Creampuff Transformation - Greg Good Implants

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 02 creampuff turned into a snarling B#*@!...

Stock 410 hp...

With Greg's heads and cam, plus AR headers, Borla catback, DC lifters, Mopar T&Ds, the car went to 551whp and 581 wtq. Picked up 140 hp.

That's with stock air box, stock throttle bodies, unported manifold, with cats, on a Mustang dyno. Tuned by Paul Meister of Torq Speedlab here in Miramar Florida.

Now I have a proper Viper. It shakesl, it's loud, and sounds meaner than hell:D

I can't believe how much time Greg spent on me during the entire process. Greg is one of the very best individuals I've ever worked with, and those heads make some serious power.

mad prof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done Robert. Tell us where do you see the improvements in real time driving? Is the car tail-happy? Did you have to replace the cam to take advantage of the head porting and breathing improvements?

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love to know more about the build and how it drives. Is it like stock just amped up or does it not make power till higher in the rpm?
Im just teasing myself because this is what I want but not in my budget.
Yet.

OP
OP
R

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the heads and cam are a package that Greg uses...so they come together. I added the headers w/cats and the Borla, plus the Mopar T&Ds and the Craigin lifters. This project wasn't cheap at $18K+. The cam shakes the hell out of the car and drivability at take off and slow speeds is rough. Power has to be up when the clutch is released, and the car can buck and kick like a wild horse if the throttle is not controlled well. It sounds like a full race car .....its actually a little ridiculous for the street. I havnt pushed it very hard and I don't intend to street race or track the car.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like a hand full of fun. You should post a video clip. I would or we would love to hear it. Sounds like it would be a beast.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like a full race car .....its actually a little ridiculous for the street. I havnt pushed it very hard and I don't intend to street race or track the car.
? Well if you don't mind me asking, why do all the work if you do not intend to track the car? What was your thoughts behind this? I mean, where are you going to have fun?

Would like to see a Video clip of the car running :)

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about posting dyno charts before and after? I like pictures:)

Also, what was Greg's turnaround time for this one? I've heard there is a long wait for his services.

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great #`s. I have all that plus ported manifold and 70mm throtle bodies! Greg said my cam was more aggresive than the ones he normally suggestsI only made 507 on a mustang dyno? Greg told me we wont know for sure because all dynos are different. He said to get the 1/4 mile trap speed and we will have a better idea of power. 131mph so far:) after worrying about the dyno #`s all my questions were answered:) although if i had you #`s with that kind of work i wouldnt be worrying! Just smiling. Post ur trap speed if u change ur mind and run it. Im curious now. U might have a freak there:) congrats! Ps. As u said Greg spent alot of time explaining everything in detal. Im pretty sure hes a genius!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers.....kind of pricey for that kind of gain though?

Uh, no. Great numbers. I am putting on a set of GG heads on my Gen 2:

You must be registered for see images attach

Looking forward to results.........................................

OP
OP
R

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torq Speedlab will be giving me a dvd as part of the build project, and they said they will put the video on their facebook page. I took video, but I need to get it on my computer in order to put it on this site. I will try to do that today. To answer some of the questions above....Fatboy...I did this just for fun, to turn the car into what it should be. I will push the car and just have fun with it...its just for show as I don't intend to track it. BlackOutBoxing.....something is wrong with the 507...I think the speed you are running tells a different story. I would have it re-dynode. The turnaround time from order to receive was about 3 months. However, the springs Greg normally uses were back-ordered, and I kept adding to the work scope by having him order Craigin lifters, measuring and ordering the rods, special ordering the 0.027" cometic gaskets, etc. He put together everything I needed. But I have to tell you, I think Greg spent more time with me making sure everything worked out than he did on building the dang heads! This is a man who really cares about what he is doing.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh, no. Great numbers. I am putting on a set of GG heads on my Gen 2:

Looking forward to results.........................................

I have my original heads for sale if you need a set. :D

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torq Speedlab will be giving me a dvd as part of the build project, and they said they will put the video on their facebook page. I took video, but I need to get it on my computer in order to put it on this site. I will try to do that today. To answer some of the questions above....Fatboy...I did this just for fun, to turn the car into what it should be. I will push the car and just have fun with it...its just for show as I don't intend to track it. BlackOutBoxing.....something is wrong with the 507...I think the speed you are running tells a different story. I would have it re-dynode. The turnaround time from order to receive was about 3 months. However, the springs Greg normally uses were back-ordered, and I kept adding to the work scope by having him order Craigin lifters, measuring and ordering the rods, special ordering the 0.027" cometic gaskets, etc. He put together everything I needed. But I have to tell you, I think Greg spent more time with me making sure everything worked out than he did on building the dang heads! This is a man who really cares about what he is doing.
Thanks for the feedback, have fun with your new ride :drive:

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers.....kind of pricey for that kind of gain though?

Only pricey because he had viper techs doing the work. IF you want something cheaper, break out your own tool box and do it yourself! You can do it. Its just a 6.2L with a couple of extra cylinders...

vpr4track

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is really what a Viper needs. I'm sure I was 600+ hp w/ my G. Good heads and a roller cam. I just had the heads rebuilt --are off the car and still for sale along w/ the gaskets and cam. Could throw in the intake manifold and throttle bodies. I went back to a Gen 1 motor to race in T1 this year.
My race car drove fine w/ the mods and sounded like a Spitfire airplane at idle. I would not have any reservations doing this to a street car. Technology has helped newer cars come from the factory w/ > 500 hp, so make the mods or stay in the right lane.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cost of doing my greg good treatment (http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/633639-My-Creampuff-NA-Build?highlight=creampuff+build) was no more than the cost of brand new Roe SC no longer being made. Right around ~$8K for headwork, cam, rockers, pushrods, lifters, gaskets, fluids, headers, breather system, cats, catback, tuning, sct, dyno time but I do the work then again I bought my Viper to work/mod it. Otherwise, I would not hesitate to have someone like Tator do the labor for me. Have fun with that monster! NA all way!

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, it was 93 degrees and humid. Dyno shop didnt adjust dyno for the weather. He said to come for a free run when it the weather was better. I ran 11.0 at 131mph wih a 1.87 60 foot time. I know its a 10 sec car with a better 60 foot. Greg said that means im aroud 600 to the wheels. Dyno is hour and a half away but ill go next month. Maybe my car is just fast for 507hp:) either way ive been told its just a tuning device to get your car to run at its best. The #`s vary at a good margin from dyno to dyno. If i get good #`s ill post them, if not ill post my next 1/4 mile run:) ha your #`s would have made me get better sleep, until i ran it i was a going nuts!

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as Mustang dyno goes, they are the heart breakers, until you goto the track. They ALWAYS read low conpaired to any other dyno. A few years ago a guy took his snake and had a run on a mustang dyno put down 540rwhp/680rwtq. Disappointed he still went to the track and trapped 131-132 all day. Later that year he went to a dyno day and put down 580rwhp/610rwtq.

Dyno numbers are just that, a number. Dyno's are best for seeing mod gaines and tuning than anything else. Let the real world track times tell you how fast it is.