Cost to Convert coupe to ACR

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that is part of the front spltter that wraps underneath.

Bruce

That makes sense. I was just under mine on Sunday and didn't pay any attention to that. Is the big aluminum panel that runs under the tranny with the diff. cooling duct standard on the SRT-10?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes sense. I was just under mine on Sunday and didn't pay any attention to that. Is the big aluminum panel that runs under the tranny with the diff. cooling duct standard on the SRT-10?

Yes sir.

Bruce

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so what does everything include on a conversion?

Black sidewinder wheels
Pilot Sport Cups
KW shocks
Slotted Rotors
Front splitter
Front dive planes
Rear Wing
ACR badges
Trunk struts

Is that about it? I understand not all of this needs to be done however that is not the question that was asked.

Bruce

For a ******** add or delete the following:

Delete rear carpet
Delete Hood pad
Delete radio and speakers (replace with carbon fiber covers)
Delete batter cover (replace with carbon Fiber version)
Add track timer

Bruce

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback and seeing some of the conversions. The benefit of going this route is that I can do things over time. My guess is the only thing that needs to be done at the same time might be suspension and aero due to the downforce. Brakes, short throw shifter, wheels, etc. can all be done over time to spread out the expense.

EXACTLY! But some mods have to follow a prerequisite timetable.....ie DONT add the full ACR Aero package until you have already installed the upgraded suspension.
They would not necessarily have to be done at the same time......but as another post says (they also did it in stages) the suspension and ride is firm.....

`ACR_ JonB~~~:<~

Last edited:

Rolstar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got the car back this week, from paint. I spent a lot less on all the components from Steve Prescott at Vipair. The fit and finish were GREAT!

VIPAIR:
ACR Carbon Fiber Wing
Carbon Fiber Canards
Carbon Fiber Front Spolier with Track Extension
Carbon Fiber Side Splitters

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohlin has just developed a new shock for the ACR that has had thorough testing and is outperforming many others.

Bruce

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The key thing is spring rates.

My car has aero + moton suspension.

Although my car is pretty low, even with 1000lb rear springs in back, at the track the left rear rubs the top of the fender at Road America coming out of the carousel if I push it.

On the street its a very stiff ride though. The alternative is to raise the ride height if you want to track it.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got the car back this week, from paint. I spent a lot less on all the components from Steve Prescott at Vipair. The fit and finish were GREAT!

VIPAIR:
ACR Carbon Fiber Wing
Carbon Fiber Canards

Car turned out GREAT! Tom.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
still trying to figure out what the best setup is.

Tom, your viper looks great!!! Did you sell your GTS or just add another? Painted canards look so much better too. Go w/Moton's, much better than the KW3's. Get an 08 hood and taper the stripes also, that white/blue is great combo. Met the viper tech/service mgr. from Warnock at Viper Days in Spring Mountain, seemed like a great guy. Best wishes. Mike

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom that looks great. You going to track it?

VIPAIR:
ACR Carbon Fiber Wing
Carbon Fiber Canards

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery