Check out this Paxton Supercharged Viper for sale

tmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi. I have an amazing car for sale. I just listed it in the Classified section. I have over 85 photos listed here.

The car has only 12k original miles and a Paxton Supercharger, Nitrous, Headers, Full Exhaust, Crower Roller Rockers, Marelli Throttle Bodies, K&N Filter and more! It is dyno-tuned to run on aviation fuel and it absolutely flies. If you are in the market for a highly upgraded Viper, then this is the car for you.

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and a much better description...

* Resin transfer molded (RTM) composite body, sheet molded compound (SMC) hood
im going to assume they all have that ?

Crower Roller Rockers,
not known to be a great quality.

Marelli Throttle Bodies,
never heard of them. are they OEM ones ?

dyno-tuned to run on aviation fuel
what octane ? do i just pull up to the airport and ask them to fill it up ?
is it leaded or UNleaded ?

OP
OP
T

tmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys....I thought you were smarter than that. Did you go to the website? There are 85 COLOR photographs of the car.

Did you read the description on the website? There are several paragraphs stating everything I know about the car.

If your interested feel free to contact me. If you just want to give your opinion, please keep it to yourself.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Special Edition Jeffrie's Tubes still intact or have they been removed? How much HP/TQ does it make? Any dyno charts? Which tuner did the Paxton install?

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What happened the the 97 Blue/white GTS with 8,000 miles for $36,000??? I forwarded that to a member that was asking for a B/w. You removed it?

Not sure why you'd put the 4 sale car behind the (not for sale anymore?) other car?

Ted

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It says on the website he doesnt know the hp but it might be worth spending $75 to get it as every single buyer will want to know how much horsepower it has...

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened the the 97 Blue/white GTS with 8,000 miles for $36,000??? I forwarded that to a member that was asking for a B/w. You removed it?

Not sure why you'd put the 4 sale car behind the (not for sale anymore?) other car?

Ted

per the rules - the car was not found in the classifieds and the advertisement was removed.

OP
OP
T

tmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted. The photo of the 2 vipers was not meant as a sales tactic. Just a photo I liked. I really don't want to get rid of my GTS but if it meant keeping the Supercharged Viper, I would consider it. If somebody is genuinely serious about the GTS, please let me know and I will take some photos.

Vipertony. I do not know who did the install. I purchased the car just as it is.

I purchased the car with all the modifications already done. I did not dyno-tune the car myself. I know dyno numbers are great for bench racing but I am pretty sure you can change the pulley to achieve whatever numbers you are looking for as well as adjusting the nitrous kit. If you don't want to use Aviation fuel, I am sure you can tune the car to run on premium. The car is pretty dang fast. I can't imagine how fast it would be with the Nitrous.

I just listed the car on *bay. Don't miss the opportunity to own this car. The price should be very reasonable. Thanks for looking.

OP
OP
T

tmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in Orange County, CA. Anybody know of a good place to get hp/tq numbers? And how much it should cost? I really didn't think people would worry about this car not being fast enough. Gee wiz!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Search and you'll find a thread asking for a Blue/white GTS for a reasonable price. Since he's asking for what you had listed send him an email and he'll buy the car!

DC Performance is THE shop in all of California for any Viper. He recommends your car and you could expect it to be sold. He can probably look at the sc instal and tell you who did it. He does most of the supercharger installs in california as he is the Paxton approved dealer.

You cannot "just change the pulley" and change the hp. The piston material, the compression, the amount of Nitrous Oxide, camshaft, rockers, exhaust, fuel system, etc all affect the maximium hp that can be produced before you need a new engine because you blew it up. Paxton stock engined cars are usually OK to about 800rwhp (like mine) if the axles have been upgraded. Since I just bought an 802rwhp Paxton/Nitrous ACR I checked the engine internals by emailing the engine builder and found out what money was spent on the upgrades, (about $40K). That means a stock engine because a racing quality engine is worth about an extra $30,000. There are very few Tuner/Builders that are considered excellent in North America and the name of the engine builder when selling a modified car is extremely important. Both my GTSs were built by Macedo Motorsports and that was one of the reasons I bought my Paxton car.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's not about "this car not being fast," it's about How fast is this car? How much money was spent on this car. Titanium or Steel axles? Aluminium flywheel or stock? 13 or 14" brake rotor upgrade of stock.

A Paxton car like my newest one (and yours?) usually runs about 580-600rwhp. on a stock engine. But, there are quite a few 'built' Paxton cars that run 8-950rwhp.

