Clutch pedal adjustment

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am average height (5'8"). When I depress the clutch pedal I need to extend my foot all of the way out. I have my seat moved forward. If I move it back even one notch, I start missing gears. I read a great post a few months ago detailing how to move the clutch pedal towards the driver. The post would have made a great illustrated upgrade. I can't find the post. Can anyone help me? :rolleyes:

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was my post...here ya go.

Original thread here

I posted this since I saw a post regarding a clutch pedal modification and several members were asking about how to adjust the clutch pedal height.

Your clutch, brake and gas pedals can be adjusted individually. Once you adjust the individual pedal heights, the pedal actuator knob will adjust them all as one unit. It's pretty simple and can be done without contorting your body or removing the driver's seat.

Here's how:

Remove the knee blocker trim panel below the steering column
2827pedaladjust001_copy-med.jpg

2827pedaladjust002_copy-med.jpg

2827pedaladjust003_copy-med.jpg

You can adjust each pedal individually by removing the retaining clip and turning the cables clockwise to move the pedal towards you and counterclockwise to move the pedal away from you.
2827pedaladjust004_copy-med.jpg

Get in the drivers seat and test out the position of the pedals before you reassemble. I drove mine just to make sure the pedals were in the right position before I reassembled everything.

Use a 1/4 inch nut driver or socket to push the retaining clip on to the cable end and check to make sure they're secure. Reinstall the panel and enjoy your perfectly adjusted pedals. :2tu:
2827pedaladjust005_copy-med.jpg

OP
OP
P

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seat is fine. Brake and and Gas pedals are fine. The steering wheel is also too close where I am sitting. With the seat all of the way back, I have no problems with anything except the clutch pedal. The clutch pedal needs to be fully depressed to the firewall and that is where the problem lies for me. If I could move the clutch pedal a little closer, that would fix everything.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Pro,
It could be your clutch is worn out, or more likely the bushings on the clutch pedal are worn...the latter is very common on gen 1's
Cheers,

Roadster99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cheapest and best modification to my Viper. Many thanks for the description and photos.
My clutch has aways been too far away, so I have to bend my right leg for the gas pedal. Not comfortable at all. Now I can stretch my gasleg and drive more active and still reach the clutch enough.
In my case it was not the center wire that was going to the clutch. It went to the brake. It was the right one. Perhapps they just mounted them without any order. The function is the same. Just follow the wire from the pedal ju want to adjust and unplug that one. Done in half an hour.
Should absolutely be in the Illustrated Upgrades section.
Great modification.
Lars...

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're welcome. Glad it worked out for you! :2tu:

The cheapest and best modification to my Viper. Many thanks for the description and photos.
My clutch has aways been too far away, so I have to bend my right leg for the gas pedal. Not comfortable at all. Now I can stretch my gasleg and drive more active and still reach the clutch enough.
In my case it was not the center wire that was going to the clutch. It went to the brake. It was the right one. Perhapps they just mounted them without any order. The function is the same. Just follow the wire from the pedal ju want to adjust and unplug that one. Done in half an hour.
Should absolutely be in the Illustrated Upgrades section.
Great modification.
Lars...

apun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clutch pedal travel is too long and when I adjust the pedals closer, my right foot is cramped up...do I want to adjust the clutch pedal closer to me or adjust the gas and brake pedals further from me?

Will adjusting the clutch pedal closer to me prevent the clutch from engaging...say if it was adjusted a lot?

Thanks,
Alex

93Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to steal your thread, however I have what I believe to be a worn out clutch bushing(s). Can anyone give me a tip or two on changing, fabricating new, and switching to Aluminum or another type of pedal(s)??

thanks, Mike

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whoa, that's awesome. Thanks a LOT! How the pedals relate to eachother has always been one of the few things that I don't love about my viper. Now I can fix them too. Can't wait for the weekend!

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, this is some cool insight. Thanks for posting...or atleast bringing up a previous post from the past. Learn something new everyday.

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did this a while back and was a big improvement. One suggestion is to adjust the gas pedal to the same plain as the clutch when it starts to grab. I also raised the brake pedal above the gas pedal. On my list of things to do to the Viper is get Roe's height reducing clutch piece that lowers the clutch about an inch and reducing the travel.

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, this is a great bit of information. :)

The one thing I do not like on my GTS is the placement of the gas pedal, feels too close when clutch is in a comfortable spot. I think I will be adding this to the fun winter project list. :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guess I'll mention that this ADJUSTMENT (not a modification) is for the pedal and not the engagement point. Clutch engagement is a different adjustment.

Ted

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your 5.8 and have a problem- u may need a new clutch or may need a lesson on how to use one. just sayn

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have the same issue, but i just got used to it

you will adapt

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery