking your wife's opinion....

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RE: NAMES:

I had a 1963 Super Red R2 factory supercharged Studebaker Super Lark that was a notorious street racer in the mid-70's. It was known as "The Red Car."

The car in my avatar is "Bad Viper" which is the name of the previous owner's ID on the Viper forums. I believe he also had a plate that said that. So that must be its name? Both myself and Nadine UK use that name. Street racing days long, long gone, I don't know if anyone else I know are aware of that name. But I think that name has legs on the forums and perhaps for the previous owner's friends.

When young and buying car stuff, we always referred to an item we bot by the previous owner's name. Like I bot some 10" slicks from I think it was Kenny Dornan, when someone talked to me about them since I now owned them, they'd say, "what did you do with Dornan's slicks?" I wonder if that was a common thing? We used to joke about it back then.

I owned a red 2000 GTS before I got BV, and used to joke that while the Viper is a magical experience every time I drove it, it's sort of ironic that it too, was red. However the name The Red Car will always be the Larks - which I recently sold - I had the car for 52 years. And about 12 pickup truck loads of parts went with it.

viperBase1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the first 5 years, she was "The Orange Lure". Great Super Hero name.
Color is Very Viper Orange..which is hard to miss on a sunny day. The cops would notice and follow waiting for me to do something stupid.
Invariably, an unworthy opponent gearhead would show up and do stupid stuff and get the ticket. Happened repeatedly the first few months.
Got custom license plate ORLURE..but the ladies mistake the "O" for a "D" and say "so you're Dr. Lure" > "Yes..I am..Dr. Lure..how do you do? :cool:".
You must be registered for see images attach

But lately I've been calling her "Leeloo" after the orange haired character played by Mila Jovovich in the movie "The 5th Element".
Seems to fit/flow..she seems to like it too.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets