Chome Rims...best results?

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the paint down pat, but the chrome wheels, I need some opinions please. The wheels are I-forged chrome not the stock polished/clear coat, so i know the treatment is completely different. I have tried mothers chrome polish, blue magic metal polish, and Adams #2 metal polish. I am not getting the same results as i get on my chrome BMW 750 wheels. I am not the original owner of this car or rims, so they have not been taken car of the way i woudl have taken car of them from the beginning (anal/psycho), lots of that 'caked' on brake dust inside the spokes/etc. I want them to be as perfect as possible. Also do you guys think using the powerball is good or not...I look forward to your advice!

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had luck in the past with 0000 steelwool and Meguires cleaner wax.

Thanks for your response...I have had success with this on my older Mustang projects, but tried it once on Chrome wheels and i believe i put hairline scratches. I would rather put more elbow grease into something that is not as abrasive as steel wool albeit #0000 but its still steel wool

OP
OP
V

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe i will try the IBIZ cleaner on those tough spots...it works like magic on tar, or anything that sticks to paint, i can't imagine it won't stip the crap off my wheels! I will try that and let you guys know how it works out, but as far as a "chrome shine" What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang