Copperhead Stripes?

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided I wanna try stripes on my copperhead. I'm going to go with vinyl because I want to see if I like it before I do anything more permanent. Any recommendations on color? I'm leaning toward carbon fiber. What do you think? What about black or matte black?

Here's a place that appears to have tons of color choices if anyone is interested. - Dodge Viper Rally Stripe Graphic Kit 1

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Seems quite inexpensive, but NOT all vinyl is created equal. 70+ color options?!?
Cheap Experiment!

Pre-Cut is nice, too. CF costs more but will shout FAKE,,,, flat-black will coordinate perfectly with top, exhaust ports, tires, etc. Change logos to BLACK?

We have a vendor ready to release SNAKESKIN VINYL....but it wont be anwhere near $200 !!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you carry this stuff Jon? I would certainly come to you first but I thought you didn't have it from what I read elsewhere on the forum.

Good point on the carbon fibre. Yeah, I think black badges will look awesome as well.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car had matte black vinyl stripes when I bought it. They looked good but the install was cheesy to say the least. They were durable and looked good but after awhile I decided to go with painted stripes.

I had considered going with a matte black or gun metal painted stripes before settling on gloss black with red pearl in it. I am much happier with painted stripes and IMO it looks far better than vinyl.

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I like the look I will have it painted.

Any copperhead owners here with stripes have some pix for me?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when I saw the title of the thread I immediately thought CF.

matte black would be slick too.

or charcoal grey.

wow can't wait to see it

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car had matte black vinyl stripes when I bought it. They looked good but the install was cheesy to say the least. They were durable and looked good but after awhile I decided to go with painted stripes.

I had considered going with a matte black or gun metal painted stripes before settling on gloss black with red pearl in it. I am much happier with painted stripes and IMO it looks far better than vinyl.

powder coat those dam chrome rims on that blacked out car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dunno:

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaning toward the matte black now. As JonB said, would match other parts well. Is there concerns waxing?

I remember seeing a copperhead with stripes that turned at the windshield and then went down the side sills. Big viper emblem on the side sills too. Kind of military looking.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been thinking of doing this for my car. There's a great vinyl shop I've worked with before on lettering for other projects. I'm going to see what they'll charge to whip something up and put it on for me. I don't mind putting vinyl on, but this is a bit more complicated!

That site looks pretty reasonable.

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
satin black--black it all out----good quality vinyl should run you about $500-$600 installed with a long warranty.

Ben

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see CF stripes before saying it look like rice but you can't go wrong with flat black.

Always do vinyl for a while to make sure you wanna live with stripes and the color before being painted.

10BamBam01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously not a great photo but these are carbon fiber, vinyl stripes. I don't think they look cheesy at all. I actually get a lot of compliments on them. The previous owner had these put on by someone in Illinois. He wanted to dress up the car without making permanent mods. I think it's a great way to do just that.

I agree that painted stripes would be better if you don't mind the cost and the permanency and the limited options without airbrushing.

I have waxed them and it didn't cause any problems.

You must be registered for see images

10BamBam01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's a pic that I stripped from Wedge500's post about the cruise we did in Iowa / Illinios this past weekend. I got a lot of compliments on these stripes and there was another copperhead owner there that was also considering doing this.

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color is comparable. I went with custom-printed vinyl with a bit different shape in the front. I never did like the blunt look of running the stripes all the way under the car. These are color matched to the paint and have a snakeskin pattern in them.

You can't really see the pattern until you get within five feet or so. I've had tons of compliments on them...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets