Charging Battery GEN 1

zzeck1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has to be an easy question, but I'm not figuring this out. I'm trying to charge my battery without taking the back wheel off the car. When I try hooking the charger to the positive cable in the engine compartment and ground to hinge for the hood, the flashers start flashing. What's up with that??? Where has others placed a battery tender to keep the battery charged? :dunno:

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positive to + location next to fuse box. Negative to ground on door sill behind wheel well.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like INDY said, "Positive to + location next to fuse box. Negative to ground on door sill behind wheel well." I recommend the Deltran Batter Plus charger, around $55 from most auto store or on Ebay or Amazon.

OP
OP
Z

zzeck1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you use a battery charger rather than a battery tender initially?? I need to put a better charge on the battery. I believe that's where I hooked it up. Maybe the ground was wrong, but I also tried grounding to the engine. Why the flashers?? I don't get it.

bdoyle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the sercuity system making the lights flash. Press the unlock button on the remote when they start flashing. I use an adapter for the power outlet for my battery tender.

OP
OP
Z

zzeck1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaaah.....I knew it had to be something easy....I'll try that tonight. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!!

OP
OP
Z

zzeck1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pressing the remote on my key fob did the trick. Thanks bdoyle for the suggestion! :)

Last edited: