Cost of hood liner?

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm needing to get an estimate for the cost of the inside hood liner (with the Viper logo embossed in it) for a 1996 RT-10. While in the hands of my insurance company at a garage, the Viper logo was cut out of mine and they're going to reimburse me. Any estimates or suggestions where I could get a quote from? Cheers.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would certainly try Tators first. I seem to recall though that they are getting really hard to get, like they don't make them any more. Chuck will know, so call him.

You can also try Don Scharf Auto if Tator's does not pan out.

My last recollection is they were about $160 US.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As others have mentioned, give the Viper Wizard (Chuck Tator) a call. He is a huge asset to the Viper community! :2tu:

For a used hood liner contact:

Don Scharf Automotive
Don Scharf Auto

XVipers
XVIPERS INC

Let me know if you need any assistance with whom to purchase new or used parts from. I would be happy to steer you in the right direction as I have purchased from most vendors. I know who the good ones are. :2tu:

Cheers
Jason

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to ask... Why would someone cut the viper logo out of the liner ?
Was it painted ? Did the garage think you wouldn't notice ? That's just crazy.

OP
OP
V

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to ask... Why would someone cut the viper logo out of the liner ?
Was it painted ? Did the garage think you wouldn't notice ? That's just crazy.

The garage initially thought that the car was totalled so I think they presumed everything on it was fair game! But I got it reclassified as a damage repairable.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked chuck about hood pads a few months ago because R&J dist. (the website in the link above) told me they couldn't get them anymore and I would have to supply the pad. I think he said they weren't available anymore.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank You All! :)

Viper Scot you have mail. :cool:

There are 11 GENI & GENII hood pads left in Chrysler's stock! MSRP $145.00, even with my 20% off, it will be cheaper to get it from you local Dealer because of its size [shipping will be more then $29]. #4848024AC

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck!! I'll call my dealer tomorrow morning before someone buys the rest of them. Thanks
Jon

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently picked up up at the local dealer. Like Chuck said, it was about $145. I spent a weekend custom painting the logo before installing. It WAS beautiful til the supercharger belt frayed it it beat the hell out of it.

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just ordered one from my local dealer, he said I'll have it in 3 days. Mine is fine, I just want a painted logo and don't want my car down during the process. Thanks for the Part # Chuck!!!

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered one from my local dealer, he said I'll have it in 3 days. Mine is fine, I just want a painted logo and don't want my car down during the process. Thanks for the Part # Chuck!!!

Any chance you could share that part # ?

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the help with the info Chuck! My new hood pad arrived today:D:D
Now all that I need to do is get the time to paint the logo and do the swap. There is nothing wrong with mine on the car, so I will just put it in the BIG box the new one came in and put it away somewhere safe.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also got my New pad today. :D thanks to Chucks' post on the inventory count of hood pads
So ....do you think the pads are sold out now?

ELW98

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called this week. As of 1/21/09......DC has (83) in stock! (11) at one location,and (72) at another. No need to panic. :)

Ernie