Clarification from Wizard please

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, i would like to appologize for all my posts about fluids. I found one that I posted about 2 years ago where I asked roughly the same question and got this answer from chuck.

Chuck,
Are these part numbers still good for the fluids i need to purchase? My car is a 99 RT/10.

Transmission: 4qts 75W-85 #4874459
Diff: 2qts 75W-140 #4874469 AND 4oz diff additive #4318060AB

Thanks again to all for your help.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

You post a statement while expecting a response like it was a question?

On a topic that has been hammered at this forum beyond blitherdom, aside from being published in the service manual you should own? Let alone what the dealer that has these fluids would tell you?

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno, seemed a reasonable question to me, after two years they could have brought out an enhanced fluids product that not many as wise as Chuck would know about. Take the new oil filter as another example, I would not have even been aware of it had I not asked Chuck such a stupid question about a year ago as to what filter to use. What I found out was that they had just introduced a much better one with a new part number.
I was sneaky enough to pm him with my question though. I can report that the Wizard responds very rapidly to ***.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

You post a statement while expecting a response like it was a question?

On a topic that has been hammered at this forum beyond blitherdom, aside from being published in the service manual you should own? Let alone what the dealer that has these fluids would tell you?

Sounds like you need one of these this morning...and you should post a write up on "Performing Site Searches - Guides & Photos":
coffee.jpg

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did do a search, but since all cars might use different fluids, highly unlikely I know, but I just wanted to clarify with Chuck because he gave me those part numbers before. I do own a service manual, but like Lee00blacksilverGTS stated there might be a better fluid to use now than what was printed in the SM or possibly the part numbers might change. I thought it was a very resonable question...and plus, dave6666, I did not even ask for you to look at this post.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, i would like to appologize for all my posts about fluids. I found one that I posted about 2 years ago where I asked roughly the same question and got this answer from chuck.

Chuck,
Are these part numbers still good for the fluids i need to purchase? My car is a 99 RT/10.

Transmission: 4qts 75W-85 #4874459
Diff: 2qts 75W-140 #4874469 AND 4oz diff additive #4318060AB

Thanks again to all for your help.

OK I am up now! :D Sorry, its been a bit crazy aroung here as of late! :looney:

Yes those are the current part numbers for the fluids. :2tu:

V

Venomiss

I did do a search, but since all cars might use different fluids, highly unlikely I know, but I just wanted to clarify with Chuck because he gave me those part numbers before. I do own a service manual, but like Lee00blacksilverGTS stated there might be a better fluid to use now than what was printed in the SM or possibly the part numbers might change. I thought it was a very resonable question...and plus, dave6666, I did not even ask for you to look at this post.

That was a reasonable question and now here's another....
any chance after 281 posts and all kinds of wonderful members helped you out that you could join us and help support this site?:)

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wizard,
Thanks for your help.

Venomiss,
I have the paper work filled out...it has just been a crazy couple of months in terms of bills etc. Had to make a rather substanial payment to uncle sam. It is on my list of things to buy, most likely by the end of the year.

Thanks again!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was a very resonable question...and plus, dave6666, I did not even ask for you to look at this post.

That's what so special about a public forum. You don't have to ask. I can just show up. Like it or not.

And how was your first post a question?

First line... An apology, followed by a prompt that you're fixing to tell us what happened last time you asked.

Lines 2 & 3... You stated what you said you were going to state. What was asked 2 years ago.

Line 4... You thank everyone for their help in the past.

I'm sorry folks, but I can't extract a current question out of what you wrote!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wizard,
Thanks for your help.

Venomiss,
I have the paper work filled out...it has just been a crazy couple of months in terms of bills etc. Had to make a rather substanial payment to uncle sam. It is on my list of things to buy, most likely by the end of the year.

Thanks again!

We take credit cards. 800.998.1110 or online ar Dodge VIPER Magazine And I would respectfully add that anyone who can afford to put gas and fluids changes in a Viper can afford the hundred dollar bill and change that it costs to join. Particularly after 282 posts here that have probably helped you.
You may not be aware of what you are missing. If you are a do it yourself guy you are totally missing out on the illustrated upgrades section that is reserved for VCA members, we are contstantly adding valuable contributions to that, plus the VCA members section (which you cannot see) where a free giveaway of valuable Viper goods occurs once a month and the Regional forums you can't post in. Plus Viper Magazine and the Raffles just to list a few other benefits.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala