Clear Bra

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would be worth it if you did it before you put too many miles on it before you do it... I bought mine in Nov and had the clear bra done in April:( it already had some scratches/rock/sand chips etc. The piece of mind it provides is worthwhile but I still don't tailgate on the highway. Trackday did provide a wakeup call... those slicksters throw rubber everywhere!!! the clear bra protected my paint but managed to take on some black streaking that I couldn't get off:(

Also, if you are a perfectionist, mine bra doesn't fit quite right around the fog lights but I think they'll redo it if I took it back to them.

Mine is graphite in color and the bra is somewhat noticable up close but from 5' away I don't think you'd ever be able to tell (anyone that gets closer than 5' gets shot anyways:))

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, don't hesitate for a second with Venture Shield (3M and VS are the same company, but the 3M application glue is a bit more difficult to remove over time). Here's Nelson's website. He's done MANY Vipers, is in your area and is a very easy guy to deal with. If you mention the VCA, he'll give you a very fair price.

Index

yup, city beat me to it. nelson does nice work.

i seem to remember nelson lives in morristown, maybe you can get him to come to your house or his ?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them on a few of my cars and love them. If you do it just make sure you get the right installer. I am very fortunate that I have one of the BEST installers in the country close to me. I have actually had 3m and X-Pel tell me this guy is one of the best they have ever seen and the work he has done for me has been just phenomenal.

He is actually probably not that far from you and is definitely worth the drive. His name is Al and he is located in Media Pa. If you want his contact info just let me know and I will PM it to you.

He actually makes custom pieces for where the kit is lacking and you cannot even see a seam when he is done. I guarantee it is the best job you will ever see.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3M clearbra on all of my sportscars, and wouldn't have it any other way. Looks great, and I don't have to worry about scratching it when I clean off the bugs with quick detailer. The clearbra is a thermoplastic, so if you scratch it most of the time the scratches will disappear once the clearbra is out in the sun for a while.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be argumentative but as I have stated in the past, I do not agree with the clear bras. I have to agree with Mark. If you drive it a lot, it will constantly peel, fade and forgetabout it if you live in a state with lots of bugs that hit it in the summer. That thing will yellow. For the city, I am sure it has it's uses but if you drive a lot, it just looks horrible after time. I have them on our Cayenne's (as that is the only way the dealership delivers them) and they look pretty ratty Not to mention that our daily driver Cayennes see a lot of sun, so taking them off, I am a little worried about the paint oxidation difference. If when they come off the paint is a different color underneath the clear bra, when then that negates the entire use.

To each their own, but remember it is a car and cars are meant to have the odd chip and scratch. You do the best to keep it clean and free of debris, but it is a car. My feeling is putting clear bra on the car is like putting a diaper on a monkey. Sure it will keep him clean but what does a diaper on a monkey look like? One scenerio looks like it, the other catches it.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first few clearbras were bad. Not sure if you knew this, but they are currently on the third generation of material. All of mine now have lifetime guarantees against yellowing, fading, or peeling. I daily drive my cars. I had to have a piece removed and a new bra installed (the side of my garage leaped out and hit my car while I was parking). No visible discoloration. I've had them on red, black, and blue cars.

Life agentft says, the install is the majority of it. My guy does not use precut pieces. He cuts them to fit the car, and wraps the edges so you do not see any seams. Most people don't even see the bra at all. The lifetime warranty is on parts and labor, and is good in all 50 states in case I ever move.