Cool Little In Car Cameras In Stock!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

We’re now carrying the neat little Gopro Hero camera that you can mount darn near anywhere inside your car or truck to record your exploits on the street or track. It comes with a very good suction cup mount as well as several other mounts that you can leave affixed to the car using the supplied 3M tape.
The really cool parts are that it is really small, records at a very good video quality (30 FPS for 56 minutes on a 2GB card), connects to televisions and PC’s through either the USB or standard RCA cables (included) and uses a single standard SD memory card. I used the 2GB Micro SD card from my phone and can play the videos on my phone too.
Anyway, it’s just a neat little camera. Wish I would’ve had one like this when I was racing. The only downside we found is the audio. At upper RPM’s, the audio quality is not very good. However, Windows Movie Maker helps with that.
We have some in stock and are offering them at the fixed retail price of $179. Get one from us and we’ll throw in a Grab Bag of mounts or a 2GB SD card at no additional cost (while supplies last).

You must be registered for see images

Here are a couple links:

A short video I made. One raw from the camera (but changed from an AVI format to WMV for a faster upload) and one with Windows Movie Maker editing:
YouTube - RoeRacingUSA's Videos

A link to our website product page:
http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=24&idproduct=436

Regards,
Sean
PS, yes, I'm still working on the SRT car SC kit. I just needed to go burn some rubber before getting back to work on it :drive:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean
How did you get your car to spin in circles like that without moving... giant turntable?...;)

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If tires were'nt so expensive, I would do a lot more manuevers and videos.
There are some cool angles you could come up with, like right over a rear tire while drifting or doing donuts.
I've tested the suction cup with camera on top of the car to 100 MPH so far.

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will it record if ignition is not on? i.e. If I left car unattended for an hour could I point it ...say out drivers side window... to record anyone possible vandalism or better yet mount on a swivel and when ignition was off record the officer yelling at me during traffic stop about my excessive speed? Hmmmmm..... I could see it in court now....But officer, why are you saying I was uncooperative...your honor, Id like to show you the video.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The camera records up to 56 minutes on a 2GB card and uses two AAA batteries (I plan to get four rechargable ones and keep them in rotation since I've had the battery power give out and I didn't have a second set).

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean, in regards to the SD 2GB card it comes with. That is possible to upgrade correct? Meaning the camera will accept larger, say a 16GB SD Card, they are so cheap now days. I may be interested if it can hold and has been tested with a larger than 2GB SD Card. Thanks

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The video camera itself does not come with a 2GB card. When we did the initial introduction for the club, we bought some of the "Grab bags" and some memory cards from the local Comp USA as give aways for the promotion. Once we ran out of the bags and cards (it was while supplies last), we did not get more and no longer give away the $15 card - $20 bag on each $179 camera.

I don't know if it will accept a larger memory card. I'll find out!

We usually keep a couple video cameras on the shelf, but not many.

Regards,
Sean

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Sean, I would even be happy if a 8GB would work. Some items work with larger cards, some do not. I know my digital camera said 4GB max as that is what was out at the time, well I have a 8GB in it and it works fine. I hope that is the case with this camera. Thank you

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I spoke with Go Pro today. A 2GB is what they said it can take up to. One that size will record about 56 minutes of video.
If you were doing a track weekend, I'd just get two or three cards and tag them for what session or event it was until you download them into a PC or onto a CD / DVD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang