Collectors or stated value insurance

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really want to switch my insurance to a stated value policy since I'll lose 25k to 50k in a total loss accident right now. State Farm won't do a stated value. Who are you guys using?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're just a weekend warrior like most of us check into one of the three collector car insurers.
Grundy, Haggerty or Barrett-Jackson and get some quotes from them.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're just a weekend warrior like most of us check into one of the three collector car insurers.
Grundy, Haggerty or Barrett-Jackson and get some quotes from them.

+1. Contact all three and hope for a decent quote. I went with Grundy myself. Jon - is it time for you yet?

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another one that insures Vipers for the weekend warrior is an Auto Insurance Carrier called American Collectors Insurance. They too do stated value policies.

limitless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a stated value with american collectors on my custom 06 coupe for 65k policy was 1500 but my dl is horrible

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys don’t want 'Stated Value" you want "Agreed Value"

Stated Value does not set the value of the car at the time of the loss. Theinsurance company can depreciate and or set an actual cash value of the vehicle.

Agreed Value guarantees the set value of the vehicle at the time of the loss-major difference between the two

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, stated value on my policy with American Collectors Insurance is Agreed Value.

I've heard before they are not the same, but upon inquiring further, I was made to understand they in fact are, at least on some policies. I insured my Viper for a specified amount, and am guaranteed that amount, period; as long as the policy is in effect. Its in writing.

So maybe it differs from state to state ...... ?

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

It has nothing todo with the state and they are not the same. Your policy form is a stated valueform with agreed value endorsement or just include both coverage’s in the form.That’s fine but I did not want people to be misled thinking they are the same when there is major differences. I happen to write 1000's of Agreed Value policies a year and I find even most insurance brokers don’t really know the difference.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, ACR Steve also offers track insurance through OnTrackInsurance.com. Very reasonable rates and easy process. I use it whenever I'm on the track.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Steve said. Do not be misled. When I asked about my stated value policy i was told the same thing you were(would pay the stated value if a total loss occurred). Don't believe it.

Mike,

It has nothing todo with the state and they are not the same. Your policy form is a stated valueform with agreed value endorsement or just include both coverage’s in the form.That’s fine but I did not want people to be misled thinking they are the same when there is major differences. I happen to write 1000's of Agreed Value policies a year and I find even most insurance brokers don’t really know the difference.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got agreed value quotes from BJ, Haggerty, Classic Underwriters, and from the Corvette Museum.

BJ gave me the best price.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very very dependant on your location as well.
You'll obviously pay more for a New York policy than Podunk.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very very dependant on your location as well.
You'll obviously pay more for a New York policy than Podunk.
With that being said, what are you guys paying here in NY? Best quote I found Was $1136 with BJ for 75k value and $250 deductible across the board... I have USAA and it's time for a change!

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With that being said, what are you guys paying here in NY? Best quote I found Was $1136 with BJ for 75k value and $250 deductible across the board... I have USAA and it's time for a change!

BJ quoted me $1937.00 annual premium $78k agreed value $300 deductable (3k mileage limit). Grundy quoted me $1,000.00 annual premium $78k agreed value $0 deductable (no mileage limit) and 500K comp/collision. Had to go with Grundy at that point. Just couldn't find anything cheaper.

Scott

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Infinity County Mutual - 6 cars on the policy. All Agreed Value - Total "Agreed Value" ~$650k, premium ~$7500/yr with 3k mile/yr limits & $500 deductibles. Good luck.

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
04 viper with Grundy $700 a yr. $0 deductible and agreed value of $48000
When I called around hagerty was a lot more expensive then Grundy at the time.