Comp Coupe help???

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the viper comp coupe is a dream car of mine but I would like to street drive it and track occasionally. I know a few comp coups have been street driven what is the trick and how hard will it be? I'm located in Kansas so smog will not be a big thing

thanks
Darell

Chuck 98 RT/10Re: Comp Coupe help???
Quote:
How many NARRA (Viper Days) events do you attend every year?

I haven't been to any yet. And that has "what" to do with this thread?. (COPY OF ORIGINAL POST ABOVE for reference???? ....)

This thread is about a "dream" of driving a CC on the street. (Again, see above...:rolleyes:)

I would not post anything IF this threadead was about COMPETITION driving a CC on a track... It's about the street...:rolleyes:

Please clarify for me. Aren't the NARRA events on a TRACK. We know CC usually drive on a track...

Like at a "NARRA event
Good topic for ANOTHER thread...:rolleyes:

BTW.. Hows your CC running...? Surely with your comments, you are very familiar with regularly drivng a COMP COUPE

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What we are dealing with here is a general interest that probably all viper owners harbor in owning and driving the ultimate viper, daily, the 2000 GTSR concept car is what we all saw and loved and that is in effect what the competition coupe was patterned from.

Bottom line is the comp coupe kicks ass in looks (WC front is ugly though)
The Comp Coupe weighs a lot less that the Gen 3 ACR
The Comp Coupe is an all out race car, the Gen 3 (even the ACR) are not race cars but can be very competent on the track
There are lots of ways to give he gen 3 a diet, lexan glass for 1, this would probably save 100lbs right off the bat, just by replacing front and rear.
Pin on hood 30 lbs
My new suspension kit save almost 5 lbs a corner
lighter wheels and brakes 10-15 lbs a corner
new seats 25 lbs each (at least)
CF fenders and sills 50 lbs
light weight flywheels 10 lbs

add wing and splitter 20 lbs

savings 300 lbs

add roll bar for safety ??

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest problem is the roll bar...you are crazy if you drive a car with a rollbar without a helmet...you will end up a veggie if you have even a minor hit because your pumpkin will get busted. Not a good thing.

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition to the reasons listed above, it might be worth mentioning the Comp Coupe spring rates are much higher than the ACR and the Tilton clutch/flywheel combo function like a light switch. I cannot imagine stopped in bumper to bumper traffic on a hill with a street car in front, the tilton clutch would be difficult to modulate and not punt the car in front of you.

-David

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTSR Concept is quite different from both the CC and the Gen.3 and Gen.4 ACRs.

GTSR Concept has a longer wheelbase, wider track, chopped top, and extensive bodywork differences compared to the Gen.3/4 ACRs.

The GTSR Concept doesn't seem to have a roll cage (couldn't see one in any of the pics I checked).
Knowing Ralph Gilles was in on the project, it's probably stealthily hidden. :)

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the comment above about driving a car with a roll cage without a helmet. If your head can touch the bars its worse than having no cage at all if your not wearing a helmet. Dan at DC Performance makes a great 4 point that is safely behind the seat. Yes its not a cage with front/side support, but as a four point if the car went over, it offers an added layer of protection to both occupants-much better than what the factory builds in. In addition, it adds structural rigidity to the car-which helps to improve handling. And I personally like the look of the WC nose better than the VRL version. Where do you think the 08/09 hood vents/ ACR splitter look came from?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck 98 RT/10Re: Comp Coupe help???
Quote:
How many NARRA (Viper Days) events do you attend every year?

I haven't been to any yet. And that has "what" to do with this thread?. (COPY OF ORIGINAL POST ABOVE for reference???? ....)

This thread is about a "dream" of driving a CC on the street. (Again, see above...:rolleyes:)

I would not post anything IF this threadead was about COMPETITION driving a CC on a track... It's about the street...:rolleyes:

Please clarify for me. Aren't the NARRA events on a TRACK. We know CC usually drive on a track...

Like at a "NARRA event
Good topic for ANOTHER thread...:rolleyes:

BTW.. Hows your CC running...? Surely with your comments, you are very familiar with regularly drivng a COMP COUPE

My. Sensitive are we? Well, at least you said you haven't been you any NARRA events "YET". Hopefully you will make it to one this year and REALLY have fun. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Regarding the Street topic. Dodge didn't build the CC for the street. Dodge doesn't want the CC on the street. It is illegal to drive a CC on the street. And in my personal opinion (being the internet I am entitled to have) it is a waste to drive a CC on the street other than possibly for the reasons I've already mentioned.

My apologies for not having any miles in a CC. Certainly if I would have saved the money I spent tracking my 97 for the past ten years I would have 150K to drop on a CC. I'm working on it but it seems every time I have a few extra bucks it ends up in the hands of Hoosier, PFC, Exxon, Sheraton or Tator. But I'm trying. Know of anybody who wants custom software or to help me grow my biz?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My. Sensitive are we? Well, at least you said you haven't been you any NARRA events "YET". Hopefully you will make it to one this year and REALLY have fun. Looking forward to hearing about it.

Regarding the Street topic. Dodge didn't build the CC for the street. Dodge doesn't want the CC on the street. It is illegal to drive a CC on the street. And in my personal opinion (being the internet I am entitled to have) it is a waste to drive a CC on the street other than possibly for the reasons I've already mentioned.

My apologies for not having any miles in a CC. Certainly if I would have saved the money I spent tracking my 97 for the past ten years I would have 150K to drop on a CC. I'm working on it but it seems every time I have a few extra bucks it ends up in the hands of Hoosier, PFC, Exxon, Sheraton or Tator. But I'm trying. Know of anybody who wants custom software or to help me grow my biz?

No, just trying to stay on the thread topic...:)

"tracking my 97 for the past ten years" Wow, that's a lot of track time in a 97. I try to read and learn as much as I can fron experienced guys like youself.

Bet you would have a lot of experience and advice to share...
-on another topic...
-in the Gen 2 section...

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC