Check Engine Light Troubles

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I am having some troubles with my 2004 Viper. Bought it from the first owner with very low miles; two weeks ago, the check engine light came on at 1500 miles :(. I checked the codes: P1195/1196 (O2 Sensors).

Took it to the dealer. Dealer replaced the O2 sensors.

Now, just 100 miles later, the check engine light came on again, and guess what, the same codes :mad: .

Does anybody know what could cause this???

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi y'all,
I am having some troubles with my 2004 Viper. Bought it from the first owner with very low miles; two weeks ago, the check engine light came on at 1500 miles :(. I checked the codes: P1195/1196 (O2 Sensors).
Now, just 100 miles later, the check engine light came on again, and guess what, the same codes :mad: .

Nope, but bet who can help you: Chuck Tator/Tator's Dodge 1-914-763-3136. :2tu: Tell him Juli sent ya...LOL...juli

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

Could they have replaced the fronts when it was the rears? Or visa-versa?

OP
OP
F

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is back at the dealer... I am just afraid that these guys don't know what they are doing...

OP
OP
F

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am already looking for the manuals... did you buy the hard copy or the printed books? What are you recommending?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am already looking for the manuals... did you buy the hard copy or the printed books? What are you recommending?

I still go with 'call Chuck Tator' (number above)...especially if you aren't comfortable with where you've brought your Viper. ~juli

OP
OP
F

FangZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has the exhaust been modified?

No, it's bone stock. No mods. I park it on a lift in my garage and looked at it from underneath just to double check.

I'll wait what the dealer has to say tomorrow. Right now, everything is under warranty and I can take it back as often as needed; it's just a hassle every time.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
FankZ...great to see you Two!!!

I have carefully crafted a wild-asp guess concerning the situation. :)

Call me.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it's bone stock. No mods. I park it on a lift in my garage and looked at it from underneath just to double check.

I'll wait what the dealer has to say tomorrow. Right now, everything is under warranty and I can take it back as often as needed; it's just a hassle every time.

Sent you a PM, if you need a CD 2004 service and Dignostic manual I have one....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang