Chevrolet unveils 2014 Corvette Stingray

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was always told if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Seriously though....I don't like it. :)

ChrisHefner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm a little upset!! I see to many interior similarities to the Gen V, what a crock!! not too awful bad looking, soon it will be mass produced and
just like every other chevy "sports car" there will be thousands on the road in a month. However I would still like to give it a drive. Support the troops!:usa::headbang:

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will hold off final judgement until I see the car at the Detorit Auto Show on Saturday, but to me it looks like a stretched Nissan GTR with a bit of Ferrari F12 thrown in (and I don't like the GTR or the F12). So my initial response is I don't car for the exterior looks of the car. I agree there are a lot of similarities on the interior to the Gen V.

You must be registered for see images attach

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferrari sides and front, Camaro rear....too many tailpipes together why stop @ 4 put 9 in ??!!

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stuff I didn't like on the renderings is absent on the real car. Looks good!

In person, if good manufacturing quality is apparent (and the price is reasonable)... Chevy has a big seller on their hands. So there's gonna be a bunch of 'em on the road... and that will accelerate the pace at which this design ages, I think.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did they forget to design the back of the car? I guess since 1983, GM does not worry about the rear end design. Also, it looks like a lot of things have either been copied from SRT or vice versa. Someone is cheating and coping their homework from someone else!

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Outside of the rear, I like the overall design and the interior is a nice upgrade. A lot of Gen V looks to it but that will make these sell like hotcakes as always. The C6 didn't even get much positive press when it was first released but the Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 all look great. I imagine the specialty C7's will look great as well. As others have pointed out, the C7 will be littered all over the streets within a few years and the "looks" will fade as do most mass produced cars. If anything I think it will make the Gen II vipers look even more unique because it is such a fluid design concept and also a rounded design which aesthetically tends to age better anyway.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It isn't a "Camaro" rear. It is a Chevy themed rear, shared by most Chevy's. Just like Dodge uses the cross-hair grille. It shares zero body lines with the Camaro, different proportions, different trunk line, different lower valence.

Overlaid:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol at the comments it has a Camaro rear.
Those old dated round rear lights were done, just like concealed headlights. DONE.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After looking at pictures of the C7 for a few days now the novelty is wearing off. I still like the way it looks but the GenV really does have a much more exotic fluid shape and there is something to be said for having a that monster NA V10 and a P/W ratio on par with an Adventador. The fact that the C7 is actually heavier puts a damper on as well. People were talking about a curb weight that started with a 2 and we no that ain't gonna happen.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like like the C7, I can only imagine how the widebody versions will look

rsmitchell10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it and the fact that it won't cost me over $100k to own makes me love it even more. My personal opinion of course.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it and the fact that it won't cost me over $100k to own makes me love it even more. My personal opinion of course.

I like it too but it doesn't compare to a 640hp GenV. The comparable C7 will be over $100k too and it will look like a million other $50k cars. That being said the 450hp C7 looks like a great car for the money...

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outside of the rear, I like the overall design and the interior is a nice upgrade. A lot of Gen V looks to it but that will make these sell like hotcakes as always. The C6 didn't even get much positive press when it was first released but the Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 all look great. I imagine the specialty C7's will look great as well. As others have pointed out, the C7 will be littered all over the streets within a few years and the "looks" will fade as do most mass produced cars. If anything I think it will make the Gen II vipers look even more unique because it is such a fluid design concept and also a rounded design which aesthetically tends to age better anyway.

what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It isn't a "Camaro" rear. It is a Chevy themed rear, shared by most Chevy's. Just like Dodge uses the cross-hair grille. It shares zero body lines with the Camaro, different proportions, different trunk line, different lower valence.

Overlaid:

It may be a "Chevy Theme", but it is a very bad theme. Parse it any way you want, but it is still ugly. Overall, the rest of the car looks great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456