OP
OP
T

tmoney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted. DC is located just a few miles from me. I pass by there all the time.

So what your saying is that I should dyno this car to establish a value. I really thought this car was worth low 40's even if it "only" dyno'd at 600hp. If it dyno's at 700hp, it should be worth a few grand more??? Maybe upper 40's? I appreciate the info. I typically have a set profit on my cars. But if you think I can get more by taking it to DC, consider it done.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car's value is largely defined by the amount of money spent on the modifications. High Performance cars usually get sold with a dyno sheet (like mine did) to establish the hp and performance of the modifications. Mods like Big Brakes add a couple thousand to the value of the car and an 800rwhp car sells in the $50s. Check out the classifieds and you may find a few $80-100,000 Vipers. Dan Cragin is well respected in the Viper community and if you pay him for a complete vehicle inspection it will be honored by nearly every VCA member. If you live in southern Calif there is a VCA club there and attending some of their events may sell the car for you. If it is a Calif. car then there is a chance that someone in that club knows the car and can provide you with information.

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would never buy a car that was tuned for "aviation fuel"...its expensive and you cant find it so easily. if i use something other than "aviation fuel" im gonna end up with detonation

not knowing anything about a car your selling isnt helping your cause. if its a built motor with all the right parts in it (doesn't seem to be) it would be worth more than 40's...

DC can easily tune and dyno the car for you. cause its better than "Just use your imagination". having DC go over the car and do this will help you sell it and IMO make it worth a few bucks more. as it sits, id offer 30K tops. too many unknowns....

crower RR's are known to be junk and i never heard of marelli TB's

this is not gonna help get you rich quick........

Last edited:

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you can see by the responses you've gotten so far, this isn't the type of crowd who is immediately impressed by just numbers. They know what parts work, what combinations work, and can appreciate a seller/owner/buyer who knows what he has/wants. Do some more homework on the cars internals so the ad sounds more....believable? Don't take offense, I don't doubt your desire to sell the car, just your knowledge of Vipers in general.

P.S. Don't even think about posting that on the Alley until your homework has been graded....it's polite over here.

Best of luck with the sale.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what your saying is that I should dyno this car to establish a value. I really thought this car was worth low 40's even if it "only" dyno'd at 600hp. If it dyno's at 700hp, it should be worth a few grand more??? Maybe upper 40's? I appreciate the info. I typically have a set profit on my cars. But if you think I can get more by taking it to DC, consider it done.

Um, yes. If you throw your car up on the dyno with all those mods and produce a 400whp dyno sheet that will definitely reduce your value and show that your car has problems. If you throw it up there and put down 800whp it will definitely raise your value. Your car is highly modified, numbers help.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The numbers give an indication of the amount of money spent on the modifications. Claiming that the stock TBs were aftermarket already lowered the value. Having an inspection/information sheet and dyno sheet from an expert (like Dan Cragin would up the value a lot - or throw away the sheet if there are no mods except the Paxton. A gen 2 Paxton creampuff (2001?) will make 580-600rwhp safely on a stock engine with hi flows and exhaust. 750rwhp would probably require forged pistons ($10,000 for my Ross 9-1sinstalled). RR? custom grind cam, 708 or cream puff? Dan can probably recognize what's in he engine and if it's a local car he may have a receipt if he built it.

The amount spent on modifications and who tuned the car change the value.

Ted

Gen 2

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think he's gone.

Perhaps a scammer? Trying to get some easy money? He ceratinly didn't know very much for a guy that was supposed to own 2 Vipers.

Ted

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tmoney says:

"Carmax told me the previous owner put $100,000 into the car. That seems like a lot but thats what they told me. This car is an absolute blast to drive. I currently own a 97 Viper and this car feels day and night faster. After driving this car around for a few days, my 97 Viper feels like a slug. Now please don't waste your time asking me how much horsepower this car has because I do not know. Just use your imagination."
and "As I mentioned before, it is waaaaay faster than a stock Viper."
"This car has been highly modified".

Come on, Tmoney you can do better than that. You are rude and even condescending when replying to the smart folks here. At least try to learn a little about what you are selling.. These guys here have tried to help you to sell your car and you won't listen to good, free advice. You tell people to don't waste their time wanting to know basic information, such as horsepower, that is a big part of what sells a sports car and why people buy one in the first place. You need documentation when you brag about such things, of course maybe you don't have any proof, than it's B.S.

Last edited:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, wonder if its a Hennessey modified car, where the internals are provided by "Unknown, Ltd"!:rolaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950