Car Show I won "alternative transport"

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took my Sapphire GTS to the Hot Night In The City car show in Kamloops. I won an "alternative transport vehicle" (Lol).

You must be registered for see images

The announcer laughed when he saw me walk over and said, "I know this won't fit in your Viper so I'd be happy to take it off your hands." I thanked him anyway but declined. Then he asked me to do a wheelie when leaving, but I was sitting too far forward?

My daughter thought it was a blast.

I wasn't so thrilled driving it myself. On my way to shot a pic I turned a little and because there is no suspension I rolled the Cruzin' Cooler and crashed. My camera flew over the hill and I was lucky it's a magnesium case and had a filter on it. But, ouch.

In a city this Cooler can be registered as a Handicapped mode of transportation, but I'm not crippled. It came with a Zimmer Wheaton GM dealership stocker on it! It's my GM? lol.

Easy for me to pick which one I'll drive to the Post Office.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I drove/pushed back to my Viper I found out that the foot pegs pushed in and the handlebars came off and tucked into the cooler while the front wheel and steering column came off so I put the Cruizin Cooler onto the passenger seat and seat belted it in. The disc brake was in the way, but worked out not to be a problem. Chain drive was the same.

Ted

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ted, Congratulations! Just curious on your win, did you win in the alternative vehicle catagory or did you win an alternative vehicle? :)
Hope that you are okay after your little mishapp...

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cruzin Cooler Official Site It's a $600 value. Best prize of the show.

Reasons I go to this show (350mi away) is that my kids live there, it's a charity show and the limited number of 450 cars is always high quality cars and trucks. Only about 15 prizes for all the cars. No second places. A&W Poker run on Friday night (only got a flush).

Had a blast, ... even though there was supposed to be 3 Vipers there.

Ratical - you're too funny.:)

Ted

BC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted your car is nice! If you ever plan a trip to Vancouver Island please let me know. There is a car show happening in Ladner on Sunday August 15 (heard about it)? I am contemplating about going over and bringing my new ride! :)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have way too much *** in BC. Only someone high would come up with that idea and someone even more toasted in government to allow it to be registered. Crazy!!

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a US invention actually. ***? Only the Politicians smoke that stuff, not me. Not good enough for gravel roads. Since it's actually too fast because of no suspension I won't be riding it to work. Since I rolled it in my driveway I'll put it up for sale at my general store. I think a powered wheelchair has a much wider wheelbase.

It's perfect for Dave as it keeps Beer cold and drives great around paved parking lots and garages.

Thanks Twister.

BC Viper I don't get down to Van much anymore (ex-wife lives there). But being a VCA member you can come to an event and meet up with some of the WC regional members. Sorry that you missed the wine/autoX, I'm sure you would have had a blast. Jim Hatch made some photoshop pics from tha event and I'm sure that he sold quite a few. Some of my pics here Ted Hlokoff - Fine Art - Fine Art America - FineArtAmerica and you can find Jim's stuff if you search Jim Hatch. (VCA member).

I hadn't heard of the Ladner show. Too bad Langley Cruise-in was cancelled. Largest at 3500cars and 250,000 people. Maybe next year they said. Another good show I usually did down there was the Mopars Unlimited in Langley (Kwantlen College) but I missed it this year. The Car shows are great and I normally win, but the VCA events we have are always driving and that's what's the best.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave