CPE sidemount T-04 Twin Turbo

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Paolo for getting it done in 4 days. If I helped a little more, we could have finished sooner. Great work, and quality stuff! :D

Big thanks to Joe Donovan for helping out, and getting a base tune, and special thanks to Mike Berger for letting us use the garage and the 4 post lift.

More pictures to follow after Joe completes the final tune.

Attachments

• 100_3270.jpg
    100_3270.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_3270a.jpg
    100_3270a.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 268
  • PI5Send1[50].Jpg
    PI5Send1[50].Jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC02906.JPG
    DSC02906.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC02910.JPG
    DSC02910.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 237

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome bro, I CANT wait for the numbers this weekend! I have a vec2 already on my car so Im really curious to see how yours turns out power and drivability wise! I hope to hear 4 digits back from you when the time comes!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
awesome bro, I CANT wait for the numbers this weekend! I have a vec2 already on my car so Im really curious to see how yours turns out power and drivability wise! I hope to hear 4 digits back from you when the time comes!

I was forced to use Vec2 with mine due to emission testing in Indiana. It made same power as AEM, and drove very well. I'm sure not as good as AEM though.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its less expensive and its a true do it yourself.:drive:
Paolo is a friend to me, but this install was aided by the Paolo which is fine, but for many of the public to consider this a true DIY project would mean seeing some doing the install the way it is advertised, dont you think. Knowing Paolo, and some that hae kits on order, I also know we shall see this happen soon, with a full report on EVERY ASPECT of this kit/install without Paolo's wrenches involved... dont bother asking me WHO I am referring towards, I ain't talkin'. YET...;)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it doesnt look that bad of an install. it cant be a lot worse than the dlm paxton i did over the winter. it took time but wasnt that hard. i wanna hear from carl and the next DIY'er though

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo is a friend to me, but this install was aided by the Paolo which is fine, but for many of the public to consider this a true DIY project would mean seeing some doing the install the way it is advertised, dont you think. Knowing Paolo, and some that hae kits on order, I also know we shall see this happen soon, with a full report on EVERY ASPECT of this kit/install without Paolo's wrenches involved... dont bother asking me WHO I am referring towards, I ain't talkin'. YET...;)

If someone is putting the front mount kit on by themselves as a true diy (carl) then this should be CAKE! I might just ask you how the install is in a little bit:drive:

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So have you dyno'ed her after the kit?? Spill the beans bro... ;)

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is very exciting! Since talking to Paolo about this kit, It's been on my mind a lot. Now, since I know I'm not moving (military) until at least next year, I'm going to have to start getting my Viper ready for these TTs.

Paolo - In an effort to minimize work during the TT install, what things can be done prior to it? For those of us with built motors, I know we can go ahead and upgrade the fuel system, ie pump, lines, regulator, as well as install the AEM or VEC/2. What else can and should be done prior to this build?

Thanks,
Jason
Suffolk, VA

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just to let everyone know im going to be buying a side mount kit as well. i've talked to paolo and hopefully should get it by end of the year. i live in souther california so after its installed anyone that is interested in getting one can check out my car. it will have a full fuel system with aem. i cant wait!!

also, not to derail the thread but i will be selling my polished paxton and BB headers in a couple months if anyone is interested just pm me :D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Right, it will be nice to see the outcome from an install by someone not familiar with the kit, or for that matter turbos. To my understanding that will be happening very soon. Looking forward to their report !!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is very exciting! Since talking to Paolo about this kit, It's been on my mind a lot. Now, since I know I'm not moving (military) until at least next year, I'm going to have to start getting my Viper ready for these TTs.

Paolo - In an effort to minimize work during the TT install, what things can be done prior to it? For those of us with built motors, I know we can go ahead and upgrade the fuel system, ie pump, lines, regulator, as well as install the AEM or VEC/2. What else can and should be done prior to this build?

Thanks,
Jason
Suffolk, VA

Jason, fuel pump, lines, fuel rails, regulator and engine management, 170 degree thermostat, -10 fittings coming out of the top of the valve covers to your crankcase breather, Maybe water-**** wired in and plumbed and ready to go for higher boost with pump gas that you can run with the proper bottom end work that you already have.

I can give you guidance if you call me to figure out which way is the best way to go.

just to let everyone know im going to be buying a side mount kit as well. i've talked to paolo and hopefully should get it by end of the year. i live in souther california so after its installed anyone that is interested in getting one can check out my car. it will have a full fuel system with aem. i cant wait!!

also, not to derail the thread but i will be selling my polished paxton and BB headers in a couple months if anyone is interested just pm me :D

LS6, it was great talking to you the other day! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Right, it will be nice to see the outcome from an install by someone not familiar with the kit, or for that matter turbos. To my understanding that will be happening very soon. Looking forward to their report !!

Tony I can't wait to see when somebody else is supplied with detailed instructions for the install tries to knock one out!

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good news so far... Ill let them spill the beans. Basically, we will get an update after someone changes their underwear! lol

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I didn't know any better I would swear that CPE somehow got a hold of my jigs for the manifolds. Its scary how similar they look down right to the turbo placement.

How much power are you making?

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I didn't know any better I would swear that CPE somehow got a hold of my jigs for the manifolds. Its scary how similar they look down right to the turbo placement.

How much power are you making?

your jigs? No offense but who are you and where do you work? I didnt know there were so many turbo system manufactures out there. any pics of your setup? What kind of power does your car make? Nice to know there are more turbo guys out there

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your jigs? No offense but who are you and where do you work? I didnt know there were so many turbo system manufactures out there. any pics of your setup? What kind of power does your car make? Nice to know there are more turbo guys out there

Am not a manufacturer nor do I have any plans to be one at the moment. Just something I had made for my own car because no one was making them.

But the design similarity is uncanny, perhaps its time to go to the garage and make sure my parts are still in it:smirk:.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any pics? I searched all your posts and never saw any pics of any turbo system... how could he copy it if he cant see it? It could be similar because there is really only one spot you CAN put the turobs, lol. Id like to see some numbers and pics from your system! Like I said, Its nice to see some other turbo guys out there! Start a new thread with all your info!!!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any pics? I searched all your posts and never saw any pics of any turbo system... how could he copy it if he cant see it? It could be similar because there is really only one spot you CAN put the turobs, lol. Id like to see some numbers and pics from your system! Like I said, Its nice to see some other turbo guys out there! Start a new thread with all your info!!!

Its called sarcasm, didn't say he copied it. Honestly there is only so much you can do with the space available, and we just happened to be on the same page when left with the end result.

No post about my setup because I have not made one, like I said its not for sale.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im so confused. You said you made one, now you said you have not? I dont care if its not for sale, post it up! I like seeing new designs!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok let me set you straight here.

I did make a kit, CPE's just happens to be very similar.

Anyways this is a thread for CPE's kit, and we have derailed it enough back on topic.

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool, to be back on topic, I just got a phone call a few hours ago and the car put down some BIG numbers for being a stock motor with a diy system! Im sure we will get the down low VERY shortly from the man himself!