Clutch slave cylinder removal??

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My clutch did not get fried by the 300 shots of nitrous, but the Roe blower with 8lbs pulley killed it within 2 weeks. Not too bad, since I got 42.300 miles out of it.
Knowing how I drive, its actually damn good!! :D

I bought the LUK clutch.

I have the transmission ready to go out, jacked up on a tranny jack, but the clutch slave cylinder has turned out to be an absolute *****...
I bought the $4 plastic tools for fuel and hudraulic line fittings (looks like collars), no success.
I bought the $13 plastic tools, no success.
I modified one of the suckers, so it fits in, no success.
I bought the steel tools, they dont fit inbetween the cylinders.

What the F???

Any tips of tools that WILL work or other help before I cut the line... :curse: :curse:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the plastic collars and also the actual Dodge service tool. The key is to relieve the pressure by pushing in on the line as you use the tool.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small screwdriver.....and like Jack said you HAVE to push in on the line then push in on the collar. Sometimes they come off the first time....sometimes it kicks my ***...same car ;)

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What they said, but I used two small screw drivers :2tu:

The plastic collar is supposed to slide inbetween the slave cylinder parts (male-female).

What do you do with 2 small screwdrivers?

(Since the space between the male-female equals to the thickness of a razorblade...)

I've been wrestling with this thing the last 2 nights and I'm ready to bring out the ax...
I have pushed the line with both my hands as hard as I can and at the same time pushed the collar, but nothing. (I'm 6'1" and 230lbs, so I think I'm capable using adequate violence/force pushing it in)

So,
1) push in the hydraulic line with both hands(with the male connector as hard as you can.
2) with your 3rd hand push collar in
3) ? (pull line?)

I'm going to visit my local Dodge dealer today, maybe they can borrow me the tool. If not I'll have to give up and mute one of my mechanic friends to pull this thing off. I've never had a fight like this with a part. Not even restoring a 40 year old rusty car...

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Must be a rash of clutches being replaced this week as I will be doing mine this weekend as my Slave just went. Let me know the outcome of the "quick connect" problem you're having. Also any other tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth